GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It doesn't surprise me. The "nice" guys very often turn out to be the murderers. Have followed many cases here and half the time it was the "nice" guy whom nobody suspected. My guess is they just play nice and fool everyone, including close family members and friends, often for years. Some real sickos hide behind a friendly mask. It's terrifying to think of it. jmo

I know this guy is still innocent as yet but this reminds me of what Ian Huntley did with Holly Wells dad.

'TRAGIC Paige Doherty 's grandad, Willie Munro, was comforted by deli owner Johnny Leatham after her brutal murder, it has emerged.

After the cordon was set up around the deli owner’s home on Wednesday night, Willie told a friend: “He came up to me and asked me how I was doing, same way that others have done. I never thought anything of it.”

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...-deli-owner-whose-7621306#Ql9k9OsxurMALkKh.99

I'm just catching up with this sad situation and had exactly the same thought as you about Ian Huntley.

There are similarities, no obvious motive, seems to have happened out of the blue, I wonder if JL has a history that will now become public.

Like others I can't think of a reasonable explanation of the chain of events and when Paige may have been killed.

That also brings to mind the Millie Dowler case where LB recently claimed he had kept here alive for some time after the abduction. Difficult to imagine how a spur of moment killer could hide either a live person or a body.

Very sad all round

It doesn't surprise me. The "nice" guys very often turn out to be the murderers. Have followed many cases here and half the time it was the "nice" guy whom nobody suspected. My guess is they just play nice and fool everyone, including close family members and friends, often for years. Some real sickos hide behind a friendly mask. It's terrifying to think of it. jmo
My take is that to some extent, they ARE genuinely nice decent hardworking guys but they usually have ego/self worth issues ... they're often guys who can't be faithful and even when in seemingly great settled relationships, they soon need the extra ego boost of some flirtation outside the relationship - one thing leads to another and then, especially if they're feeling pressured or panicked and feeling like their world is about to implode - they behave abnormally ...

But how would he close the shop if there was an employee working there? What would he tell her? And if there was a girl working there too then why close the shop? Why not just tell her he needed to run an errand and leave the shop open?
Exactly ... that just doesn't make sense and the place being shut for a time has been reported in MSM so we can take as fact. That's why facebook rumour isn't allowed ...

My take is that to some extent, they ARE genuinely nice decent hardworking guys but they usually have ego/self worth issues ... they're often guys who can't be faithful and even when in seemingly great settled relationships, they soon need the extra ego boost of some flirtation outside the relationship - one thing leads to another and then, especially if they're feeling pressured or panicked and feeling like their world is about to implode - they behave abnormally ...

I agree. This might very well be what happened with Paige and JL.

Info on the CCTV and a few more details ..

The Record can reveal that detectives have seized a CCTV system which could crack the case.

The video camera recorded the moment Paige arrived at Leathem’s shop, the Delicious Deli in Clydebank, at around 8.15am on Saturday to buy a roll.

It would presumably have caught Paige walking in there on Saturday morning, as she was reported to
have done.

“The critical evidence would regard whether she came out or not, and who with.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...ige-doherty-death-7625474#CHhuJRCPjBusyrr7.99

Glad to hear they have some camera footage!

Hi folks, long time lurker, then member! However, have not posted until now so bear with me!!

My husband is a police officer and has worked in this area for many years, as you can imagine, every officer involved has been totally committed to securing justice for poor Paige and her family. (I may be biased but I think they do a fantastic job)

I dont have too much I can add just now, but just wanted to say that I'm sure Police Scotland are making sure they have all their ducks in a row here and WILL get a result.

Also, on the court thing - because it's a bank holiday, the court will open tomorrow (Saturday), there will be a private 'hearing' for him and he should then be taken to Barlinnie prison (big prison on the outskirts of Glasgow) on remand, ie kept there until his next court appearance.

RIP Paige, I hope justice is swift.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to have left the cctv footage available if it implicated you in the murder. ..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You'd have to be pretty dumb to have left the cctv footage available if it implicated you in the murder. ..

Maybe it wasn't from his shop? Are there shops opposite the deli?

It wasn't cctv from the Deli itself.

"Detectives approached the owner of the Fleming Gift Shop, where the system is installed, on Monday morning after details emerged of the last known sighting of Paige."
Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...ige-doherty-death-7625474#WoUjPzMTyRPycyss.99
OK so the gift shop is the news agent type shop next to ashys. I can see fom Google that they have a cctv camera on the outside of their shop which are facing towards the parking area outside of their and Ashys shop - it may have caught area of the deli too

OK so the gift shop is the news agent type shop next to ashys. I can see fom Google that they have a cctv camera on the outside of their shop which are facing towards the parking area outside of their and Ashys shop - it may have caught area of the deli too

I thought Ashy's shop was the newsagent shop? Maybe I'm wrong. Doesn't matter much anyway.

Hi folks, long time lurker, then member! However, have not posted until now so bear with me!!

My husband is a police officer and has worked in this area for many years, as you can imagine, every officer involved has been totally committed to securing justice for poor Paige and her family. (I may be biased but I think they do a fantastic job)

I dont have too much I can add just now, but just wanted to say that I'm sure Police Scotland are making sure they have all their ducks in a row here and WILL get a result.

Also, on the court thing - because it's a bank holiday, the court will open tomorrow (Saturday), there will be a private 'hearing' for him and he should then be taken to Barlinnie prison (big prison on the outskirts of Glasgow) on remand, ie kept there until his next court appearance.

RIP Paige, I hope justice is swift.

Great post and welcome to the group..

I thought Ashy's shop was the newsagent shop? Maybe I'm wrong. Doesn't matter much anyway.
There's a news agents, then Ashys which seems to be a general store type shop and then the deli and takeaway place

Ah! Thank you sar, for clarifying!
No problem - I hadn't actually noticed the "gift shop" until it was said that was where the cctv was from. I had to Google it lol!

You'd think he'd have been aware that there was CCTV covering the front of the shops. It must have been an act committed without any thought.

You'd think he'd have been aware that there was CCTV covering the front of the shops. It must have been an act committed without any thought.

He couldn't have been thinking with his brain at all. She was going to be last seen buying a sandwich in his shop. That is troublesome for him. Then he closes his shop, at the height of breakfast sales, with no reasonable explanation. He was obviously not thinking clearly at the time. :mad:

Here is what I don't understand----she was apparently seen by the other deli owner, as she walked by and waved to him, AFTER she bought her breakfast roll next door. So she left the shop alive and well,---then what? He followed her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NH_Gal
Back