GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He couldn't have been thinking with his brain at all. She was going to be last seen buying a sandwich in his shop. That is troublesome for him. Then he closes his shop, at the height of breakfast sales, with no reasonable explanation. He was obviously not thinking clearly at the time. :mad:
Absolutely...the last person is always the first person to be looked at. I'm guessing he wasn't counting on Ashy spotting her going to his shop. Bet he poo'd his pant when Ashy mentioned it later on...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

On JL deli page a comment mentions is that his second cafe open in 2014. Anyone know where the first one is or was?

Here is what I don't understand----she was apparently seen by the other deli owner, as she walked by and waved to him, AFTER she bought her breakfast roll next door. So she left the shop alive and well,---then what? He followed her?
I thought her saw her beforehand and spoke to JL later who confirmed she'd been in

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

On JL deli page a comment mentions is that his second cafe open in 2014. Anyone know where the first one is or was?

Dumbarton Road. There's a Facebook page for it too. I think it had closed down prior to this judging by the page.

It is on dumbarton road, it has a separate fb page if you search fb for delicious deli you should find it, it has the same profile picture. I think it might have closed though.

Been away, glad to see there's been an arrest and some top sleuthing going on here!

I think Leathem counted on the possibility that nobody saw Paige going into his shop. He must have bricked it when Ashy spoke to him about her, I wonder if he'd spoken to the police by then and denied seeing her?

As for him closing the shop, he only had to mention to someone or text his Mrs that he was going to the cash & carry, or felt ill, or whatever, and he'd think he had it covered. The police must have suspected him from the get go, I think they're going to find plenty of evidence against him.

A post mortem will show if she ever ate that sandwich and roughly when she died.

Here is what I don't understand----she was apparently seen by the other deli owner, as she walked by and waved to him, AFTER she bought her breakfast roll next door. So she left the shop alive and well,---then what? He followed her?

I think she waved before she went to delicious deli.

I think she waved before she went to delicious deli.

I had the same question (thought I originally read she waved AFTER, but then I read that it was before....). If it was before, I think she was killed inside the store and he closed it up to go out quickly to buy some cleaning supplies or something. Hid her body in the shop all day and removed it under the cover of darkness. (I'm not following this SUPER closely though, so tell me if that does not make sense based on information that's been put on MSM)

It is on dumbarton road, it has a separate fb page if you search fb for delicious deli you should find it, it has the same profile picture. I think it might have closed though.

I wonder if he still has keys to it. Is it empty do you know?

Would be a perfect place to store a body...

Hid her body in the shop all day and removed it under the cover of darkness.

RSBM

Oh man... Can you imagine finding that out after eating anything from there that day? [emoji45]

From Google and Facebook it seems JL owned J&B's kitchen which then was renamed delicious deli at Dumbarton Rd then delicious deli opened in Fleming Ave and the original on Dumbarton closed.

I had the same question (thought I originally read she waved AFTER, but then I read that it was before....). If it was before, I think she was killed inside the store and he closed it up to go out quickly to buy some cleaning supplies or something. Hid her body in the shop all day and removed it under the cover of darkness. (I'm not following this SUPER closely though, so tell me if that does not make sense based on information that's been put on MSM)
I don't think he'd have had to leave to buy cleaning stuff, surely they'd already have anything he'd need for general health and hygiene of the Deli? Plus it was only approx 10-15 mins between her being last seen alive by 'lovely wee Ashy' and John pulling down the shutters, that's a very short time for anything to happen but ... I guess stranger things have happened!

JL court appearance tomorrow morning what happens? I'm unfamiliar with Scottish law compared to rest of the U.K. Will the charges be listed and has he the chance for a guilty plea or is it more confirming name, address and understanding of the charges?

He won't have to enter a plea yet and from what I remember, only the initial charges need to be entered. In a few months (I think when the actual trial date is set), then we should hear the full list of charges and his plea.

The stories have been removed from all the news sources because now that JL has been arrested, the case is sub judice and nothing potentially prejudicial can be printed/published in Scotland. Those of you that were here for the Karen Buckley case will remember that we were only getting news from the Irish media once Pacteau was charged.

(Hi everyone, I finally joined up after someone said the other night that the lurkers should join in.)

JL court appearance tomorrow morning what happens? I'm unfamiliar with Scottish law compared to rest of the U.K. Will the charges be listed and has he the chance for a guilty plea or is it more confirming name, address and understanding of the charges?

Im not 100% sure but I think he just goes to be presented with the charges, and he will be remanded in custody until trial.

The accused's first appearance in court

When an accused person is charged with murder or culpable homicide their first appearance in court will be in private. This is called "appearing on petition" and it will take place in the Sheriff court in the area where the crime was committed. The Judge in this court is called a Sheriff.

At this first appearance, the solicitor for the accused will usually state that the accused "makes no plea or declaration". The Procurator Fiscal (PF) will normally then ask the Sheriff to "commit the accused for further examination" and for the accused to be remanded in custody (kept in prison or a young offenders institution).

If bail is not granted at the first appearance before the Sheriff, the accused will be remanded in custody and must be brought back to court between 7 and 11 days later to be "fully committed" for trial. This hearing is also in private.

The accused's next appearance will be at a preliminary hearing in the High Court. This must be within 110 days of "full committal". The trial must begin within 140 days.

The time limits of 110 days, 140 days and 12 months can be extended by the court.

At the preliminary hearing, the prosecution and the defence will tell the Judge whether they are ready for the case to go to trial. If they are, the court will set a date for the trial. If they are not ready, the case will be "continued". Another date will then be set to find out if the prosecution and defence are ready to go to trial. The trial date will only be set once both parties are fully prepared.

Preliminary hearings are held in public.

The accused can plead guilty at the preliminary hearing.

http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2013/03/2510/6

I see no reason as to why this couldn't have happened, and as far as I am aware there's nothing been reported otherwise.

I don't know if there was any other employees there though? Or if he would risk it?

I'm leaning towards he had an arrangement to meet her, somewhere, and things turned nasty.

I really wonder how co-operative he is being. I hope he just holds his hands up and admits the whole truth and tells every detail. Would save Paige's family and his a lot of grief.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back