GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just looking at the Court Pages - it is Dumbarton Sheriff Court and they are showing that opening days are Monday to Friday only, with tomorrow and Monday showing as Bank Holidays.

so I think Eneri and Stace you are correct

Sky have named him now.

James Matthews ‏@jamesmatthewsky now1 minute ago

Man arrested in connection with death of Paige Docherty is John Leatham, owner of delicatessen where she was last seen #paigedoherty

He's sleuthable now but his family,friends and co worker's are off limits.

He's sleuthable now but his family is off limits.

Note his name is spelled Leathem not Leatham as stated by the Sky reporter. I made that mistake last night and wondered why I found nothing ;)

This is just so so sad. Why has this poor girl lost her life?
I'm probably going to get slated for saying this, but he comes across on his FB as a likeable, hard working guy, not that murder's have a look about them. But he just seems so normal as such. He's clearly worked hard at his business to support his family, to ruin everything. I'm just really interested to see what has happened to completely shatter these 2 families.
My thoughts are obviously with the victims family, but also his. His poor wife & daughters.

Nothing very telling on his fb, he just seems a regular bloke. There is a post from 2013 where he says something about person of interest though!

His cover picture is quite eerie seeing as the Clydeside crane is lit similar tonight in memory of Paige.

Side note on that... If you look at his motorcycle club's page, it might not seem so eery. [emoji4]

I'm almost certain it will be the same old same old ... sexual motive. Either there was something happening between them (which I doubt) and she was being careless/threatened to expose it and he panicked OR the more likely story - He offered her a lift, and assaulted her, she wasn't responsive to his advances (abuse) and she reacted badly and he panicked not wanting her to expose him for that ...

I feel like I'm waving an 'I hate Adam Johnson' flag (which I do) but he's an average good looking bloke, successful, lovely fiance, new baby, 60 grand a week for kicking a ball and doing a few stretches and yet, spent months grooming a teenager and had a laptop full of teen *advertiser censored* and extreme animal *advertiser censored* ...

This is just so so sad. Why has this poor girl lost her life?
I'm probably going to get slated for saying this, but he comes across on his FB as a likeable, hard working guy, not that murder's have a look about them. But he just seems so normal as such. He's clearly worked hard at his business to support his family, to ruin everything. I'm just really interested to see what has happened to completely shatter these 2 families.
My thoughts are obviously with the victims family, but also his. His poor wife & daughters.

I thought the same thing. He looks like a popular hardworking person with a fiancee and 2 daughters he adores. I can't imagine him being a violent murderer which is naive I know. If a knife was involved, I doubt it happened away from the shop. What could drive anyone to draw attention to himself in the way he has (shutting the shop, disappearing for a time, refusing to answer simple q's etc)? I can't imagine he has offended before if he has been caught so quickly. It's all very odd and heartbreaking. His poor daughters.

I thought the same thing. He looks like a popular hardworking person with a fiancee and 2 daughters he adores. I can't imagine him being a violent murderer which is naive I know. If a knife was involved, I doubt it happened away from the shop. What could drive anyone to draw attention to himself in the way he has (shutting the shop, disappearing for a time, refusing to answer simple q's etc)? I can't imagine he has offended before if he has been caught so quickly. It's all very odd and heartbreaking. His poor daughters.

It seems to be so often the case. That they look so ordinary... hard working even. I'm thinking back to Stephen Beadman who on Facebook came across as a hard working ordinary young man who'd set up his own gardening business and ended up being charged with the violent murder of 15 year old Kayleigh Haywood. Thinking about it that's two men who had set up their own businesses who ended up being charged with murdering females. Alexander Pacteau was another who outwardly looked like a hard working young man who'd set up his own business and ended up murdering Karen Buckley.

I wonder if there is some kind of link there. Now I'm self employed too so I'm not saying that all people who set up their own businesses are more likely to murder people, but maybe its just that sociopaths are more likely to chose to work for themselves than for others (As well as all the other lovely people who are self employed lol)

It seems to be so often the case. That they look so ordinary... hard working even. I'm thinking back to Stephen Beadman who on Facebook came across as a hard working ordinary young man who'd set up his own gardening business and ended up being charged with the violent murder of 15 year old Kayleigh Haywood. Thinking about it that's two men who had set up their own businesses who ended up being charged with murdering females. Alexander Pacteau was another who outwardly looked like a hard working young man who'd set up his own business and ended up murdering Karen Buckley.

I wonder if there is some kind of link there. Now I'm self employed too so I'm not saying that all people who set up their own businesses are more likely to murder people, but maybe its just that sociopaths are more likely to chose to work for themselves than for others (As well as all the other lovely people who are self employed lol)

Interesting thoughts I agree. But then Pacteau and Beadman were by all accounts single males who were perhaps deemed a little odd by those around them. JL lived very close to his shop and presumably his fiancee and kids could have popped in at anytime. Why would he risk getting caught committing a crime so close to home?

I was thinking about Kayleigh's case earlier and how at the time I was a bit surprised it was SB because of him seemingly having his head screwed on by having his own business and cutting a good lawn! You could be right about a correlation between sociopaths and self employment.

I think it always seems a bit harder to accept that someone is a killer when they appear 'normal' without the indicators that we would normally associate with killers because it highlights the fact that you can never really know someone. Particularly in this case; as much as I've seen JL tried and convicted by the social media jury, I've also seen people in shock and proclaiming his innocence and referring to him as 'the nicest guy ever'.

Im self employed & definitely have no intentions of murdering anyone [emoji6]

Na, all jokes aside here though, it's all so sad & I feel absolutely terrible for his poor wife & daughters. & Paige's family of course. If he did do it, his poor daughters will forever be reminded that their father is a murderer.. How awful for them [emoji17]

Was it said that JL comforted a family member of Paige's after he found out that she was murdered??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im self employed & definitely have no intentions of murdering anyone [emoji6]

Jokes aside though, it's all so sad & I feel absolutely terrible for his poor wife & daughters. & for Paige's family of course.

Was it said that JL comforted a family member of Paige's after he found out that she murdered?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm self employed too! But I hope I'm not a sociopath!

Yeah I read that but only in the rumour mill, haven't yet seen it in MSM?

Actually I can see it was posted in an article in The Mirror when I google search but when I click on it, the link seems to have been removed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back