GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure how this connects to the murder? Can you elaborate? TIA! :)

It's only a thought but with the timeline (especially the closing of the shop) I do not think anything has happened at the Deli premises as it's such a small window of time if the information that JL left is correct. Therefore I am thinking that as Paige knew this man and would have been happy to accept a lift he possibly said he was heading to the Cash & Carry which would be quite normal. As a local business owner I know the Cash & Carry outlets that would most likely be used. Not sure where that leads in terms of what happened after leaving Deli but would make sense of a lift being offered in that direction.

There appears to be no information on charges being brought against the Deli owner or anyone else at this stage. Does anyone know how it works, is it 8 hours they are allowed to question a someone for before having to charge or release? I know time for questioning can be extended in certain circumstances, will this be made public if the time has been extended? Otherwise they may have let him go by now?
This might help?

https://www.unlockthelaw.co.uk/scottish-criminal-law.html#whathappensarresteddetained

I think it would depend what the level of crime is like around there. In a high crime area I'd lock the shutters and I guess it might even be part of their insurance to have to have the shutters closed if the building is unoccupied.
But given that the deli does deliveries if they closed the shutters every time they went out they'd spend half the day putting them up or down. Nope thinking about it the shutters paint a huge picture

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It's only a thought but with the timeline (especially the closing of the shop) I do not think anything has happened at the Deli premises as it's such a small window of time if the information that JL left is correct. Therefore I am thinking that as Paige knew this man and would have been happy to accept a lift he possibly said he was heading to the Cash & Carry which would be quite normal. As a local business owner I know the Cash & Carry outlets that would most likely be used. Not sure where that leads in terms of what happened after leaving Deli but would make sense of a lift being offered in that direction.
If we're to believe that he pulled up to the rear of the Deli before driving off - I'm wondering if something DID happen in the Deli - maybe she was rendered unconscious - either on purpose or accidently - he then may have pulled shutters and taken her out the back way, driven a mile up the road then taken her to the field?

But given that the deli does deliveries if they closed the shutters every time they went out they'd spend half the day putting them up or down. Nope thinking about it the shutters paint a huge picture

Yes, good point. Plus, it would seem odd to go out on a delivery at that time on a Saturday morning, knowing that there will be plenty of customers turning up to buy breakfast

Sorry Elainera, my system is playing up, finding it difficult to post.

I will paraphrase - Daily Record FB page

the comment sounded quite genuine to me ( in amongst all the wild over the top theories )

comment along the lines of there being new tyres on a car and a car reversing to the back of a shop

Thank you for that!

Good morning! Maybe her bag of belongings or the murder weapon?

That's also quite possible. Maybe he left the shop for an hour to ditch those things there?

I think he must have told LE to go to that field.

Thank you for explaining! Yes he could have used that as a ruse/excuse for heading down there.

If we're to believe that he pulled up to the rear of the Deli before driving off - I'm wondering if something DID happen in the Deli - maybe she was rendered unconscious - either on purpose or accidently - he then may have pulled shutters and taken her out the back way, driven a mile up the road then taken her to the field?

Someone yesterday (sorry can't remember who) had a look on Google maps and said there didn't seem to be a back entrance.

I'd assume that they usually had more than one member of staff working when they were doing deliveries so no need to shut up the shop. They were advertising for part time weekend staff before Xmas. They only do deliveries at weekend 10-2 so maybe the other member of staff was due at 10?

ETA I'm not saying he DID have a delivery that morning at 8.30 but he might have told Paige that he did so he could offer her a lift.

I am very sure from memory that the rear of the shops cannot be accessed by a vehicle as there are concrete bollards along pavement where the cars would park at the front, does that make sense? I also do not think you could reverse close to the front entrance due to these bollards that separate the pavement and parking. I will go check and see if can link a picture.

@Pabs and other locals, would it be normal for JL to be alone in the shop at that time of day? If not I wonder where his staff was?

Someone yesterday (sorry can't remember who) had a look on Google maps and said there didn't seem to be a back entrance.
I'd guess there must be, if the big bin on wheels things are there then their hardly likely to carry refuse out through the shop and walk it round the back. Wouldn't it be a prerequisite to have rear access for a business?

Confused by this because looking at Google Maps there is no back entry that a vehicle could pull up to...

Also seen rumours his car was spotted near where her body was found, that he changed his tyres,that he also shut up shop at 3pm...all speculation

I'd guess there must be, if the big bin on wheels things are there then their hardly likely to carry refuse out through the shop and walk it round the back. Wouldn't it be a prerequisite to have rear access for a business?
There is obviously a back door but it can't be accessed by a vehicle. The bins also seem to be out front - where the tent was put up last night

I guess there must be a door in the back but no space to back up a car close to the rear of it?

Confused by this because looking at Google Maps there is no back entry that a vehicle could pull up to...

Also seen rumours his car was spotted near where her body was found, that he changed his tyres,that he also shut up shop at 3pm...all speculation

According to the Delicious Deli Facebook page 3pm is their normal weekend closing time.

attachment.php

Bollards as mentioned in previous post and due to housing at rear of these buildings I do not think they can be accessed by vehicle at rear entrance.

Attachments

• Screenshot Pic.jpg
    Screenshot Pic.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 262
Most of these places will have a back door for health and safety.

And yes his car was spotted at the location of her body, i just can't figure out a motive.

@Pabs and other locals, would it be normal for JL to be alone in the shop at that time of day? If not I wonder where his staff was?

In my opinion it is quite a laid back working environment at the Deli so I think anything is possible. Also possibly a staff member called in sick that morning and no one available to cover at such short notice.

Just been thinking about all this.... Could his daughter and Paige have had a fall out and he was playing protective father? Grasping at straws as from social media he looks a very unlikely suspect.

Sorry it is a lot of assumptions - I am making huge leaps in judgement on this guy. Very confusing as these cases always are....

uploadfromtaptalk1458821239474.jpg

That's about as close to the back entrance as you can get

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members