Found Safe UK - Owami Davies, 24, from Chafford Hundred, Essex, last seen in Croydon, Surrey, 6 Jul 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
rbbm.
''The force issued a fresh appeal at the beginning of this week, saying Ms Davies could be in Croydon and "in need of help".
On Thursday, British Transport Police tweeted that Ms Davies could still regularly be taking trains, may appear dazed or confused and may be seeking to engage with women travelling alone.''

1661181644445.png
1661181675987.png

Police issued the wrong pictures of missing student nurse Owami Davies, it has emerged as the Metropolitan Police faces questions over the handling of the case.

On Aug 3, the Met Police released CCTV images from a shop in Croydon of a woman they said was Ms Davies.

The pictures were picked up by a number of media outlets, who duly reported them on their websites and social media.

But the force apologised shortly afterwards and withdrew the images, saying they were not of Ms Davies, but another woman.

New pictures were then re-issued

Met police say one 'working hypothesis' on Owami Davies' disappearance is that she is now sleeping rough - seven weeks after she went missing. Members of the public are asked to keep looking out for her.

Officers think Owami Davies travelled to Croydon to see a friend who she'd visited before- but this time the two never met.

When she was found by the officers on July6 (after a call from a concerned member of the public) she was sleeping in a doorway on the friend's street

There have been *117* reported sightings of Owami Davies all over the country. The Met say they are working around the clock to work out which, if any, are real.

The Met stress they have see no evidence to suggest Owami has come to any harm, and they are hopeful she can be found safe.

But they think she has no phone or credit cards with her - and say her Oyster is empty.

Met police say one 'working hypothesis' on Owami Davies' disappearance is that she is now sleeping rough - seven weeks after she went missing. Members of the public are asked to keep looking out for her.

Officers think Owami Davies travelled to Croydon to see a friend who she'd visited before- but this time the two never met.

When she was found by the officers on July6 (after a call from a concerned member of the public) she was sleeping in a doorway on the friend's street

There have been *117* reported sightings of Owami Davies all over the country. The Met say they are working around the clock to work out which, if any, are real.

The Met stress they have see no evidence to suggest Owami has come to any harm, and they are hopeful she can be found safe.

But they think she has no phone or credit cards with her - and say her Oyster is empty.

So it seems my theory of homelessness of Owami was right.
But instead of running away, it was waiting for somebody.
I guess, it is a boyfriend issue.
Whom she visited earlier.

MOO

Considering the latest police hypothesis that she is now sleeping rough, I wonder why OD didn't ever return to see her friend later on, after missing them that night. This makes me think she left the Croydon area altogether after that because if she was there for a month she likely would have returned at some point.

Hmmm…

Owami told her mother she was going to the gym but instead she ended up in Croydon trying to visit a friend.

So Owami made up a story to cover for her trip to visit this friend.

I have to guess that she had a cover story because whoever she was going to visit was known to her family and they would not “approve” of the visit.

The friend wasn’t there so Owami was sleeping rough in the doorway of this person’s home. Sounds like she was intent or “desperate” to make contact with this friend. Why?

Why not go home and try another day? Why sleep rough waiting for this person?

I have a few ideas but nothing to back up my thoughts.

There is definitely more going on here than what we have been told.

If the theory is that Owami is wandering aimlessly and sleeping rough and still alive, what’s happened to the 5 guys that were charged with murder and various other things? Have the charges been dropped?

My head is kinda spinning right now.

MOO

Hmmm…

Owami told her mother she was going to the gym but instead she ended up in Croydon trying to visit a friend.

So Owami made up a story to cover for her trip to visit this friend.

I have to guess that she had a cover story because whoever she was going to visit was known to her family and they would not “approve” of the visit.

The friend wasn’t there so Owami was sleeping rough in the doorway of this person’s home. Sounds like she was intent or “desperate” to make contact with this friend. Why?

I have a few ideas but nothing to back up my thoughts.

There is definitely more going on here than what we have been told.

If the theory is that Owami is wandering aimlessly and sleeping rough and still alive, what’s happened to the 5 guys that were charged with murder and various other things? Have the charges been dropped?

MOO

My head is spinning too. Like you I think there must be more to this story..
What has made her abandon her nursing course when she only had a couple of months before she is qualified with a job lined up. So many questions!

My guess is that she left home to sort something out with one or maybe more of the five people, it didn’t get sorted and for some reason she couldn’t return home so she either moved on to another part of the country or something worse happened.

Regarding phone and bank cards is the report saying she did not take them with her or she hasn’t used them?

what’s happened to the 5 guys that were charged with murder and various other things? Have the charges been dropped?

MOO
These 5 + OD + her (boy?) /friend all know one another.

It was reported in one of the links here.

MOO

Last edited:

I'm confused. Where did you read all this?

My guess is that she left home to sort something out with one or maybe more of the five people, it didn’t get sorted and for some reason she couldn’t return home so she either moved on to another part of the country or something worse happened.

Regarding phone and bank cards is the report saying she did not take them with her or she hasn’t used them?

the latter I think

Her mobile phone and bank cards have also offered no clues since the last sighting of her.

If she had left them at home, they could just say that.

adding in the link from the article - originally from post 332

Last edited:
what’s happened to the 5 guys that were charged with murder and various other things? Have the charges been dropped?

Not wishing to be pernickety but terminology is important, as getting it wrong makes the meaning entirely different and much more serious.

5 males were arrested and interviewed. They have been bailed by the police to return to the police station in early September.

They have NOT been charged.

the latter I think

Her mobile phone and bank cards have also offered no clues since the last sighting of her.

If she had left them at home, they could just say that.

adding in the link from the article - originally from post 332

What clues would the mobile phone offer?

After Milly Dowler’s poor parents talked about newspapers hacking Milly’s mobile, and the parents thinking she was alive as she (actually the hacker for the paper) listened to the answerphone messages, would any current media be willing to risk hacking Owami’s phone, do you think?

After Milly Dowler’s poor parents talked about newspapers hacking Milly’s mobile, and the parents thinking she was alive as she (actually the hacker for the paper) listened to the answerphone messages, would any current media be willing to risk hacking Owami’s phone, do you think?
Can anybody hack somebody's phone legally?

Is Owami incapacitated?

She is a grown up person and if she decided to leave home and wander - it is her choice.

Thousands decide to leave everything and start anew.

I guess she decided to meet/live with her boyfriend.

He was absent/ or decided to break up with her.

She met with those 5, they must have been seen together b/c Police suspected them.

But instead of being kidnapped/murdered, she wandered away.

As cctv from 7th showed.

Is she heartbroken?
Or suffers from other problems?

Who knows.

But, if she doesn't want to be found - it is her choice.
Nobody can force an adult person to treatment.

Only if this person can harm herself or others.

MOO!!!

Can anybody hack somebody's phone legally?

In the UK, in some specific circumstances, the authorities can.

Other countries vary.

But, if she doesn't want to be found - it is her choice.
Nobody can force an adult person to treatment.

Some powers under the Mental Health Act can be used to detain people and treat them for their mental health.

The wording suggests that they do not have the phone, so is it fair enough to suggest the phone is dead?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back