UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She wrote it after the crying emoji so I think she was trying to make out that it was all so upsetting and hard to understand that her head was exploding. Of course knowing that she was the one who had killed them it reads completely differently.

With what we know now it starts off with her basically saying how she can't stop thinking about the two babies that she had killed, lying dead together in their cot, and how peaceful they looked but how awful it was!

Then she's basically saying how awful it was for the parents to have to go through this at a young age... when SHE was the one who chose to kill their babies, knowing how young the parents were!

She's right she's a horrible evil person.
Well
I think it was a sudden moment of clarity in her madness.

As if she saw for a split of second the monstrosity she commited.

And her head burst.
Her thoughts exploded.

JmO

Well
I think it was a sudden moment of clarity in her madness.

As if she saw for a split of second the monstrosity she commited.

And her head literally burst.

JmO
But by the next day she was OK and allegedly attacking Baby Q. (I'm assuming we still have to say allegedly as there was no verdict for Baby Q?)

ETA I don't think she was having a moment or clarity or realisation of what a monster she was . I think she was buzzing!

That is why I wrote:

"For a split of second" :D
Nah, I don't think she's got it in her.

I think the only way she's ever likely to come close ( or pretend that she has) is if she suddenly finds God (again) in prison, and thinks that by admitting to, and asking forgiveness for, her sins she'll get into heaven. With no chance of parole, I think that's the only way she's ever likely to admit to everything she's ever done, otherwise it's of no benefit to her to do so

I think the only way she's ever likely to come close ( or pretend that she has) is if she suddenly finds God (again) in prison, and thinks that by admitting to, and asking forgiveness for, her sins she'll get into heaven. With no chance of parole, I think that's the only way she's ever likely to admit to everything she's ever done, otherwise it's of no benefit to her to do so
She is human.

Very disturbed, possibly in denial.

But her subconsciousness escapes from time to time and she realizes what happened.

JMO

Last edited:
She is human.
But her subconsciousness escapes from time to time and she realizes what happened.

JMO
What's she going to do in prison without her own shredder?

How's she going to cope when - I assume- she had a habit of venting, formulating, doodling & writing down her thoughts secretly & then disposing of those ramblings securely?
She didn't even use her diary for that, too risky - diary looked fairly empty.

Last edited by a moderator:
and every letter she replies to will be read.

first 6+ months according of her prison stay in seg ...
'Letby will also have very little human contact. "She'll associate mostly with prison officers, her key worker in the prison and one or two cleaners, but much of that interaction will be through the hatch in her cell door," Leech added...
It is said she will be on suicide watch for some months and it will be at least six months before she is integrated with other prisoners.

She will start off her whole life sentence living in the hospital wing of the prison while they assess her mental and physical health and protect her from other inmates. Eventually, she'll be moved into her own cell.

This is a routine procedure for every inmate found guilty of murder, on the assumption that anyone who faces decades in prison will contemplate taking their own life. It will take place in a number of forms - from CCTV cameras watching Letby to direct supervision from officers, noting her moves every 10 minutes.'

She is human.

JMO
Yeah I suppose it depends whether you think she's in denial or not. Opinions vary even amongst the "experts". I tend to think she's fully aware of what she's done, and feels no remorse because, as well as trying to kill the babies, it was always her intention to physically hurt the babies and to emotionally hurt the parents, and she's achieved that aim.

Yeah I suppose it depends whether you think she's in denial or not. Opinions vary even amongst the "experts". I tend to think she's fully aware of what she's done, and feels no remorse because, as well as trying to kill the babies, it was always her intention to physically hurt the babies and to emotionally hurt the parents, and she's achieved that aim.
I guess we will never know.
No need to argue :D
Whatever her malady is, now the prison staff have this problem in their hands.
JMO

Last edited:
20 years a max security prisoner at least apparently before any chance of a change in circumstances for Lucy letby. That’s actually a grim prospect thinking ahead, a long time and right too.

“It's thought that Letby could eventually be transferred to a lower security prison to live out her final days later on in life, but it's expected she'll remain a maximum-security prisoner for at least the next 20 years.”

Consultant John Gibbs interviewed

as many have suspected, many senior staff 'closed their minds' and 'strongly defended' LL
resus in some cases ' popped' the embolism ( wasn't understood at the time)
Baby Death Panel's chair and police officer on that panel explained that they had no alternative but to inform police.
Regret. Admissions.
Only 1 death since LL was removed to date.

Last edited:
Consultant John Gibbs interviewed

as many have suspected, many senior staff 'closed their minds' and 'strongly defended' LL
resus in some cases ' popped' the embolism ( wasn't understood at the time)
Baby Death Panel's chair and police officer on that panel explained that they had no alternative but to inform police.
Regret. Admissions.
Only 1 death since LL was removed to date.
Really interstng actually, good to have clarification on these other cases as well. There are other deaths on the unit from 15/16 that are being investigated for ll involvement. I’m genuinely shocked, appalled and blown away but it. The doctor quite clearly states there are two deaths with known medical causes. About ten levels ago I didn’t think it could get more surprising. It just did, in hard words. Her tally seems more than ten in a year.

Last edited:
What's she going to do in prison without her own shredder?

How's she going to cope when - I assume- she had a habit of venting, formulating, doodling & writing down her thoughts secretly & then disposing of those ramblings securely?
She didn't even use her diary for that, too risky - diary looked fairly empty.
BBM

Jam the paper down the plughole? (snigger)

BBM

Jam the paper down the plughole? (snigger)

Will they even let her have a biro or pencil? I assume a person can stab self and badly injure with one.

I've seen documentaries about suicide wing prisons and I honestly don't know how anyone survives, it's so bizarre. They can't have a single thing. Just a sleeping pad and a blanket. People rip up or twist their clothes or sheets to ligature themselves with so they can't even have anything but a paper suit and no cotton sheet just a thing made of weird fibre fabric.

does anyone know if a datix was made about the plumbing? And if so was it hers truly?

I imagine God would be hiding in a cupboard.

I can understand how if a person is the sort that likes to 'journal' then a treasured memory from one's first official shift would be a thing... but in light of what we now know, maybe not so much.
This is the thing about this case and about LL, specifically. Every individual thing about her, her life, her behavior and suchlike is almost totally normal. The thing about her keeping her first handover sheet, I mean okay she shouldn't have done it but I bet things like that happen all the time with lots of people, but it seems completely normal to me. Young woman, newly qualified in her dream job, making her parents and family proud, etc, etc. Keeping something like that seems totally normal to me.......but, when taken as a part of the whole of her life and what we now know she has done.......!!!

This is the thing about this case and about LL, specifically. Every individual thing about her, her life, her behavior and suchlike is almost totally normal. The thing about her keeping her first handover sheet, I mean okay she shouldn't have done it but I bet things like that happen all the time with lots of people, but it seems completely normal to me. Young woman, newly qualified in her dream job, making her parents and family proud, etc, etc. Keeping something like that seems totally normal to me.......but, when taken as a part of the whole of her life and what we now know she has done.......!!!
but what about the 298? other sheets?

( might have been 257 sheets total)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members