UK - Prince Andrew accused of underage sexual relationship, 1999 - 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an intriguing question.....If Maxwell releases names of predators, facilitators and victim ages, locations of crimes, approx. dates of crimes. And... If others are charged and convicted of crimes, maybe PA will be forced to appear in court in US. As is, PA is charged in a civil, not criminal case. I think the worst that will happen to him is settlement. JMO...anyone else?

What an intriguing question.....If Maxwell releases names of predators, facilitators and victim ages, locations of crimes, approx. dates of crimes. And... If others are charged and convicted of crimes, maybe PA will be forced to appear in court in US. As is, PA is charged in a civil, not criminal case. I think the worst that will happen to him is settlement. JMO...anyone else?
The worst has already happened:
Infamy, being ridiculed, shame and loss of respect.

Last edited:
I’m so impressed by Virginia Giuffre’s determination to hold these abusers accountable for their actions.

Epstein - check!

Maxwell - check!

I bet somebody is sweating now!

Epstein - check!
Maxwell - Check!

I'm not so sure he's sweating.

Waiting anxiously to watch this civil suit go down.

No answered my query earlier ... Is VG required to testify at a civil suit? Can she be questioned under oath by PAs attorneys?

Glad, at least, to see VG all these years doing well physically, mentally, financially, emotionally and life-wise well after such abuse and grooming she suffered.

I actually feel much, much, much worse for those victims of GM and JE who didn't make out so well in any of these areas and sure can't say the same. Curiously - re-victimized IMO.

Last edited:
Epstein - check!
Maxwell - Check!

I'm not so sure he's sweating.

Waiting anxiously to watch this civil suit go down.

No answered my query earlier ... Is VG required to testify at a civil suit? Can she be questioned under oath by PAs attorneys?

Glad, at least, to see VG all these years doing well physically, mentally, financially, emotionally and life-wise after such abuse and grooming she suffered.

I actually feel much, much, much worse for those victims of GM and JE who didn't make out so well in any of these areas and sure can't say the same. Curiously - re-victimized IMO.
Virginia was very lucky to meet a marvellous man who became her husband.
They created a happy family - it is her strength.
A real man, honourable and loving.

Virginia was very lucky to meet a marvellous man who became her husband.
They created a happy family - it is her strength.
A real man, honourable and loving.

Absolutely and truly good for her.

I only wish the other victims could have made out so well to see all their traffickers held to account. It's got to be quite the kick in the bosom to them so to speak.

Absolutely and truly good for her.

I only wish the other victims could have made out so well to see all their traffickers held to account. It's got to be quite the kick in the bosom to them so to speak.

BBM

Jeffrey Epstein Victims Fund Paid Out Almost $125 Million After Shocking Influx Of Claims

A fund created by the estate of Jeffrey Epstein to compensate victims of the disgraced financier is shuttering its operations after paying $121 million to about people, the fund’s administrator announced Monday, noting that it received more than double the claims initially expected.
The fund said in a press release it received 225 applications from alleged victims from the U.S. and abroad, a number that “far exceeded the original expectations that 100 claims would be filed.”

Of the applicants, 150 were deemed eligible for compensation, which was funded by sales of Epstein’s real estate and financial assets, and more than 92% accepted the offers.

Roughly 75 claimants were turned away (but can still seek legal remedy against the state), and while declining to explain why those claims were rejected, Feldman said the fund put “a lot of weight on meetings with claimants” as “sex abuse doesn’t lend itself to heavy documentary evidence.”

$800,000
. That’s about the average payout the 150 alleged victims received, according to Forbes’ calculations.

CONTRA
Taking money from the fund required alleged victims to sign broad releases ceding their ability to bring further claims against the Epstein estate, his former companies or employees. “In at least three instances, women who filed lawsuits against Epstein’s alleged accomplice, Ghislaine Maxwell, were required to drop their civil claims against her as a condition of receiving compensation from the program,” reported ABC News. As a result, some women turned down offers from the program in order to pursue civil litigation.

IMO requiring the victims to drop civil claims against Maxwell is interesting and insulting and victimizing them again.

I think Andrew will settle besides the potential evidence showing it more likely happened than not as Andrew has a large credibility problem. There are hundreds of news articles regarding Andrew's questionable business associates, using taxpayer funded transportation to fly to other locations to play golf and other non business related activities, staying in luxury hotels, etc. As the son of the Queen of England and UK Trade and Investments Representative and a 40 t0 50 year old retired Navy Officer during the timeframe in question his credibility and integrity is held to a much higher standard than that of a former 17 year old victim of sex trafficking trying to remember every detail 1 to 2 decades later.

Will the settlement out of Court be the admission of guilt?

Prince Andrew Has Three Options. He Loses Whatever He Does.

The case can now proceed. Andrew essentially has three options: settle, fight the case, or scoff at the law from behind palace walls.

Although Giuffre’s lawyer David Boies has previously said that his client is not pursuing the case for financial reasons, and wants Andrew held to account rather than a pay-off, the practical pressure to accept such an offer would be considerable. The law specifies that if Andrew made a substantial offer, Giuffre would have to accept it or risk being hit with millions of dollars of legal fees if she were awarded a lesser amount.

But even if Andrew wanted to pay to settle out of court, there are question marks over whether he could afford to do that.

".......…..................."

Option two,

fighting the case all the way to the bitter end, is probably a deeply unappealing prospect to Andrew.

As Giuffre’s lawyer David Boies told The Daily Beast Wednesday, the case proceeding would mean that, “Prince Andrew will give evidence.” At first this would be in the form of a deposition. But the truth is that being deposed about his sex life is unlikely to be high on Andrew’s list of New Year’s resolutions for 2022.

And if he goes through the embarrassment and expense of the case and then loses (and it hardly seems likely Andrew will find much sympathy among a group of New York jurors) he still has the problem of finding the money to settle the judgement.

This leaves the intriguing third option

in which Andrew sticks two fingers up to the New York courts and simply stops taking any further calls from Judge Lewis Kaplan or his representatives.

No-one in Andrew’s camp is ready to talk, for now, about this nuclear option of withdrawing co-operation and refusing to participate in the case any further. This would result in a so-called “default judgement” against him.

".............................."

Will the settlement outside the Court be the admission of guilt?

More to admitting that if the case were to go to trial, there is a high risk of the jury returning judgement that more likely than not the sexual assault happened. Which I imagine would make him liable for an amount greater than he could settle for.

I think Andrew will settle besides the potential evidence showing it more likely happened than not as Andrew has a large credibility problem. There are hundreds of news articles regarding Andrew's questionable business associates, using taxpayer funded transportation to fly to other locations to play golf and other non business related activities, staying in luxury hotels, etc. As the son of the Queen of England and UK Trade and Investments Representative and a 40 t0 50 year old retired Navy Officer during the timeframe in question his credibility and integrity is held to a much higher standard than that of a former 17 year old victim of sex trafficking trying to remember every detail 1 to 2 decades later.

I think he will have to settle as well. I think this could open other doors to other shady things Andrew may have been involved in of a financial nature, going back years.

All MOO

The only real way Prince Andrew can clear his name is with a court victory – but it is a high-stakes gamble

Unlike having the case thrown out on a legal technicality, or indeed settling out of court for an “undisclosed sum”, the only real way the Duke can have any hope of clearing his name is with a court victory.

Of course, it is a high stakes gamble, not least when the burden of proof in civil cases is on a balance of probabilities. Ms Giuffre will only have to prove that the Duke “probably” assaulted her, whereas the Duke faces an uphill battle to prove the negative that he didn’t – not least when there appears at present to be no evidence to back up his claim that he was eating pizza on the London night in question in March 2001, let alone his “peculiar medical condition”.

There has already been talk of his ex-wife, the Duchess of York, being called to give evidence, along with their eldest daughter Princess Beatrice, in a bid to corroborate his Pizza Express alibi.

Yet since he and his legal team have long claimed Ms Giuffre’s “money hungry” testimony is full of holes, now is their chance to call her bluff in open court. Although a photograph exists of Ghislaine Maxwell’s flat in London, what evidence has she actually got that she even met the Duke in New York or the Caribbean?

The obvious pitfall of such an aggressive strategy is that, in the aftermath of the #MeToo movement, the Duke ends up being branded a victim-blamer on top of everything else.

But with his reputation already shot to pieces, it is arguably a risk worth taking.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

According to US sex trafficking laws - a victim under the age of 18 is not guilty of recruiting because - wait for it - she is a victim of sex trafficking ! She was manipulated - coerced - groomed to be sex trafficked and to recruit others. It doesn’t matter if she said yes to sex the first time or the last time as a sex trafficked victim under the age of 18 - she is a minor and cannot give consent. It doesn’t matter if she was paid or drugged or consented because Andrew is a Prince - according to law she is a minor and cannot consent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member