GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A man has been arrested in connection with the death of 15-year-old Paige Doherty whose body was found in a wooded area in Clydebank.

The teenager was last seen near a deli on Saturday morning after setting off for her part-time hairdressing job.

Her body was found just off Great Western Road at lunchtime on Monday.

Police Scotland said a 31-year-old man had been arrested in connection with Paige's death.

He is expected to appear at Dumbarton Sheriff Court on Saturday.

Forensic teams are still present at the scene where Paige's body was found, just off the A82 Great Western Road, at about 12:45 on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35892821

Its probably something .they just wrapped up so they could carry it out

bbm - I think she was only going to pick up her wages, not to work that day. Maybe she planned on a little shopping trip?

Now that you remind me, whatever happened to the tent in the field that was erected this morning? I'm surprised no news outlet has reported about this in more detail. What is going on??

I think it's been said both. She was expected to be at work and pick up her wages! Unsure of what!!! But also when did she work if it was not on a Saturday, concidering her age I would have expected it to be a Saturday job.

So glad there's been an arrest. Yip. Next stop court.

I think it's been said both. She was expected to be at work and pick up her wages! Unsure of what!!! But also when did she work if it was not on a Saturday, concidering her age I would have expected it to be a Saturday job.

During week days as she was no longer in full time education.

I believe hairdressers open on Sundays too in Scotland.

Sky have named him now.

James Matthews ‏@jamesmatthewsky now1 minute ago

Man arrested in connection with death of Paige Docherty is John Leatham, owner of delicatessen where she was last seen #paigedoherty

Sky have named him now.

James Matthews ‏@jamesmatthewsky now1 minute ago

Man arrested in connection with death of Paige Docherty is John Leatham, owner of delicatessen where she was last seen #paigedoherty

I have a one-word response to this:

??WHY??

:stormingmad:

Right. I hadn't thought of it being a holiday tomorrow. So Saturday then I guess.

Right. I hadn't thought of it being a holiday tomorrow. So Saturday then I guess.
No courts on Saturday in Scotland.

This has been quick work, well done Police Scotland. What the hell happened? I'm still thinking one of my theories on this could come true but I genuinely hope not for the family's sake, and that of his own family.

Yes no courts here on a Saturday and Monday's a holiday too. So I expect it'll be Tuesday.

There is a time frame though, that they have to appear in court within so many hours of being arrested. Tuesday seems too far away.

ETA - on further investigation, I appear to be wrong.

I stand corrected, never ever heard of court on Saturday although I know sheriffs can and do sign off papers and orders etc at the weekend if needed.

Maybe it's a special court because of the long weekend, I've never heard of the court opening on a Saturday though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back