UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True! Maybe she 'needed' them to be with other nurses as well so she could pursue her plans.
I'm imagining that prior to executing any kind of attack letby would have had to weigh up the risk factors. She probably tried not offend when the same staff were on but sometimes her compulsion may have gotten the better of her and she 'saw red' potentially.
Isn’t there two or three occasions where an attack on a baby was preceded by herself not being happy about something? I remember this “forget it, I’ll fix it myself“ or something along those lines.

Isn’t there two or three occasions where an attack on a baby was preceded by herself not being happy about something? I remember this “forget it, I’ll fix it myself“ or something along those lines.
Yes, I think there were a few. There was the whole incident with MT regarding the triplet boys, where MT wanted to move one and Letby wanted them to stay together, then there was the incident with child C, where SE was allocated the care and she was less qualified than LL, so LL was waiting in the wings ready to step in and take over but then it seemed that management asked another nurse to lead the 'bereavement process' but LL couldn't be kept away and kept approaching the family.
There was then also the incident with LW I think, who gave evidence that she felt 'told off' by LL for calling for help. For LL to respond in this was to LW might suggest that LW and LL did not share a supportive relationship, so this could have been the trigger for child D also.

Last edited:
She'll be running the prison in no time at all.

Watch out for blocked drains wherever she's gone and sleep with one eye open if god forbid you have to share a cell with her.
She can’t do admin either, either she’ll just “collect paper” or she just won’t operate the shredder. I don’t believe someone with a degree can’t operate a shredder or maybe that’s another lie too?

Yes during the trial I was thinking "Jesus, whether guilty or innocent, she really is unbearable!"

ETA there was one occasion where Doc Choc was saying how the baby's father had thanked him. She came back with "The whole family thanked me". Like it was some bloody competition!
Quoting myself as I didn't remember LL's wording quite right, not that it changes much. It still made me roll my eyes. Her response to Doc Choc saying the father had thanked him was actually "Family all thanked me..". Reading this back now knowing for sure that she killed Babies O and P is just... urgh!:(:mad:

Letby: 'I keep thinking of them both in the cot together, so peaceful yet beyond words how awful it is.'

Doctor: 'I know, dad was pushing them back to you… he stopped to thank me and I gave him a hug, it seemed the only thing to do (sad emoji).

Letby said: 'So sad. Family all thanked me when I took Baby P in dressed. I know age doesn't make it any easier/hard but it is such a lot to go through at a young age.'

Doctor: 'I don't know how it would be possible to get over losing a child, let alone two.'

Letby sent a crying emoji back and added: 'Think may head may explode.'

Quoting myself as I didn't remember LL's wording quite right, not that it changes much. It still made me roll my eyes. Her response to Doc Choc saying the father had thanked him was actually "Family all thanked me..". Reading this back now knowing for sure that she killed Babies O and P is just... urgh!:(:mad:

Letby: 'I keep thinking of them both in the cot together, so peaceful yet beyond words how awful it is.'

Doctor: 'I know, dad was pushing them back to you… he stopped to thank me and I gave him a hug, it seemed the only thing to do (sad emoji).

Letby said: 'So sad. Family all thanked me when I took Baby P in dressed. I know age doesn't make it any easier/hard but it is such a lot to go through at a young age.'

Doctor: 'I don't know how it would be possible to get over losing a child, let alone two.'

Letby sent a crying emoji back and added: 'Think may head may explode.'

This final reply
"Think my head may explode"
is very cryptic.

Not answering doc A's remark at all.

IMO it is telling.
It is about her disturbed mental state.
Very disturbed and seemingly confusing even to her.

JMO

Last edited:
This final reply
is very cryptic.

Not answering the doc A's remark at all.

IMO it is telling.

JMO
He's talking about the loss of two children, when only she knows that she'd actually been aiming to kill all three. I bet her head WAS exploding, with the excitement of having killed two of the triplets but also the anger at not having chance to kill the third!

He's talking about the loss of two children, when only she knows that she'd actually been aiming to kill all three. I bet her head WAS exploding, with the excitement of having killed two of the triplets but also the anger at not having chance to kill the third!
It is really frightening.
I hope she will get some meds in prison.
"Head exploding" sounds scary - whatever it means.

JMO

This final reply
is very cryptic.

Not answering doc A's remark at all.

IMO it is telling.

JMO
I thought it was odd when I first saw it too. A non sequitur. Doesn't say yes - awful for them.
He mentions patients suffering and she references herself.

ETA but having just read Colour Purple's further up - I think that's the key. It's adrenalin & excitement etc

He also told her she didn't look well on the day of baby Q's collapse.

LL: I can't talk about this now. Sorry, I just need a bit of time.

12 mins later:

LL: Sorry, that was rude. Felt completely overwhelmed & panicked for a minute. We all worked tirelessly & did everything possible, I don't see how anyone can question that. E has always been very supportive.

Doc: No it wasn’t rude. It was unexpected and that’s never nice. Ok now?

LL: I’m having a meltdown++ but think that's what I need to do. Anyway I’ll be ok. You have enough on your plate too.

Doc: When I said it was unexpected I meant the phone call. There isn’t anything to question. You’ve already done what anybody with neonatal knowledge would do. Look at the situation, look at the intervention and look at the response. You didn’t give any drugs that haven’t been checked or made by anyone else, you didn’t delay any treatment and your suggestions were all perfectly appropriate. There is nothing that could have been done differently. E was a good manager when I was here last time. There isn’t a high staff turnover which suggests the unit is well run. There is nothing to be gained by not addressing how your staff have been hit by an event. You didn’t look well Sat, maybe that was noticed.

LL: It’s just hit me a bit as was an unexpected call. If she had phoned earlier I wouldn’t have worried.

12 mins later:

LL: Sorry, that was rude. Felt completely overwhelmed & panicked for a minute. We all worked tirelessly & did everything possible, I don't see how anyone can question that. E has always been very supportive.

LL: I’m having a meltdown++ but think that's what I need to do. Anyway I’ll be ok. You have enough on your plate too.

Doc: When I said it was unexpected I meant the phone call. There isn’t anything to question. You’ve already done what anybody with neonatal knowledge would do. Look at the situation, look at the intervention and look at the response. You didn’t give any drugs that haven’t been checked or made by anyone else, you didn’t delay any treatment and your suggestions were all perfectly appropriate. There is nothing that could have been done differently. E was a good manager when I was here last time. There isn’t a high staff turnover which suggests the unit is well run. There is nothing to be gained by not addressing how your staff have been hit by an event. You didn’t look well Sat, maybe that was noticed.

LL: It’s just hit me a bit as was an unexpected call. If she had phoned earlier I wouldn’t have worried.
I will always remember being in court and Mr Johnson saying “What were you doing in those 12 minutes?”

Now this was the exact time that Letby KNEW something was desperately wrong and the hospital has major issues about her.

Her reply to that question “I can’t answer that”

I am fairly certain she recalls exactly what she did and felt during those 12 minutes and the realisation that the walls were closing in.

It is really frightening.
I hope she will get some meds in prison.
"Head exploding" sounds scary - whatever it means.

JMO
She wrote it after the crying emoji so I think she was trying to make out that it was all so upsetting and hard to understand that her head was exploding. Of course knowing that she was the one who had killed them it reads completely differently.

With what we know now it starts off with her basically saying how she can't stop thinking about the two babies that she had killed, lying dead together in their cot, and how peaceful they looked but how awful it was!

Then she's basically saying how awful it was for the parents to have to go through this at a young age... when SHE was the one who chose to kill their babies, knowing how young the parents were!

She's right she's a horrible evil person.

12 mins later:

Was he referring to after she'd overheard questions being asked about Baby Q's collapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801