UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're hypothesising about religious attitudes, etc., maybe now's the time to bring up the theory that she had some kind of problem with sex. Wasn't there an incident in which she went to the room of the parents of one of the babies, and commented later that the mother was skimpily dressed? In a disapproving kind of way. It makes me wonder if she was quite prudish and disapproved of sexual behaviour. Possibly related to a religious thing, or not...

Messages now being shown to court from that night to a colleague, who wasn't on shift. Ms Letby messaged: 'Just went to tell baby's parents that transport coming...bedroom door answered after lots of what sounded like scrambling in tiny lacey dress hardly covering anything'

I see this as more of a piece of gossip she can share with colleagues rather than a disapproving of sex thing imo.

Messages now being shown to court from that night to a colleague, who wasn't on shift. Ms Letby messaged: 'Just went to tell baby's parents that transport coming...bedroom door answered after lots of what sounded like scrambling in tiny lacey dress hardly covering anything'

I see this as more of a piece of gossip she can share with colleagues rather than a disapproving of sex thing imo.
It still indicates an attitude.

Sounds bitchy/gossipy for sure but your post said "problem with sex" - I don't get that from this exchange imo.

I think she just liked that she had a bit of gossip she could tell people. "Look what happened to me".
Yes, you may be right, but it seems we're attempting to psycholanalyse her to an extent on here - trying to suss out her motivation, etc. So people are mentioning the juvenile style of decor in her house. Clinging on to childhood. Is it too much of a stretch to suggest that she was somehow sexually repressed?

It's pretty low stuff for a nurse to bother to message. If the baby's parents had been accommodated in a bedroom (with their baby?) then they may well have been undressed or barely dressed anyhow. I'd have thought nurses see all sorts of weird and wonderful things and a tiny lace dress is the thin end of the wedge

Yes, you may be right, but it seems we're attempting to psycholanalyse her to an extent on here - trying to suss out her motivation, etc. So people are mentioning the juvenile style of decor in her house. Clinging on to childhood. Is it too much of a stretch to suggest that she was somehow sexually repressed?

I think her laughing emoji response to her colleague suggesting "go commando" tells us she wasn't that prudish.

I'm not sure how repressed she was...she seemed to be getting something from Dr A and it wasn't just chocolate - she didn't seem to feel guilt or shame about it.

Of course this is all speculation so you could 100% be correct in your theory most definitely.

I think her laughing emoji response to her colleague suggesting "go commando" tells us she wasn't that prudish.

I'm not sure how repressed she was...she seemed to be getting something from Dr A and it wasn't just chocolate - she didn't seem to feel guilt or shame about it.

Of course this is all speculation so you could 100% be correct in your theory most definitely.
True - it's all just idle speculation.

It's pretty low stuff for a nurse to bother to message. If the baby's parents had been accommodated in a bedroom (with their baby?) then they may well have been undressed or barely dressed anyhow. I'd have thought nurses see all sorts of weird and wonderful things and a tiny lace dress is the thin end of the wedge

Exactly, it sounds like she sensationalised it to me 'for the goss/story' - it ties in with her ego imo.

Some might even wonder if she competed with a certain female for the attentions of the male, but it would not look that way to others as she would seemingly be the dutiful 'baby girl' to both. iykwim. imo. speculation..

Yes me too. I'd look it up if I knew which baby is being referred to. ( If the baby is one of the original charges)
It was the "Stoke baby", not part of the charges. This incident with Stoke baby's parents happened on the nightshift of baby I's murder.

Child I gave a 'cry that had not been heard before' - 'loud and relentless', according to Ashleigh Hudson, who interpreted it as "distress".
When she was repositioned on her tummy at about midnight, Child I stopped breathing. Resuscitation efforts began and Child I then began to fight the ventilator.
Dr John Gibbs was told Child I had had an abnormal cry. He was 'perplexed' at Child I's rapid deterioration and recovery, which would not show a sign of infection.
Mr Johnson says Letby falsified paperwork for one of her designated babies at this time - the baby to be transferred to Stoke.
Letby recorded a note at 10.50-10.52pm note of a 10% glucose infusion for the 'Stoke baby'. The infusion note is written as starting at '2300', and that writing is changed to '2400'. Mr Johnson says it was changed to give Letby an "alibi" for midnight

Recap: Lucy Letby trial, June 22 - prosecution closing speech

Ms Letby was assigned to Nursery 3 on the neonatal unit that night and was responsible for a child not part of this case. Child I was in nursery 1, Ashleigh Hudson was her designated nurse

Colleague responded 'OMG' - several more messages of a social nature go back and forth. We're now approaching 22:30 on 22 October
Went back to check and it looks like this was the night shift of poor baby I's final, fatal, collapse.

ETA Tortoise beat me to it lol xx

It's been mentioned by a few people that she seems to have a lot of supporters who are standing by her and refuse to believe in her guit. I'm not actually seeing a great deal of evidence for that, tbh. As mentioned above, her friend Dawn said something to that effect on the BBC programme but that was almost certainly recorded prior to the verdicts and she hadn't attended the trial. It's anyone's guess what her feelings are now.

There is apparently a group in the US who seem to be ramping her innocence but they seem to have no connection to her at all and it smells very much like a click-bait scam or similar. Probably the same lot who were running lucyletby.com which was a short-lived site proclaiming her innocence a while back which, again, appeared to be completely unconnected to her.

I don't see any evidence that there are swathes of people who are totally convinced of her innocence, tbh.
Oh they're all over the FB groups and twitter. Spouting off with their home made graphs and interpretations of the post it notes. One guy on twitter is openly stating how he is in the process of blackmailing a doctor involved in the trial to "get them onside"

It's really quite terrifying how people are buying into the conspiracies

It’s interesting because they said the other deaths were not associated with Lucy letby so the unit must be at fault, what they don’t know is that they are still being investigated By the police with only two currently ruled as nature causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024