UK police say terror plot thwarted.Planes from United Kingdom to America

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Way back in this thread some of us were talking about 9-11 and dingo was trying to find a picture to share with everyone...Dingo took the time to call her local paper and they sent her a copy of it! Thanks Dingo, for sharing this with us.

rooandeagle.jpg

that cartoon makes me want to cry :(

Is that the US Eagle the one is holding?

christine2448 said:
Way back in this thread some of us were talking about 9-11 and dingo was trying to find a picture to share with everyone...Dingo took the time to call her local paper and they sent her a copy of it! Thanks Dingo, for sharing this with us.

rooandeagle.jpg
Thanks Dingo! That keeps it all in perspective!

christine2448 said:

rooandeagle.jpg
Thanks Christine.....that is so moving.....and great the news let it go on here.
(Christine was your beautiful boys picture on here, how cute, saw that yesterday) Sunday

Details said:
The idea behind waiting and watching, rather than arresting the terrorists is to find more terrorists. Now all the terrorists that didn't call in have just been warned the police know about them, they can hide, and be ready to reform up, without the spy. Maybe this time some nice Muslim won't notice them and report them to the police, and they'll succeed! Much better to surveil for awhile, and get the whole group, rather than what - 20 out of 50?

But for safety - you are far more at risk from a gang member, random criminal, or car accident than you are from any terrorist. They're evil and awful, but their only true weapon and only true impact is, as the name suggests, terror. They do kill some, but it's really a small number, as a percent. The terror they try to instill is the real damage they do.
I can really agree with your first paragraph.
But, the second......"they do kill some, a small percent"...."the terror instilled is the real damage"......
My mind sees the towers coming down floor by floor. People leaping from 101 floors. One floor onto another down, down, down, into a rubble pile and smoke.
Lots of people lost lives that day, in the buildings, in the planes, and on a heros' plane in Shanksville, Pa. They instilled terror ........and they took lives.
Something like that, or simular, or even not simular, has to never happen again. After 9/11 there was a poll that said "80% of Americans would give up some of their freedoms for security" ......I think Americans forget too soon. I bet a poll now would be possiably, just guessing but, under 50% might feel that way now. We must always remember 9/11 and what can happen if we sleep on our issues. Terror isn't just terror.....it can be real lives lost.

Sundayrain said:
I can really agree with your first paragraph.
But, the second......"they do kill some, a small percent"...."the terror instilled is the real damage"......
My mind sees the towers coming down floor by floor. People leaping from 101 floors. One floor onto another down, down, down, into a rubble pile and smoke.
Lots of people lost lives that day, in the buildings, in the planes, and on a heros' plane in Shanksville, Pa. They instilled terror ........and they took lives.
Something like that, or simular, or even not simular, has to never happen again. After 9/11 there was a poll that said "80% of Americans would give up some of their freedoms for security" ......I think Americans forget too soon. I bet a poll now would be possiably, just guessing but, under 50% might feel that way now. We must always remember 9/11 and what can happen if we sleep on our issues. Terror isn't just terror.....it can be real lives lost.
They took lives - but even on that horrible year, more Americans died from plain criminal murder - let alone car accidents and heart disease, etc. Responding to this part of your post
America needs to protect our own people at all cost. As we have always done......Isn't anyone truthfully worried about being safe anymore. Forget, who did this and that, at this time or that time...... Bottom line.....we have to stay on top of all of this ,and forget the politics.
- to protect our own people, we should prioritize appropriately, worry about being safe recognizing what the greatest risks are to your safety. And the politics are important - it's not just two different methods of attacking terrorism that will both work, it's the question of what, if anything will work! And that some methods of going after terrorism will instead cause more terrorism, rather than less - and people on either side believe honestly that the other side's method will cause more terrorism. It's not 'mere' politics, there are real choices, real differences in position, between a whole bunch of people who honestly think they have the answer and the other side is wrong. Responding to the terror, to think about where you can and cannot go because of how attractive a terrorist might find it is a reasonable emotional response, but when you wipe that out, and look at the real threats to your own well being - there are so many worse threats! The terrorist's power is in terror, things that aren't really unsafe that you don't do because you are afraid, and the economic and psychological/morale damage that does.

Details said:
They took lives - but even on that horrible year, more Americans died from plain criminal murder - let alone car accidents and heart disease, etc. .
Yeah, but the indvidual killers and diseases didn't design it so that it would all happen on one day in front of dozens of cameras in the media center of the world so everyone could see it and experience it at the same time as it happened.

And thanks Dingo for wanting to share it with us, and of course to you Christine for posting it. What a picture. What a thought.

Scandi

christine2448 said:

rooandeagle.jpg

That is a heartwrenching, yet very heartwarming portrayal, at least from my perspective. I love it! Thanks Dingo for providing it, and Christine for posting it!

BillyGoatGruff said:
Yeah, but the indvidual killers and diseases didn't design it so that it would all happen on one day in front of dozens of cameras in the media center of the world so everyone could see it and experience it at the same time as it happened.
amen, Billy. :clap:

christine2448 said:

rooandeagle.jpg
Hi Dingo,:)
I appreciate the fact that you took the time to contact your newspaper and have them send it to you.
Hi Christine,:)
Thank-you so much for posting the picture.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

dingo said:
Thankyou Christine for posting the pic:eek:

Thank you so much dingo for going to all the trouble of getting the picture we were talking about! It warms my heart to know America has such good friends as the Australians among many other countries. Many thanks to Christine also for posting the picture for us.

Attachments

• rooandeagle.jpg
    rooandeagle.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 25
I too got chills from that picture and thanks to Dingo and Christine (you rock!). I was so touched by the Australian support during those horrible days following 9/11. Go Aussies!

Lilsister....your post is very much appreciated...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back