Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Man appears in court charged with murder of Paige Doherty, 15

CefDPLJWAAAZtY6.jpg

https://twitter.com/PA?lang=en

So far as we know now, John is only charged with murder, but I'm guessing that other charges could be added at a later day? Or does that differ for Scottish law?

Such a sad case :( very strange circumstances too! I know in this day and age you can never be too careful, but for a 15 year old girl to go missing and be murdered in daylight, around a populated area, is just so scary.

I really wonder what happened, if there was an accident and JL panicked? was it pre-meditated? was it just a spur of the moment opportunistic killing?

I'm really impressed with the speed in which they arrested the suspect, the police obviously worked very hard to ensure justice for Paige!

very glad to read there is an arrest in this case. I have been following this one and lurking.

Such a sad case :( very strange circumstances too! I know in this day and age you can never be too careful, but for a 15 year old girl to go missing and be murdered in daylight, around a populated area, is just so scary.

I really wonder what happened, if there was an accident and JL panicked? was it pre-meditated? was it just a spur of the moment opportunistic killing?

I'm really impressed with the speed in which they arrested the suspect, the police obviously worked very hard to ensure justice for Paige!

They said she was stabbed and it was "violent". It doesn't fit with an accident and JL panicking. Violent stabbing points to a a massive amount of anger, hate, someone totally freaking out, losing complete control. I don't think it was pre-meditated, I think this guy has some serious anger issues, probably lots of pent up anger and hate. jmo

They said she was stabbed and it was "violent". It doesn't fit with an accident and JL panicking. Violent stabbing points to a a massive amount of anger, hate, someone totally freaking out, losing complete control. I don't think it was pre-meditated, I think this guy has some serious anger issues, probably lots of pent up anger and hate. jmo

And also very up close and personal

Sent from my iPhone using Ta

Yes, that's true.. I forgot about that, I'm not familiar with all the details or if there's a recap of the main points on Websleuths anywhere? (I've been a lurker on here since the Becky Watts case and I signed up then, but never posted)

Stabbing definitely doesn't fit into the accidental theory! it just seems so weird that he'd stab a young girl for seemingly no apparent reason.. but then again, some people are just evil :(

Stabbing definitely doesn't fit into the accidental theory! it just seems so weird that he'd stab a young girl for seemingly no apparent reason.. but then again, some people are just evil :(

I wouldn't be surprised if it's like so many other cases nowadays... that he was acting out a fantasy that he'd harbored for some time, possibly fueled by viewing child and/or violent *advertiser censored* online. And poor Paige may have been part of his fantasy or just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's like so many other cases nowadays... that he was acting out a fantasy that he'd harbored for some time, possibly fueled by viewing child and/or violent *advertiser censored* online. And poor Paige may have been part of his fantasy or just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Would he really risk acting out such a fantasy on a busy Saturday morning when his whereabouts could be easily noted by witnesses and cctv? I'm just really struggling to understand how the situation arose.

Would he really risk acting out such a fantasy on a busy Saturday morning when his whereabouts could be easily noted by witnesses and cctv? I'm just really struggling to understand how the situation arose.

It seems it was early enough at 8.15 on a Saturday morning for it not to be too busy yet, but I'd imagine it was an impulsive decision to act at that moment, even if he'd fantasised about it for a long time.

Jamie Reynolds had, scripted, practiced and planned his crime for years and yet still managed to be easily caught and convicted. So this murder 'could' of been at least an idea in his head but I'm still, until I get an idea or facts to say otherwise, I'm thinking it was done in a panic to shut her up...

I can see a situation where he had a delusional notion that he might have a chance with her but she refused him, spurned his advance and left frightened. If so, he panicked and left, caught up with her feigning apology out of fear that she may tell someone.
If so, why not bring along a knife from the deli.

MOO

Hadn't seen that yet:

Police Scotland threw a ring of steel around Dumbarton Sheriff Court as an angry mob gathered outside.

There were cries of “scum”, “beast” and “monster” as suspect John Leathem was driven into the court via a secure entrance.

Paige’s grandfather, William Munro, 54, who had criticised the police search for the 15-year-old, shouted: “You killed my grand-daughter”, before he was led away in tears.

http://www.express.co.uk/scotland/655861/Paige-Doherty-murder-suspect-makes-first-court-appearance

Jamie Reynolds had, scripted, practiced and planned his crime for years and yet still managed to be easily caught and convicted. So this murder 'could' of been at least an idea in his head but I'm still, until I get an idea or facts to say otherwise, I'm thinking it was done in a panic to shut her up...

Yes Jamie Reynolds and Vincent Tabak were ones who sprang to mind as both had a prior interest in violent *advertiser censored*, but yes it could have been a case of panicing to keep her quiet. And in a deli, knives would be more easily accessible than say if it happened outside.

I can see a situation where he had a delusional notion that he might have a chance with her but she refused him, spurned his advance and left frightened. If so, he panicked and left, caught up with her feigning apology out of fear that she may tell someone.
If so, why not bring along a knife from the deli.

MOO

Or it could all have happened in the deli. Paige has also been described as a really friendly chatty girl and maybe he misinterpreted her friendliness as something more.

Or it could all have happened in the deli. Paige has also been described as a really friendly chatty girl and maybe he misinterpreted her friendliness as something more.

Agree on misinterpreting her friendliness. Just that if it happened inside the Deli I see no easy way he secretly got her to the car. It's too open and there is no way to get close.

Agree on misinterpreting her friendliness. Just that if it happened inside the Deli I see no easy way he secretly got her to the car. It's too open and there is no way to get close.

I was looking on Google maps. If the deli is the building labelled as "Taste of Asia" with the bollards in front, then it looks like there's possibly access to more private parking at the rear via Ian Smith court.

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.8976279,-4.3879435,110m/data=!3m1!1e3

Streetview doesn't allow you to go right up there though and it looks like it might be fenced off with a metal fence.

ETA: thinking about it the fact that police parked out the front too probably means the back isn't accessible at all

Either way it would be risky to have removed her from there in broad daylight unless she was hidden inside something. But then he would also risk being seen giving her a lift or bundling her into a car. Whatever he did he took a big risk that morning. Was he relying on it being so quiet at that early hour that nobody would see anything. Of course he hadn't bargained on his observant shopkeeper neighbour spotting Paige ... and now possibly even nearby CCTV picking everything up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back