Found Deceased UK - Petra Srncova, 32, senior nurse assistant, London, 28 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In this Sky News article it says Petra withdrew money from a cash point in the Elephant and Castle area. This means she could have got on the C10 for convenience as it stops outside the hospital. Got off at Elephant and Castle, withdrew money, then got on a bus to Camberwell.

Petra Srncova: Missing woman from south London last seen on bus after withdrawing cash, police say

From what I've noticed a lot of the articles covering this case can't seem to agree on the exact moment when (and place where) she used the ATM to withdraw the money she needed. Some state she first got the cash then got on the bus, others say that it was the other way around and she actually withdrew the money once she got to Elephant and Castle. Either way I personally believe that the C10 would be our safest bet.

ETA: Accounts seem to differ bewhen it comes to the last sighting of Petra as well. Most articles state that this was at 8:22 PM but are a bit vague when it comes to whether this was on the bus or in and around the Camberwell area whilst others are adamant it was the latter.

Are we feeling that this is probably not a missing enquiry anymore? Or do people still feel it could go either way?

I wondered at first if all the changing buses might have ended with her and her big backpack hopping on a 36 back towards Victoria and getting on a transeuropean coach to the Czech Republic, to shake off a stalker or violent boyfriend, for instance. But with no sign of her there and forensic officers at her flat, I feel any hope of that kind of scenario is slim at this point. :(

I'd be interested to know where the consensus lies.

I think that's pretty odd. I guess she had her reasons, but I would far and away choose Waterloo over E&C for using a cashpoint, in safety terms.
She may well have known both areas well, and therefore felt ok getting money out at E&C (as safe as a woman/person can feel withdrawing money). It's very likely that she may have just gotten on first bus going in her direction due to tiredness and cold. Just my opinion.

Are we feeling that this is probably not a missing enquiry anymore? Or do people still feel it could go either way?

I wondered at first if all the changing buses might have ended with her and her big backpack hopping on a 36 back towards Victoria and getting on a transeuropean coach to the Czech Republic, to shake off a stalker or violent boyfriend, for instance. But with no sign of her there and forensic officers at her flat, I feel any hope of that kind of scenario is slim at this point. :(

I think there's going to be a sad outcome, unfortunately.

AFAIK we don't know it was a 'big' backpack. The reports just said backpack so I'd assumed a normal size that people use for a day bag. Petra would need uniform, food etc for a shift so she'd need a fair amount of room.

Forensics at her flat seems to rule out a happy ending unfortunately.

From what I can see on google streetview there doesn't seem to be any cashpoints between where she would get off the bus and walk the final distance to her home, so it seems more understandable now that she stopped off to use the cashpoint at Elephant and Castle.

I wonder if she had plans to be off work that week, because it seems strange to me that her colleagues would have left it a week to report her missing.
It could be strange, but she may have had a couple of days off, then missed a shift, or she might not be that close to colleagues so they might have, for example, not gotten concerned until she didn't reply to or read a couple of texts, turn up for a shift etc. If she hadn't turned up for a shift the NHS trust would have a procedure but it might not be to let the police for a certain period. I guess they would try to contact Petra, then her NOK as a first step.

Czech Police database of missing persons information on Petra.

ETA translation:

Srncová Petra
missing woman

DOB 5 December 1989
Missing since 7 December 2021 (that means international search started)
Permanent stay: district of Uherské Hradiště (eastern part of CZ)
Dangerous NO
Armed NO
Infectious disease NO
Nationality: Czech Republic
Height approx 168 cm
Looks 30-34 years old

Description:
Built - slim
Hair - brown and straight
Eyes - brown

Last edited:
AFAIK we don't know it was a 'big' backpack. The reports just said backpack so I'd assumed a normal size that people use for a day bag. Petra would need uniform, food etc for a shift so she'd need a fair amount of room.

You're right. I was envisaging something bulkier than that but I can't remember whether I read that somewhere or just inferred it. It was just the combination of a backpack, getting cash out and a slightly indirect route that made me think there could be something different going on. I'm playing devil's advocate really; I'm expecting a bad outcome too tbh.

You're right. I was envisaging something bulkier than that but I can't remember whether I read that somewhere or just inferred it. It was just the combination of a backpack, getting cash out and a slightly indirect route that made me think there could be something different going on. I'm playing devil's advocate really; I'm expecting a bad outcome too tbh.
Re a backpack
Does she really need to carry a uniform and food to work?

I think there is a canteen for workers in the hospital.
And a uniform should be issued fresh every day by hospital too.

Re a backpack

I'd have thought she'd wear scrubs and change back into her own clothes before leaving, yes. There is a canteen but sandwiches from home might be cheaper. Going to the canteen also supposes that you have time to take a break.

JMO

Re a backpack

Yes, nurses would have to clean their own uniforms and usually you have to change at work, i.e. not wear your uniform to work for hygiene etc. The NHS would provide scrubs clean each day, but not nursing uniforms. Yes there would be a canteen, but most nurses, and many other NHS staff wouldn't be able to afford to eat there everyday due to cost. It's very common for a range of workers to take a regular sized (A4) backpack to work for personal items, food, etc. I've never worked as a nurse but have always taken a bag this size to work with food, extra layers in winter etc in, and for shopping after work etc.

I'd have thought she'd wear scrubs and change back into her own clothes before leaving, yes. There is a canteen but sandwiches from home might be cheaper. Going to the canteen also supposes that you have time to take a break.

JMO
She'd only wear scrubs if in an operating theatre. Reports say she is a senior nurse, so she would wear a uniform, which she would have to wash etc.

A man arrested in connection with the disappearance of a missing children's hospital worker has been released by police, the Met has said.

Police have not yet released details about what the man was arrested on suspicion of - but confirmed he has now been bailed pending further inquiries.

[...]

She is thought to have left work at 19:45 GMT and withdrew money from a cashpoint, before getting on a bus towards Elephant and Castle.

She then changed to a bus going towards Camberwell.

Petra Srncova: Man bailed as search for missing hospital worker continues

She'd only wear scrubs if in an operating theatre. Reports say she is a senior nurse, so she would wear a uniform, which she would have to wash etc.

She's a senior nursing assistant, which to me means an HCA. Scrubs are commonly worn by all types of hospital-based HCPs in my experience, and if anything I would have thought Covid would make that even more the case, if staff are potentially having to change completely whenever someone tests positive unexpectedly.

Sadly I agree.

She's a senior nursing assistant, which to me means an HCA. Scrubs are commonly worn by all types of hospital-based HCPs in my experience, and if anything I would have thought Covid would make that even more the case, if staff are potentially having to change completely whenever someone tests positive unexpectedly.
I've only ever seen HCA's in uniforms (similar to nurses but a different colour). Either way, it's very normal to take a bag to work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaoskap
Back