Found Safe UK - Owami Davies, 24, from Chafford Hundred, Essex, last seen in Croydon, Surrey, 6 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It really is a strange case,but I do not think it can be compared to Richard O's death.

I imagine the information they originally had was from immediate family and friends ,maybe other people have come forward with new information.

It was her mother who said Owami had no connection to Croydon .

It really is a strange case,but I do not think it can be compared to Richard O's death.

I imagine the information they originally had was from immediate family and friends ,maybe other people have come forward with new information.

It was her mother who said Owami had no connection to Croydon .

Parents tend to think they know their kids inside out, and of course they don't. Many will not have a clue what is going on in their offspring's lives.

This is bizarre. In the space of a couple of hours, the entire narrative has changed.

I can believe that her travel history has only come to light recently, but her medical history accounts for the 'vulnerable' label and was probably known from the outset.

Why was she described as happy and having no problems?

Why was the search for her not prioritised more highly, first by Essex Police and then by the Met?

Has nothing been learned from Richard Okorogheye's death?

It is very easy to question and pass judgement when we not in possession of all the facts.

Whatever UK LE (England and Wales) missing persons investigations have been historically, it is certainly not the case today and this has been so for some years.

Missing persons case are complex for many reasons. Not least because the missing person often has elements in their background that, whilst often being a factor in their disappearance, nevertheless should remain confidential, particularly matters of health, disability, gender identity, sexuality, criminal history, financial position, family situation etc. The police will maintain this confidentiality and may only publicise elements when they are likely to have a significantly positive material impact on the progress of the investigation.

Before police publicise anything they have to ensure it is relevant, necessary, proportionate, accurate and would not have a significantly adverse effect on the missing person and in particular the risk to their mental or physical health.

We do not have a right to know anything and police will often conduct their investigation from within and not go public, unless the risk assessment is that the likelihood of harm is high and seriousness in nature, make it necessary.

Last edited:
This case seems to have a lot of layers. It originally looked more nefarious, but as time goes on, and information gets released bit-by-bit, it seems more a mental health-related disappearance. That’s not to say Owami couldn’t be in danger, because she is clearly vulnerable right now, and she needs to be found and ensured safe ASAP.

Parents are not always very good sources of information for what’s going on with their adult children, and it seems to be the case that like many of us, Owami has a life, friends and looser contacts that her mother knows zero about. Most of the time, there is nothing sinister in that; in this case, there seems to be cause for concern.

Hope OD is safe and gets in touch soon.

A nurse who vanished in south London six weeks ago could be travelling regularly by train, appearing dazed or confused, police have said.

In a statement, it added: "Owami has been depressed and in the absence of her medication may use alcohol to relieve her depression."

British Transport Police (BTP) has also issued its own appeal on Twitter saying Ms Davies may be taking trains.

"We know Owami Davies, 24, regularly uses the rail and Tube network to travel from Grays, Essex to the Croydon area.
"Often via West Ham and West Croydon stations.

"Owami may still be regularly travelling by rail in a vulnerable state, appearing dazed or confused and possibly seeking to engage with other lone female travellers.

Link

A nurse who vanished in south London six weeks ago could be travelling regularly by train, appearing dazed or confused, police have said.

In a statement, it added: "Owami has been depressed and in the absence of her medication may use alcohol to relieve her depression."

British Transport Police (BTP) has also issued its own appeal on Twitter saying Ms Davies may be taking trains.

"We know Owami Davies, 24, regularly uses the rail and Tube network to travel from Grays, Essex to the Croydon area.

"Owami may still be regularly travelling by rail in a vulnerable state, appearing dazed or confused and possibly seeking to engage with other lone female travellers.

Link

I imagine the police must have some evidence of her travelling on trains and drinking alcohol to make these statements.

I imagine the police must have some evidence of her travelling on trains and drinking alcohol to make these statements.

I wonder has she tried drunkenly talking to several people on trains and they reported it when the case got publicity. Alcohol costs money though and she has been missing for a month which is a long time and we can see form the cctv three days after going missing she is already in a bad shape. I suspect if she is alive she is staying with someone who doesn't read the news often.

It also makes me wonder if the guy she is with in the cctv is just a passer that she has approached and if the close up image of her is her approaching a delivery driver or taxi dashcam. I wonder where would she have slept each night with basically no belongings. Its warm weather but at 5am its still probably quite cold

It also makes me wonder if the guy she is with in the cctv is just a passer that she has approached and if the close up image of her is her approaching a delivery driver or taxi dashcam. I wonder where would she have slept each night with basically no belongings. Its warm weather but at 5am its still probably quite cold

It has not been cold at 5 am for the last couple of months. I think if she has regularly been travelling to Croydon it is because she knows someone there. I do wonder if she has been caught up in county lines.

It has not been cold at 5 am for the last couple of months. I think if she has regularly been travelling to Croydon it is because she knows someone there. I do wonder if she has been caught up in county lines.
I think knowing what we know now, death from exposure due to sleeping outside is still a possibility. Suicide is also possible due to depression, similar to R. Okorogheye case as mentioned but perhaps less planned. Unless she happened across someone who felt sorry for her and took care of her but one month is a long time. Interesting you mention drugs, if she is approaching random people around the city she could have come across all sorts. She also may have been willing to experiment with drugs because of her depression.

I think knowing what we know now, death from exposure due to sleeping outside is still a possibility. Suicide is also possible due to depression, similar to R. Okorogheye case as mentioned but perhaps less planned. Unless she happened across someone who felt sorry for her and took care of her but one month is a long time. Interesting you mention drugs, if she is approaching random people around the city she could have come across all sorts. She also may have been willing to experiment with drugs because of her depression.

The temperatures have not been low enough to kill someone from exposure,and if she had died accidentally in a pink c place her body would have been discovered and identified. She has been travelling to Croydon frequently so presumably had contacts there. I think if drugs were involved it would have been connected to her previous visits .

I think knowing what we know now, death from exposure due to sleeping outside is still a possibility.

Even though it has been warm enough for healthy people to avoid hypothermia, if substances, including alcohol have been taken which affect the bodies temperature regulation then the risk is increased.

Additionally, If OD' was wearing wet clothes, was not sheltered at night and not moving then this would also increase the risk.

Link

So she was suffering depression and on medication. As I thought earlier, she may have had a breakdown hence the behaviour she was displaying. It might have helped if that had been stated at start.

The temperatures have not been low enough to kill someone from exposure,and if she had died accidentally in a pink c place her body would have been discovered and identified. She has been travelling to Croydon frequently so presumably had contacts there. I think if drugs were involved it would have been connected to her previous visits .

Where was it said she had been travelling to Croydon frequently?

Where was it said she had been travelling to Croydon frequently?
Detective chief inspector Nigel Penney, who is leading the investigation said it is "one of the biggest investigations" he has ever experienced, adding "and that reflects our determination to find Owami for her family".
View attachment 360354The nurse student is studying at King’s College London. The university say they are "deeply concerned" about her disappearance. Ms Davies’ mum Nicol Davies also released an emotional plea to her daughter.

She said: “There are many friends and family who love and care for Owami and all of them want to see her safe return. Owami, if you see this appeal please believe you are not in any trouble, we just want you to come back to us. Please leave a message if you can to let us know you are okay, we are so very worried about you”.
It says in the article within this post

So she was suffering depression and on medication. As I thought earlier, she may have had a breakdown hence the behaviour she was displaying. It might have helped if that had been stated at start.

Things aren't often that straightforward. The decisions are made by the people who have all the information and the experience to make considered judgements based on it. The situation is fluid and dynamic.

Making a public statement that someone is depressed and on medication is not done unless the need to do so for the welfare of the patient outweighs the patients right to confidentiality.

I suspect that medical advice from OD's treating physician has been sought in respect of this decision.

Pleased to see the new police info as it may spur on a sighting and help for her. Very sad. Seems that they have been trying to protect her dignity, both police and family/friends, for as long as they can.
I believe the photo of her was from a police bodycam who didn’t realise who she was at the time and spoke to her. You can’t force a person to get help unless they are I’ll enough to be sectioned. I’m still not convinced she is?

Pleased to see the new police info as it may spur on a sighting and help for her. Very sad. Seems that they have been trying to protect her dignity, both police and family/friends, for as long as they can.
I believe the photo of her was from a police bodycam who didn’t realise who she was at the time and spoke to her. You can’t force a person to get help unless they are I’ll enough to be sectioned. I’m still not convinced she is?

I am not quite so sure they have deliberately been trying to protect her dignity . Until the last day or so it has been treated in public as a kidnap / murder with 5 men being arrested and subsequently bailed.

I am not quite so sure they have deliberately been trying to protect her dignity . Until the last day or so it has been treated in public as a kidnap / murder with 5 men being arrested and subsequently bailed.
Good point - It is odd about this case the way it was treated as kidnap/murder for so long without mentioning that her mental health may have led to irrational decision making.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back