GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Phew! lol Thanks

I was just wondering if you could do one of your maps that highlights the important places and times. The Mirror one has some places (not sure how accurate they are) but doesn't include places like the bus stop, the friend's house Paige walked from that morning etc.

No probs! I'll crack on with it after tea, which is late cos I got caught up on Shaylyns thread!

ETA: Here you go Map Link

No probs! I'll crack on with it after tea, which is late cos I got caught up on Shaylyns thread!

That's brilliant. Thanks!

And wow it shows just how short a distance Paige had to walk from her friends house to the bus stop. We're talking literally a five minute walk. Still can't get my head around somebody going missing on a five minute walk from A to B in broad daylight. Tragic.

Another thing that occurred to me having looked at the map is that Paige's own house is close by too so she may well have a routine of walking past/going in the deli on the way to the bus stop even when she's not stayed over at a friends.

That's brilliant. Thanks!

And wow it shows just how short a distance Paige had to walk from her friends house to the bus stop. We're talking literally a five minute walk. Still can't get my head around somebody going missing on a five minute walk from A to B in broad daylight. Tragic.

Do we know exactly where on Angus St her friend lives? I just ask because didn't we hear that Paige had gone through "the quadrant" to get to the deli which would suggest she started at the top end of the street so I imagined she'd cut through then come down Lappin Street. Seemed a longer route to me. Not sure if there is indeed a cut through from Q to LSt though, and I can't find the quote about which way she walked. Not that it really matters I don't suppose!

Thanks for the map, Skibs!

Do we know exactly where on Angus St her friend lives? I just ask because didn't we hear that Paige had gone through "the quadrant" to get to the deli which would suggest she started at the top end of the street so I imagined she'd cut through then come down Lappin Street. Seemed a longer route to me. Not sure if there is indeed a cut through from Q to LSt though, and I can't find the quote about which way she walked. Not that it really matters I don't suppose!

Found a bit that mentions Wood Quadrant lane

After leaving her friend's house, she walked down Wood Quadrant Lane and went to Delicious Deli on Fleming Avenue, a few minutes from the bus stop she normally waited at before heading to work.
http://stv.tv/news/west-central/1347459-murder-hunt-as-clydebank-body-identified-as-paige-doherty/

The road names are really confusing aren't they. There looks to be another Angus road above and to the right of the other one and Wood quadrant seems to apply to more than one road too.

http://stv.tv/news/west-central/1347459-murder-hunt-as-clydebank-body-identified-as-paige-doherty/

The road names are really confusing aren't they. There looks to be another Angus road above and to the right of the other one and Wood quadrant seems to apply to more than one road too.

A-ha! Good catch, makes much more sense if her friend lives in the more northerly end of Angus Street, she'd have had to walk out of the cul-de-sac and turn left into WQ. Much more sense!

Another thing that occurred to me having looked at the map is that Paige's own house is close by too so she may well have a routine of walking past/going in the deli on the way to the bus stop even when she's not stayed over at a friends.

She had made a 5 star review on Delicious Deli, so yes, quite feasible that she often called in there on her way to work.
In fact, didnt the Fleming Foodstore owner ( Mr Ahmed ) say that she had called into him the week previous for a roll, but that on the 19th she chose to go to the Deli.

She had made a 5 star review on Delicious Deli, so yes, quite feasible that she often called in there on her way to work.
In fact, didnt the Fleming Foodstore owner ( Mr Ahmed ) say that she had called into him the week previous for a roll, but that on the 19th she chose to go to the Deli.

It looks like JL only lived a few minutes away from Paige's house too so she may have known him even before he bought the deli.

Something else that jumped out at me from Skibs map is just how close the river Clyde was. The river is nearer to both the deli and JL's home than Paige's final resting place was. I guess it's small comfort to her family that she was left somewhere she could be found and not put into the river.

Oh good grief I handnt even noticed! That's what happens when you're rushing and just type in the street address to google maps :p I should have double checked. I couldn't find which house on Angus St was the friends so I just put a pin on the street. I've moved it to the northern Angus St because that makes much more sense.

Oh good grief I handnt even noticed! That's what happens when you're rushing and just type in the street address to google maps :p I should have double checked. I couldn't find which house on Angus St was the friends so I just put a pin on the street. I've moved it to the northern Angus St because that makes much more sense.

Blame the town planners, fancy putting two roads with the same name so close together lol.

I think the body was only in the car on the Monday morning for the short transfer to where she was found.

Where was it before then, do you think? It's not like he could have taken it home with him. This is just all so awful.

I hadn't noticed the other Angus Street either!

The other thing is the bus stop, did we find out which one it was as early reports said it was East Barns Street?

I hadn't noticed the other Angus Street either!

The other thing is the bus stop, did we find out which one it was as early reports said it was East Barns Street?

Tbh I don't know. To put it on the map it needs to be confirmed (MSM/LE/VI) If you can find an article that has it that would be great. Idk why I assumed it was on Fleming? It's been a reallllllly long Easter weekend lol

Tbh I don't know. To put it on the map it needs to be confirmed (MSM/LE/VI) If you can find an article that has it that would be great. Idk why I assumed it was on Fleming? It's been a reallllllly long Easter weekend lol

It's probably immaterial anyway Skibs. She didn't get that far.

I'm intrigued to know where she usually went after walking through Quadrant, is there a ginnel going from there to Lappin St? If not, and she had to walk all the way along Browne Av, she would have had to walk right past his house.

Again, not sure why I'm overthinking this as how she got there is irrelevant if he hurt her in the Deli.

It's probably immaterial anyway Skibs. She didn't get that far.

I'm intrigued to know where she usually went after walking through Quadrant, is there a ginnel going from there to Lappin St? If not, and she had to walk all the way along Browne Av, she would have had to walk right past his house.

Again, not sure why I'm overthinking this as how she got there is irrelevant if he hurt her in the Deli.

The bus stops handy to know if it turns out that he did follow her rather than everything happening in the deli. If the bus stop is on East Barns street it looks like Paige would have either carried on walking down Fleming avenue and turned off left down North Elgin Street ... or gone back past AA's shop and turned right into Johnston Avenue. Neither route looks particularly secluded and both routes run through residential areas where JL risked being seen pulling over in his car. North Elgin street also has a learning and development centre and a chemist, though I guess it may have been too early for either to be open.

Interestingly there's a short cut through the carpark of the learning centre if you wanted to cut the corner between North Elgin Street and Fleming Avenue

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.8...4!1sTWqDYUZIVPnTeUsc3O0H3A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.8...4!1sIZP6I-KhEIn4Hm6mczeT2A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.8...4!1sK77AL89VtIqwzDtUcNJf7A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The bus stops handy to know if it turns out that he did follow her rather than everything happening in the deli. If the bus stop is on East Barns street it looks like Paige would have either carried on walking down Fleming avenue and turned off left down North Elgin Street ... or gone back past AA's shop and turned right into Johnston Avenue. Neither route looks particularly secluded and both routes run through residential areas where JL risked being seen pulling over in his car. North Elgin strert also has a community centre and a chemist, though I guess it may have been too early for either to be open.

I definitely think if she left that deli and walked off, someone would have seen her. Especially if he snatched her off the street. There'd always be someone out having a cig on the porch, or nipping out for the papers or a butty. So I reckon either she never left the deli alive, or she willingly accepted a lift with him.

I definitely think if she left that deli and walked off, someone would have seen her. Especially if he snatched her off the street. There'd always be someone out having a cig on the porch, or nipping out for the papers or a butty. So I reckon either she never left the deli alive, or she willingly accepted a lift with him.

The only possible secluded spot that's shielded from most houses is if she takes the short cut through the carpark at the learning centre on the corner of Fleming Avenue and North Elgin street, but itd' only take her seconds to walk through there.

One of our local sleuths on here - think it was Glasgow girl - said the likely route from the deli would have been down North Elgin st to East Barns St. Turning left into East Barns there is a bus stop a few yards along, so could be that one..... Although most reports seem too indicate that Paige didn't get that far.

Where was it before then, do you think? It's not like he could have taken it home with him. This is just all so awful.

Somewhere in the deli. Must have some kind of storage space in there and from what I have read I don't think he employed many staff, if any, so presumably would have been a safe enough place for him to use over the week end until he found the opportunity to put the body into his car....

Somewhere in the deli. Must have some kind of storage space in there and from what I have read I don't think he employed many staff, if any, so presumably would have been a safe enough place for him to use over the week end until he found the opportunity to put the body into his car....

Ugh. My heart breaks for that sweet girl and her family [emoji24]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back