GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Horrendous for Paige's family. I am amazed that he has been granted leave to appeal.

There are legal grounds for him to appeal, a 27 year minimum sentence is actually longer than normal for someone that pleaded guilty to murder. Pacteau got 23 years for example.

There are legal grounds for him to appeal, a 27 year minimum sentence is actually longer than normal for someone that pleaded guilty to murder. Pacteau got 23 years for example.

This was on the front page of the Daily Record newspaper yesterday 24th December 2016 it is disgusting he may benefit from the sentence given to Karen's murderer.

Oh my word, stabbed 61 times in the head and neck..... that is brutal, what the hell was he thinking? And how did he manage to clean the scene up AND reopen the cafe?

Awww...diddums

Oh my word, stabbed 61 times in the head and neck..... that is brutal, what the hell was he thinking? And how did he manage to clean the scene up AND reopen the cafe?

Awww...diddums

I wanted to say something a lot less 'kind' so I stepped away. He stabbed her that many times in the head it created a hole the size of a mans fist. He needs to be terminated, end of.

WOW says ALOT when a SERIAL RAPISTS wants to punch you... I mean he does deserve it after what he did to Paige, but pot calling the kettle black much?
I thought exactly the same, the serial rapist hardly has the moral high ground!

Jesus, how ridiculous. He butchered that young lady, left her unrecognisable, why the hell should he have any leniency?!?!
I'd guess because he didn't put her loved ones through the horror of a trial and all that comes with it, plus he's of previous good character/no previous at all.

That's not to say that what he did wasn't horrific but there's been nothing to say it was planned or anything other than an instant, albeit out of reason, snap of whatever.

I'd guess because he didn't put her loved ones through the horror of a trial and all that comes with it, plus he's of previous good character/no previous at all.

That's not to say that what he did wasn't horrific but there's been nothing to say it was planned or anything other than an instant, albeit out of reason, snap of whatever.

It also says he had shown remorse, and that he had left her body somewhere it would be easily found (unlike Pacteau and his acid bath).

It also says he had shown remorse, and that he had left her body somewhere it would be easily found (unlike Pacteau and his acid bath).
Yes there's that too ... it's nothing other than horrific but, looking at it impartially, I can understand why the reduction.

After following the Ian Stewart and the truly horrific Douglas Garland trial, there much to be said for a guilty plea and a show of remorse!

Yes there's that too ... it's nothing other than horrific but, looking at it impartially, I can understand why the reduction.

After following the Ian Stewart and the truly horrific Douglas Garland trial, there much to be said for a guilty plea and a show of remorse!
Yep totally agree

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Call me callous, which I'm not just how I feel right now.

Irrelevant of a show of remorse or a guilty plea. It's not shoplifting it's murder, and an incredibly violent one at that. 85 stab wounds. 85!!! He destroyed her.

He shouldn't ever see the light of day again. 27 years is pathetic, never mind 23.

Call me callous, which I'm not just how I feel right now.

Irrelevant of a show of remorse or a guilty plea. It's not shoplifting it's murder, and an incredibly violent one at that. 85 stab wounds. 85!!! He destroyed her.

He shouldn't ever see the light of day again. 27 years is pathetic, never mind 23.

I think we're all in agreement with that, Skibs. Hopefully he won't last anywhere near that long anyway.

Not one bit surprised at the reduction. His original sentence was quite high compared to other murder convictions in Scotland.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

It says in the BBC article "a minimum" of 23 years. So could they add time to that? Under which circumstances? Will there be a review of the case/his person in 23 years or what does "a minimum" mean?

I can't help but think of his ex wife and children sometimes. How is she coping? What do you tell your little ones where daddy is? He destroyed so many hearts. Whatever got into him that day? Like he was possessed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back