UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting myself as I didn't remember LL's wording quite right, not that it changes much. It still made me roll my eyes. Her response to Doc Choc saying the father had thanked him was actually "Family all thanked me..". Reading this back now knowing for sure that she killed Babies O and P is just... urgh!:(:mad:

Letby: 'I keep thinking of them both in the cot together, so peaceful yet beyond words how awful it is.'

Doctor: 'I know, dad was pushing them back to you… he stopped to thank me and I gave him a hug, it seemed the only thing to do (sad emoji).

Letby said: 'So sad. Family all thanked me when I took Baby P in dressed. I know age doesn't make it any easier/hard but it is such a lot to go through at a young age.'

Doctor: 'I don't know how it would be possible to get over losing a child, let alone two.'

Letby sent a crying emoji back and added: 'Think may head may explode.'

But by the next day she was OK and allegedly attacking Baby Q. (I'm assuming we still have to say allegedly as there was no verdict for Baby Q?)

ETA I don't think she was having a moment or clarity or realisation of what a monster she was . I think she was buzzing!
I think there were defo buzzing moments, after the deaths, she seemed to be ready to 'dust away the day' with salsa dancing etc, plus all the baby box malarkey where she sounded absolutely wired.
But I think she used to take a dip after that and this is where Dr choc would come in to it all.
When I look at the convos between them, it does feel as though LL led them, that she 'coached' him somewhat into the the "reassurance role"
You can see in the texts that if he says the 'right things' she absolutely purs, but if he says the 'wrong thing' she can be quite abrupt. She knew how she wanted him to behave and she knew he would oblige, like a faithful puppy dog! :D

Religious elements seemed to play significant role in her madness.

Her role of being a Godmother is interesting.
And it was religious involvement as I suspected earlier, considering her background as we know now.

Although some posters rejected my idea then.

JMO

What religious elements have you seen throughout?

The only one I can sort of see is the 'element of fate' but I think that was her sly ego and knowing something others didn't - that it was her killings babies. Imo

Quoting myself as I didn't remember LL's wording quite right, not that it changes much. It still made me roll my eyes. Her response to Doc Choc saying the father had thanked him was actually "Family all thanked me..". Reading this back now knowing for sure that she killed Babies O and P is just... urgh!:(:mad:

Letby: 'I keep thinking of them both in the cot together, so peaceful yet beyond words how awful it is.'

Doctor: 'I know, dad was pushing them back to you… he stopped to thank me and I gave him a hug, it seemed the only thing to do (sad emoji).

Letby said: 'So sad. Family all thanked me when I took Baby P in dressed. I know age doesn't make it any easier/hard but it is such a lot to go through at a young age.'

Doctor: 'I don't know how it would be possible to get over losing a child, let alone two.'

Letby sent a crying emoji back and added: 'Think may head may explode.'

It just stinks of ego doesnt it - She has to one up the doctor:

"The father thanked me"
"Well ALL of them thanked me"

Attention, look at me, I'm better than you, narcissism.

She sounds like an insufferable person to be around in general.

What religious elements have you seen throughout?

The only one I can sort of see is the 'element of fate' but I think that was her sly ego and knowing something others didn't - that it was her killings babies. Imo
Taking part in Baptisms by Priests in hospital
Being a Godmother
Hanging out with friends near the Cathedral
Being a church goer

agree

re Dawn Howe's status - Telegraph checked in with her last week and she replied that she ' stands behind ' her previous statement

It's surprising but if she genuinely believes her friend is innocent perhaps she could suggest the explanations for what has happened and how the court and jury have been so mistaken. I for one would be genuinely open to hearing her ideas.

I think there were defo buzzing moments, after the deaths, she seemed to be ready to 'dust away the day' with salsa dancing etc, plus all the baby box malarkey where she sounded absolutely wired.
But I think she used to take a dip after that and this is where Dr choc would come in to it all.
When I look at the convos between them, it does feel as though LL led them, that she 'coached' him somewhat into the the "reassurance role"
You can see in the texts that if he says the 'right things' she absolutely purs, but if he says the 'wrong thing' she can be quite abrupt. She knew how she wanted him to behave and she knew he would oblige, like a faithful puppy dog! :D

In this relationship I feel it went both ways. I remember feeling sickly reading his messages and thinking this is a guy who's trying to groom a younger colleague into depending on him for a shoulder to cry on when he's actually a married man with kids and she far his junior in status.
JMO MOO

Being a Godmother
Being a church goer

I think most nurses would have taken part in that setting? I think that was just her enjoying the grief process imo.

Hanging out near a cathedral, most kids in the 90s/early 00s got drunk in the park or graveyard.

I'm a godparent and aren't religious, in fact I don't know any who are.

A church-goer would suggest she was religious but not sure it would suggest an element to her madness.

Imo

Being a Godmother
Being a church goer

I'm not big up enough on psychoanalytic theory but I wonder if the force of the 'saintliness' and 'niceness' was an incredibly complex unconscious processing mechanism pushing back within her own self against her own evil deeds?

Of course, I was just saying that this is how it is in the UK - you can't assume religious belief from the examples you've given.
Every person is unique.

Saying how it is in a given country does not necessarily mean everybody is the same.

People are more complex than stereotypes.

JMO

Reactions: IDK
Being a Godmother
Being a church goer
Nurses are trained to support patients' religious beliefs. Accompany them, if necessary, be present in PICU's when a baby needs Last Rites or whatever.
It does not imply subscription to one church vs another including athiesm.
It is an act of support and kindness.
ETA and clarify
In MOST cases it is an act of kindness and support. most nurses are not serial killers.

Last edited:
If we're hypothesising about religious attitudes, etc., maybe now's the time to bring up the theory that she had some kind of problem with sex. Wasn't there an incident in which she went to the room of the parents of one of the babies, and commented later that the mother was skimpily dressed? In a disapproving kind of way. It makes me wonder if she was quite prudish and disapproved of sexual behaviour. Possibly related to a religious thing, or not...

I remember there were notes she bad made that featured words like "foreign object" and "insulin" (I think or maybe diabetic) - did we know when these were written at all? Was it after her first arrest or before?

Reactions: IDK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member