Found Deceased UK - Petra Srncova, 32, senior nurse assistant, London, 28 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She could have got a number 12 bus straight home..l am sure they have cash points in Camberwell. Seems odd to stop there of an places.

Or the 148, as they both go pretty much directly to where she lives...but, unlike the C10, neither the 12 or the 148 have a stop in front of the hospital itself (in fact, their nearest ones are actually both seven or eight minutes away from it). If she used the hospital's ATM to withdraw some money then it is much more likely that she might have chosen to get the nearest stopping bus home (or, maybe, she walked out and, just as she was doing so, spotted the C10 stopping by and, out of convenience or tiredness, hopped right in). JMO.

There are so many reasons why she might have chosen to withdraw money from an ATM, even during a pandemic. Maybe she lives in a HMO and the landlord comes around to collect the rent and only takes cash - as this happened towards the end of the month, that could be a possibility. Perhaps she needed it to pay a coach driver to pick up a package and transport then deliver it to her family back in the Czech Republic. Christmas is just around the corner, so another strong possibility. It also really depends on the sum she withdrew...maybe it only was £10 or £20. If there's a restaurant or, even, an off licence near to where she lives in Camberwell that doesn't take cards she would need to have some money on her for when she goes there to get some food/groceries. Remember that thsi was on a Sunday evening, so most supermarkets such as Sainsbury's, Tesco, Lidl etc would have been closed by 5 PM. All MOO of course.

I lived in Camberwell until I moved 10 mins away this year. I can confirm there are shops and takeaways that don’t accept card. I often had to withdraw money to get something from a corner shop or takeaway. It may be she wanted something to eat after her shift so withdrew cash to pay for it.

In this Sky News article it says Petra withdrew money from a cash point in the Elephant and Castle area. This means she could have got on the C10 for convenience as it stops outside the hospital. Got off at Elephant and Castle, withdrew money, then got on a bus to Camberwell.

Petra Srncova: Missing woman from south London last seen on bus after withdrawing cash, police say

I think that's pretty odd. I guess she had her reasons, but I would far and away choose Waterloo over E&C for using a cashpoint, in safety terms.

I think that's pretty odd. I guess she had her reasons, but I would far and away choose Waterloo over E&C for using a cashpoint, in safety terms.

I used to live a few streets away from Petra and I’ve often had to get off and change buses in Elephant and Castle. The C10 doesn’t go to Camberwell but it does go to Elephant and Castle so it makes sense to get off there and change as there are a lot of buses from there to Camberwell.

I used to live a few streets away from Petra and I’ve often had to get off and change buses in Elephant and Castle. The C10 doesn’t go to Camberwell but it does go to Elephant and Castle so it makes sense to get off there and change as there are a lot of buses from there to Camberwell.

But wouldn't you get your cash at Waterloo first? I would, but maybe I'm just a scaredy cat. I haven't been to E&C for years but it always gave me the heebie jeebies.

But wouldn't you get your cash at Waterloo first? I would, but maybe I'm just a scaredy cat. I haven't been to E&C for years but it always gave me the heebie jeebies.

The C10 bus stops outside the hospital so she wouldn’t have been at Waterloo. There’s been a lot of redevelopment in E&C over recent years. I cycle through twice a day, get the bus there etc and it doesn’t feel unsafe.

I lived in Camberwell until I moved 10 mins away this year. I can confirm there are shops and takeaways that don’t accept card. I often had to withdraw money to get something from a corner shop or takeaway. It may be she wanted something to eat after her shift so withdrew cash to pay for it.

Absolutely, and that's the case for many parts of London - I personally live up North at the moment and know that whenever I fancy eating anything that Uber Eats or Deliveroo don't deliver (or I simply would rather go there myself rather than pay their hefty delivery fees) I ought to have cash on me. Same with most off licences; sure, you get the one off that takes both cash and card payments (with a minimum spend for the latter, of course) but for each one of those there are at least ten others that don't.

From what I can see on google streetview there doesn't seem to be any cashpoints between where she would get off the bus and walk the final distance to her home, so it seems more understandable now that she stopped off to use the cashpoint at Elephant and Castle.

I wonder if she had plans to be off work that week, because it seems strange to me that her colleagues would have left it a week to report her missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixilove
Back