GUILTY UK - Olivia Pratt-Korbel, 9, shot dead, Liverpool, 22 Aug 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It does appear that he TC is trying to explain away every single movement, every car journey, every house call, astonishing that he can remember it all in such vivid detail, even things like turning around to see his brother on the street etc.

I think the prosecution mentioned whether his sister/ partner knew he was drug dealing to prove he was a liar… like, of course they knew what he was doing, but he came across as quite evasive in these questions- is that the prosecutions way of demonstrating that he is unreliable and lying? And will just create a story to cover his lies?

I think the cctv wouldn’t pick up TC going into the witnesses house, as he ‘Garden hopped’, so I’m assuming missed being recorded on her CCTV?

It does appear that he TC is trying to explain away every single movement, every car journey, every house call, astonishing that he can remember it all in such vivid detail, even things like turning around to see his brother on the street etc.
In fairness, this isn't the first time he's been asked it (as in, 7 months later when it's a foggy memory).

It was mentioned today that he was arrested several times before being charged, therefore he likely had to account for his movements back in August or September when that day was much fresher in his memory (and tbh, I think anyone who heard about a young girl being shot and killed a few streets from where they lived would remember that day particularly well). So if it's the truth, I could see how he'd remember it in this detail. It would feel a vital part of being exonerated.

Or, alternatively, he's had 7 months (and many discussions with legal advisors) to come up with a feasible-sounding false explanation for the movements.

In fairness, this isn't the first time he's been asked it (as in, 7 months later when it's a foggy memory).

It was mentioned today that he was arrested several times before being charged, therefore he likely had to account for his movements back in August or September when that day was much fresher in his memory (and tbh, I think anyone who heard about a young girl being shot and killed a few streets from where they lived would remember that day particularly well). So if it's the truth, I could see how he'd remember it in this detail. It would feel a vital part of being exonerated.

Or, alternatively, he's had 7 months (and many discussions with legal advisors) to come up with a feasible-sounding false explanation for the movements.
The little girl was shot a few streets from where I lived. I remember the day because of all the helicopters, and I vaguely recall a conversation with a friend about it the day after, or the Wed... I also remember seeing armed police walk outside my window, but I cant say if that was the next day (Tues) or not. So his memory does seem particuarly spot on, when mine is very blurry. Admittedly I havent been asked to recall that day, but still its a bit too perfect a recollection imo...

10:12Jonathan Humphries

Good morning​

Good morning all,
We're back in Manchester Crown Court today as Thomas Cashman resumes giving evidence to the jury.
Yesterday he became emotional as he said: "I'm a dad, not a killer", and claimed the "key witness" was a "total liar". He also said her boyfriend, Paul Russell, owed him £25,000 for five kilos of cannabis. Cashman said he had told Russell he would "take his graft phone and car" if it was not paid.
Our Crown Court Reporter is back in Courtroom one and Crime Reporter Jonathan Humphries is in the media annexe in the building where the case is being livestreamed.
We should get back underway shortly

I wonder if he is found not guilty, if he will carry on with his drug dealing ways or if the police will be keeping an eye out.

Not sure if the prosecution have proven beyond reasonable doubt yet, but I can't imagine the jury being impressed that he basically bums around his local area all day and probably earns more a week than they earn in a few months. I'm certainly not!!!

12:05Jonathan Humphries

'Failed door lock' sorted and court resumes​

The technical issues have been resolved, and Thomas Cashman is now in the witness box.

The jury are brought in, and Justice Yip tells them: “I’m very sorry for the delay.
“The reason was as simple as a failed door lock, meaning the defendant could not get from the cells to the courtroom."

She tells the jury that an engineer had to be called to fix the problem.

JY: “It’s frustrating for everyone, not least for Mr Cashman who is in the middle of his evidence.
“But we have checked and he is ready.”

I am seriously sitting on my hands here, so much I could say ;)

Quote“The reason was as simple as a failed door lock, meaning the defendant could not get from the cells to the courtroom."
Makes me think maybe a godly sign that if found guilty he won't be out of the cells for a lonnnnnng time. A taster as such for him.

'I'm telling the genuine truth - that's not me'​

The court is shown CCTV images of the suspected gunman walking along a road in Dovecot on the night of the shooting.
"That's not me," Cashman says. "I'm telling the genuine truth, that's not me."

Cashman is played the CCTV footage of the moment Joseph Nee is shot on Kingsheath Avenue.

He looks down at the screen in front of him.

Mr McLachlan says: “That’s you isn't it?”

Cashman: “No, it’s not me. Joseph Nee’s even put in his statement.”

He is stopped by the judge.

Justice Yip says: “He didn’t ask a question about what somebody else said.”

Mr McLachlan continues: “You’re not prepared to own this because you killed a little girl?”

TC: “I did not kill a little girl. Is my DNA anywhere on the house on Kingsheath Avenue? Could you tell the jury that please. If my DNA was there you’d tell the jury.

Joseph Nee’s give a name in of the suspect who did it. Is this person’s DNA on the door of the house. You can’t answer that.”

Not wanting to defend TC at all, but ...

On the 21st, he went into Mrs Nee's house - so it would be normal to notice a van - Joey Nee's van - parked outside.

But, on the 22nd, he is only driving down Finch Lane, so why would he notice any cars or JN's van, that are parked on the Lane.

DMcL asks Cashman about the day before the shooting.

The defendant agrees that he saw Joseph Nee outside his mum’s house on August 21, the day before the murder, and his van was parked outside.

He agrees to the suggestion he went past Finch Lane several times while Nee’s van was there on August 22.

Cashman, speaking about the day of the murder, says: “
I did not see it. I weren’t paying attention to Mr Nee’s van

I hope the Jury are making more sense of this than I am....

Mr McLachlan asks: “You stayed at home for eight minutes. Why only eight minutes?”

TC: “I couldn’t tell you why.”

DM: “Why are you going out at half past eight at night?”

TC: “I couldn’t tell you why, I just went out. It was still light out.”

I wonder if he is found not guilty, if he will carry on with his drug dealing ways or if the police will be keeping an eye out.

Not sure if the prosecution have proven beyond reasonable doubt yet, but I can't imagine the jury being impressed that he basically bums around his local area all day and probably earns more a week than they earn in a few months. I'm certainly not!!!

I can't see him being able to return to his normal routine if he is found not guilty.

I really don't think the Prosecution have proven their case - although of course we only get snippets and there may be much more damning evidence that has been heard in court.

It will be very interesting to see if the Defence has any other witnesses who will testify to back up TCs story.
Otherwise it's TCs word against the female witness's word.

Just wondering if there is no CCTV evidence from him, entering the witness his house, allegedly, and if the evidence is so circumspect, then how did the police know to arrest him in the first place?

The C PS would never let the case proceed, unless they thought they had to go enough evidence to convict, so maybe they are hoping that some of the parts will be sufficient?
Like the witness testimony, like the probability of having GSR on his clothes, suddenly not having a phone so GPS can’t be tracked, the ‘lost’ clothes etc.

Did the prosecution come up with a clear motive for going after Nee, or is it one of the things they just can’t mention? But we assume is linked to a hit/ someone else we can’t mention?

What I find odd is that neither Cashman or the female witness have been asked about guns.

For example "did you ever see Cashman with a gun?", "did he ever suggest he had access to a gun?". Its not like he used a kitchen knife, which everyone has easy access to. He is seemingly a cannabis dealer, thats quite different to someone immersed in gun culture... yet no questions. Odd imo

Seems to me like TC has got an answer for everything, he’s making a mockery of the prosecution. He’s either a pro because he’s got himself out of stuff like this before or he’s actually innocent. The witness statement from the women can’t be the main evidence surely? She just came across as a scorned women,
They must have more on him, the prosecution are saying “have you been caught out”….he hasn’t yet. It’s weak at best

I can’t believe that they brought in one of his mates to testify on his behalf. I mean the Jury surely don’t think that this is credible? Plus why is he given his name, but sitting behind a screen? And as for wearing the same trainers and brand that TC is accused of wearing, that is really low. It doesn’t prove anything at all, he could’ve just gone and bought those yesterday. It’s totally irrelevant.

I’m finding it astonishing that this is the level of information in this trial for the poor girl.

I can’t believe that they brought in one of his mates to testify on his behalf. I mean the Jury surely don’t think that this is credible? Plus why is he given his name, but sitting behind a screen? And as for wearing the same trainers and brand that TC is accused of wearing, that is really low. It doesn’t prove anything at all, he could’ve just gone and bought those yesterday. It’s totally irrelevant.

I’m finding it astonishing that this is the level of information in this trial for the poor girl.

I suppose all TC is left with is trying to put as many doubts into the dury mind as possible.

I think he is guilty simply because I dont believe the unnamed lady witness is lying. I never heard of a drug
dealer letting a debt get to £25.000 from a small fish and I have been around shady people in similar circumstances in my younger days.

Plus would she really do that knowing how big time TC is with his connections just to get rid of a debt?

I do honestly think TC is doing OK with placing doubts especially as the witness did state she was obsessed with him.
I do also think that there was enough to put this case to trail.

The jury will have a better read on whats going on as we only get snippets. Without any other witnesses for the prosecution this could go either way

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back