UK - Prince Andrew accused of underage sexual relationship, 1999 - 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again her boyfriend at the time said she didnt want to go to London but that she wanted the money to keep up their high standard of living. Her decision seemed based on money also what does Carolynn mean when she said she believed her story at the time? doesnt she now?

Interesting thought. Sometimes people are known to brag about conquests that didn't actually happen too believing it will boost their status etc.

I'll be watching this civil trial. A mere photo with someone famous isn't going to do it IMO. Curious for the US folks on here, during a civil trial does the accuser also have to go on the stand under oath?

I believe that would depend on the statute of limitations for the original crimes. It was reported that VG had to file the civil suit against GM because the statute of limitations had passed for a criminal charge, so that was her only option to get a deposition from her. That deposition then led GM to be charged criminally because she lied. I don’t know if that’s why she filed the civil suit against Andrew too. Maybe she felt she had no other option to try to hold him accountable. And maybe the civil suit will lead to a criminal charge for his lies too, once he’s forced to testify under oath, which he’s trying his hardest not to do. MOO.

When you say hes forced to testify under oath...he doesnt actually have to go there I thought? Somehow I dont think they want to prosecute Andrew in a criminal court based on this action considering they didnt have VG as a witness in the Maxwell trial. I actually thought she would have been a star witness but..no

When you say hes forced to testify under oath...he doesnt actually have to go there I thought? Somehow I dont think they want to prosecute Andrew in a criminal court based on this action considering they didnt have VG as a witness in the Maxwell trial. I actually thought she would have been a star witness but..no

I'm wondering this too; do defendants have to show up to civil trials or just their legal team?

MOO: VRG would've overshadowed the GM trial if called as a witness.

Im really curious how both cases - VR/G against PA and GM trial - will finish.
Now, they are in limbo.

When is the judge expected to make a decision on whether the case goes to trial or not?

I was referring to the civil suit VG filed against GM, which resulted in GM being deposed, under oath. Jeffrey Epstein Update: Read The Deposition That Ghislaine Maxwell Fought To Hide

If VG’s civil suit against PA is permitted to proceed, I would think he will be deposed under oath also. MOO.

"A deposition in the law of the United States, or examination for discovery in the law of Canada, involves the taking of sworn, out-of-court oral testimony of a witness that may be reduced to a written transcript for later use in court or for discovery purposes." Wikipedia

I was referring to the civil suit VG filed against GM, which resulted in GM being deposed, under oath. Jeffrey Epstein Update: Read The Deposition That Ghislaine Maxwell Fought To Hide

If VG’s civil suit against PA is permitted to proceed, I would think he will be deposed under oath also. MOO.

"A deposition in the law of the United States, or examination for discovery in the law of Canada, involves the taking of sworn, out-of-court oral testimony of a witness that may be reduced to a written transcript for later use in court or for discovery purposes." Wikipedia

I obviously know what a deposition is but...apparently he can just ignore it all though...although you would think that would go against him

I obviously know what a deposition is but...apparently he can just ignore it all though...although you would think that would go against him

I don’t understand what you’re saying. How can “he just ignore it all though” if the civil case gets approval to proceed?

Link appreciated! I thought you were joking!

BBC - same news, from a different source, if anybody's interested.

eta:

like i said hes only really ever been in to one woman. His current wife.!

??? Aren't PA and Fergie divorced?

eta: So the judge is allowing the lawsuit to go to trial? It involves 3 alleged incidents, 1 in London, UK, 1 in NYC, USA, and 1 in the VI, USA, all when VRG was 17. Under American federal sexual trafficking law, 17 is considered a minor in America. Onus is on VRG to prove her version?

Last edited:
JOSH RUSSELL

@jruss_jruss

·
2m

SDNY Judge Kaplan denies Prince Andrew’s motion to dismiss Giuffre civil lawsuit on his argument that a 2009 settlement with Jeffrey Epstein released him from liability as a “potential defendant”

FI6JKezWYAIRXFY

OPINION re: 30 MOTION to Dismiss or in the Alternative for a More Definitive Statement filed by Prince Andrew. For the foregoing reasons, defendant's motion to dismiss the complaint or for a more definite statement is denied in all respects. Given the Court's limited task of ruling on this motion, nothing in this opinion or previously in these proceedings properly may be construed as indicating a view with respect to the truth of the charges or countercharges or as to the intention of the partiesin entering into the 2009 Agreement. SO ORDERED. (Signed by Judge Lewis A. Kaplan on 1/11/2022) (mml) (Entered: 01/12/2022)

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.564713/gov.uscourts.nysd.564713.64.0.pdf

Dr Craig Barker, dean of the School of Law and Social Sciences at London’s South Bank University and a recognized global expert on the fraught question of diplomatic immunity, told The Daily Beast that the legal carve-out would not apply to Andrew, in his opinion, as he is not a head of state or senior government official.

The closely allied exemption of “state immunity” would also not apply because it specifically only exempts officials who break local laws in foreign countries while carrying out official acts, and “messing around with a young girl is not an official act.”

Barker said: “I don’t think it’s relevant, there is no immunity question.” He added that there would be no reason to think that Andrew’s private assets would be any harder for the American authorities to seize than any other individual, but said that if the judgement sought to be enforced against “his mother’s assets, or the royal estate, then you might get into a situation where immunity could be an issue.”

Prince Andrew Fights to Ensure He Never Has His Day in Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member