GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi! I'm a lurker who just joined! *Waves* :)

I was thinking about if Paige and JL could maybe have been in contact on Facebook...

So, if Paige rated his deli 2 years ago then it seems likely that she would have went back there before the day of her death. If so, then JL would recognise her, even just as a regular customer, and know she had rated the deli's Facebook page. He would then know her name if he didn't already and be able to add her if he wanted to.
I've came across three different accounts on Facebook for Paige so far, which are/were friends with her friends and family members so all seem real. (I think I read that her mother said someone had made a fake profile.) None of them are friends with JL, but of course there was some time after the murder for him to unfriend her (if they were friends) before he was arrested. Can Facebook check to find that out? I guess so. Although, his wife may have noticed and asked questions if he was ever friends with her, so maybe the deli rating was their only Facebook 'interaction' and doesn't really mean anything else.

Hi! I'm a lurker who just joined! *Waves* :)

I was thinking about if Paige and JL could maybe have been in contact on Facebook...

So, if Paige rated his deli 2 years ago then it seems likely that she would have went back there before the day of her death. If so, then JL would recognise her, even just as a regular customer, and know she had rated the deli's Facebook page. He would then know her name if he didn't already and be able to add her if he wanted to.
I've came across three different accounts on Facebook for Paige so far, which are/were friends with her friends and family members so all seem real. (I think I read that her mother said someone had made a fake profile.) None of them are friends with JL, but of course there was some time after the murder for him to unfriend her (if they were friends) before he was arrested. Can Facebook check to find that out? I guess so. Although, his wife may have noticed and asked questions if he was ever friends with her, so maybe the deli rating was their only Facebook 'interaction' and doesn't really mean anything else.
Hello Kittens and Welcome

Great first post! As he was married and a lot older than Paige, I think if there was any social media contact it would've been done via Facebook messenger only and not publicly.

I imagine it will all come out in the wash soon enough :/

A man charged with the murder of 15-year-old Paige Doherty has made a second private appearance in court.

John Leathem, 31, of Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire, made no plea or declaration during the full committal hearing at Dumbarton Sheriff Court on Friday.

He was remanded in custody after the hearing, which comes less than a week after his initial appearance in the dock.

A spokesman for the Crown Office said Leathem's next court date is yet to be confirmed.

http://stv.tv/news/west-central/1348484-man-charged-with-murder-of-paige-doherty-returns-to-court/

POLICE fearing reprisals have mounted a security camera at the spot where teenager Paige Doherty was last seen alive.

The camera was placed on a street lamp facing shops in Whitecrook, Clydebank , where the 15-year-old was spotted days before her body was found two weeks ago.

Local sources say police have been told of threats to damage the home and delicatessen owned by John Leathem, 31, who is charged with murdering Paige .

A source said: “Police have been told the shop and house could have windows smashed or be set on fire.

“There is a lot of anger that has been directed towards the suspect’s wife and family. It’s a shame because they haven’t done anything wrong.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...rs-see-police-fix-7666718#8RK2RqDziid4yuYq.99

Hello Kittens and Welcome

Great first post! As he was married and a lot older than Paige, I think if there was any social media contact it would've been done via Facebook messenger only and not publicly.

I imagine it will all come out in the wash soon enough :/

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

Ah yes, that's probably correct. Although it could be that they never had any outside contact at all, it's such a strange story.

Yes, hopefully there will be answers to everything once the trial starts.

I've just been reading the forum rules and I think this is ok to ask, I'm really sorry if it's not - I just wondered if JL's children both have the same mother? Not for any particular reason, I was just curious!

Hi Kittens, welcome from me too! :)

To answer your question, we are not allowed to sleuth family members.

Hi Kittens, welcome from me too! :)

To answer your question, we are not allowed to sleuth family members.

Hi Elainera, thank you! :)

Ah ok, I wasn't quite sure before if that just meant not to post about anything about/from their social media here. But I'll remember that for when I post in future, thanks for letting me know! Still getting the hang of things on here :)

POLICE fearing reprisals have mounted a security camera at the spot where teenager Paige Doherty was last seen alive.

The camera was placed on a street lamp facing shops in Whitecrook, Clydebank , where the 15-year-old was spotted days before her body was found two weeks ago.

Local sources say police have been told of threats to damage the home and delicatessen owned by John Leathem, 31, who is charged with murdering Paige .

A source said: “Police have been told the shop and house could have windows smashed or be set on fire.

“There is a lot of anger that has been directed towards the suspect’s wife and family. It’s a shame because they haven’t done anything wrong.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...rs-see-police-fix-7666718#8RK2RqDziid4yuYq.99

ah, the mob mentality again
why target his wife and family? they have nothing to do with his crime! direct your anger towards the perp, he certainly deserves it but his wife and family do not
i am glad he was found quickly
go in peace paige; 15 is an age so full of promise and dreams, i am sorry it ended this way

Thanks for the update Geobee and :welcome: to Websleuths

The COD is slightly different to what I had understood from earlier reports - in fact it sounds even more horrific.

Does that mean what I think it means? :/
It does kind of allude to the perp [modsnip], but it is most likely he stabbed her in the neck and the neck wounds contribute to the most blood loss. It sounds deliberately homicidal - I wonder if it was from the front or back.

Thanks for the update Geobee and :welcome: to Websleuths

The COD is slightly different to what I had understood from earlier reports - in fact it sounds even more horrific.

Thanks for the welcome been here a few days now its megga addictive.

Was it possible that she could of had any sharp objects as shes was supposed to be going to a friends after work to do her nails?

I saw that two cars in the same area where also set on fire days after JL was arrested was this anything to do with this case as threats have been made against the family.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35903992

Another thing that confuses me is that both JL and his wife own the deli, Does she watch the shop while JL does the deliveries or does the shop close everytime a delivery is phoned? Just seems like it would be impossible for one person to run alone.

https://www.endole.co.uk/company/SC444108/delicious-deli-clydebank-limited?page=people

It does kind of allude[modsnip], but it is most likely he stabbed her in the neck and the neck wounds contribute to the most blood loss. It sounds deliberately homicidal - I wonder if it was from the front or back.

It also makes me wonder even more where it happened, as that much blood loss would be hard to hide w/ out somebody noticing. Especially in a public place (deli) or at home w/ a family present (or returning shortly).

ETA- that also makes me think premeditated...

What about the 2nd tent police erected? Am I imagining that? (Not outside the shop) But possibly another crime scene?

Did we not hear about a 2nd tent? Did we find out where that was?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13
Back