Found Deceased UK - Petra Srncova, 32, senior nurse assistant, London, 28 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My question is...did she live alone?

Do we know for sure that she made it all the way back inside her flat that night after she finished her shift?

Was she expected to be back to work the dollowing day or did she have a couple of days off and hencewhy her absence wasnt questioned?

We know her last sighting but we dont know for sure exactly when things went wrong for her..:(

The reality of moving a two week old body is very grim and impractical.

I tend to think that she may have been buried in that spot under the bushes in shallow grave. Then as time went on local foxes may have uncover the body...then the kids spotted it..

Location of the discovery so close to her home may well point out to a stalker attack. Is it possible she never made it home that night after her last shift..?

Now BBC informs the body found is Petra, based on the yesterdays announcement by the Czech foreign minister.

Interesting fact is, that Czech Radio (Czech national broadcaster) withdrew the article about Petra found from its news website (probably waiting for the official identification?).

UPDATE: Body found in Camberwell park

Met Police have now updated this and specified the following:

"Officers attended and found a woman who was deceased. Her death is being treated as unexplained but initial enquiries suggest the circumstances are not suspicious. A post-mortem examination will take place is due course."

BBM

Very sad, sounds as if it could be suicide after all. I'll be glad if she was not attacked though, as sad as it still is.

UPDATE: Body found in Camberwell park

Met Police have now updated this and specified the following:

"Officers attended and found a woman who was deceased. Her death is being treated as unexplained but initial enquiries suggest the circumstances are not suspicious. A post-mortem examination will take place is due course."

BBM

Well, that tips the balance back to suicide or misadventure, doesn't it, and perhaps brings @ApparentlyInDenial's theory back into play. I guess we need to wait for PM findings now. Thanks for that update @MawaCawa.

Well, that tips the balance back to suicide or misadventure, doesn't it, and perhaps brings @ApparentlyInDenial's theory back into play. I guess we need to wait for PM findings now. Thanks for that update @MawaCawa.

It sure does, doesn't it? Ironically, back on Saturday evening I was thinking what Petra could have used the cash she had withdrawn for and I asked my partner what he thought someone could only pay for in that way even during a pandemic/lockdown and his reply (without knowing any specifics about this case) was, without any hesitation, "drugs". The thing is, whilst I understood where he was coming from with that, I couldn't picture her having such a habit AND working with children as a senior nursing assistant... but perhaps I was wrong... All speculation, of course.

Just some thoughts out loud

It's been reported the children found her in the bushes ...is it possible there is a small area in the park that's quite dense?

The tent maybe for the Forensics collection not the body position?

Did she live alone ? Could she afford to in that type of flat ??? On Google it suggests some of those flats are social housing but I've no idea what that means in relation to price in London

The police haven't done anything different here in relation to not naming her its the usual..."a body been found her family informed" so it is her but no formal ID yet

I do wonder if her drawing money out was relevant

I do wonder if a death described as unexplained could be related to substance misuse....very unlikely here but normally even if no visible sign on injury you don't end up in a park with natural causes.

Sorry long post of random thoughts

It sure does, doesn't it? Ironically, back on Saturday evening I was thinking what Petra could have used the cash she had withdrawn for and I asked my partner what he thought someone could only pay for in that way even during a pandemic/lockdown and his reply (without knowing any specifics about this case) was, without any hesitation, "drugs". The thing is, whilst I understood where he was coming from with that, I couldn't picture her having such a habit AND working with children as a senior nursing assistant... but perhaps I was wrong... All speculation, of course.

All healthcare work is stressful, never more so than at the moment, and a significant amount of self-medication goes on, involving a whole range of substances. That said, lots of people do still use cash for all sorts of things, as we speculated upthread. I don't get a druggy vibe from Petra's death myself, but that doesn't really mean anything. I also still feel that, however well concealed it may have been, a corpse would not go undiscovered for two weeks in a park used by dog walkers, even at this time of year.

JMO

Working with children so seriously ill must be super sad and heartbreaking in itself...add any other common pressure like relationship problems, money issues, loss of relative....it could have been anything that could have easily tipped her over the edge...(provided that it was self-inflicted of course)

I would like to know if colleagues noticed her being under mental strain lately or if she had a partner or room mate... anybody who could shed light onto her mental state in weeks coming up to her missing

And secondly i would like to know how.much she actually withdrew...it could have been small amount..or significant? It is well possible that she even took some medications from hospital where she worked and used it to overdose...at this stage we dont even know how she passed away :(

If she had room mate then it makes se se that she would prefer to commit self harm out of the flat..

Snipped

BBM
Holy moly!
I find it suspicious her body was there two weeks before someone noticed!
How is that possible?
Wouldn’t decomposition odor have been obvious to someone in that busy little park?
Does “initial enquiries suggest the circumstances are not suspicious” just mean there are no obvious knife or bullet wounds and no one dug a grave?

RIP Petra. My warmest condolences to her family and close ones :(

In 2015 there was a young lady, Nela Saglenova Utkina, a Czech citizen as well, missing in Finland. She had recently got married and her life seemed to be all fine (“from the outside”). However, eventually it turned out to be suicide. Her poor husband didn’t have a clue she was suffering and he was a target of public speculation, too. Petra reminded me of her.

Suicide is much more likely than foul play statistically, but it’s puzzling how she wasn’t found for two weeks. I wonder how long she has been there.

Could she perhaps have walked out of her life, and been staying somewhere, paying cash, and gone unnoticed until the publicity a few days ago?

As a general comment, I think some people see their two options as leaving everything behind in life and going missing, or death. So it’s walk away completely, or suicide. It’s also true that families and friends will insist a person who has in fact hurt themselves would “never” do such a thing. If you haven’t been to such dark places in your mind, it can be hard to understand.

If she had room mate then it makes se se that she would prefer to commit self harm out of the flat..

sbm

Most of the flats in her block are 3-bed places, iirc, so it seems likely she shared with one or two others. However, you'd then think that the alarm would have been raised by one of them, rather than her workplace 5 days later. It's possible that the arrested person was an oblivious flatmate, whose failure to notice she was gone (perhaps because of her shift patterns) aroused LE's suspicions. It would be the first we've heard of a flatmate though.

Just speculating.

Everything in London is open and you can use cash pretty much everywhere again now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back