GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to continue to do my best not to draw any conclusions. I've learned through other threads that demeanor is absolutely no predictor of guilt or innocence. I'm waiting to see what forensics the police come up with.

I'm going to continue to do my best not to draw any conclusions. I've learned through other threads that demeanor is absolutely no predictor of guilt or innocence. I'm waiting to see what forensics the police come up with.

Same. I remember when Jo Yeates went missing and the media said it was the landlord when it actually wasn't...that poor man's life was ruined.
My mum's friend's husband works high up in the police dealing with children/teenager situations and he said that police ALWAYS know far more than we ever know. They are probably miles ahead but they can't release any info until everything is set in stone.

I've just read DG's sisters post aimed at trolls and while I can see how some people may interpret it, I get what she means by "other half" to a lot of people your 'other half' is your partner but I have 4 children whom I love equally and infinitely and as a divorced parent who even when married I did the child rearing bit mainly on my own, I'm very very close to my children but my eldest has been very ill and hasn't left my side for the last 2 years and she is like the other half of me, I'd feel like half of me was missing if anything happened to any of my children ...

They do seem to be a very close extended family and while I have my doubts about family involvement I hope to goodness they're unfounded for the sake of his family ...

They aren't just sticking pins in a map to decide where to search. Something is pointing them towards all these places. Phone pings maybe? Whatever it is, they know far more than they are letting on.

They aren't just sticking pins in a map to decide where to search. Something is pointing them towards all these places. Phone pings maybe? Whatever it is, they know far more than they are letting on.
Aside from tho boyfriends house and family home, which you would expect them to search, the other areas have all been local areas of land/lake etc.... after searching the homes these would be the next logical places to search. .for me anyway

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-16-disappeared-brother-s-20th-birthday.html

Bit more info from mom summarised here:

# Becky went missing 3 hours after she returned home (so she got home about 8am?!)

# Mom confused why she would leave the house without arranging to meet up with friends as per normal

#confused how no one saw her leave

#confused how it is known she took her phone and laptop when no one saw her leave

#Becky has lived with dad for last 13 years

Just caught up with the last 24 hours on here as I've seen nothing shared/posted elsewhere. :(

I really hoped we'd hear some more by now. I'm still highly suspicious, but trying to reign my thoughts and theories in because I know things aren't always as odd as they may seem.

Hi

This is my first post - have been waiting for moderators to accept me so apologies if I'm behind the times.

I was going to comment about the police knowing lots more than they are letting on but that has now already been said. I feel that they will know whether or not Becky actually stayed with a friend on the Wedneday night. Just because nobody has come out in the media to verify it, doesn't mean they haven't been to the police, or am I missing something?

I agree, your maps are great skibaboo.

I can see the searched areas correlate with the towers, but I don't know much about triangulation of signals. Can you elaborate on what you are seeing in the comparison of the two maps?

Apologies if I get anything wrong etiquette wise as I'm new here...but that's a very clever map and comparison you've made. Are there loads of towers in the area or am I confused? The places they've searched tally with towers right?

There are a lot of towers yes, but it's difficult as the towers all belong to different phone providers, as we don't know what provider Becky used I can't check. But I do feel it could very well be that the search is focused on the area around those towers in the middle. It could be that the last phone ping triangulates in that area. Does that make sense?

And thanks for the compliment :blushing:

Oh and of course :welcome: to WS :)

:wagon: Welcome, MrsTed and MissGhost!! :wagon:

You are right, we have zero info compared to the police. I think suspicions are aroused because they have released nothing at all in favour of the family, nothing has been confirmed which might stop the public speculating the family are involved.

MissGhost you will see that Skibaboo is one of our finest mapologists :)

Anyway, I'm off to bed and really hoping for some news in the morning!

Hello! Long time lurker, but never posted before.

Before I'd even read the posts on here, I was suspicious of what had happened... it just seems a little odd.

However, something that caught my attention was that she had been going to her mum's recently to get her pocket money. Could she have been saving this cash to run away with? If she'd got say, £20 a week, that would add up quite quickly. Though I suppose somebody would have spotted her at the train or bus station.

Regarding her phone charger being left behind, could she have had more than one? Smart phone batteries are awful, could she have carried a spare or kept one elsewhere? The cables can be picked up in Poundland, and I have one in at least three houses that I visit frequently. Is her phone definitely off, or has the SIM been changed? I'm not sure how iPhones work with tracking.

Dying her hair red and leaving the makeup behind, could this be an act of camouflage? Most of the released pics have her with lots of makeup and dark hair. With bright red hair and no make up, she could look very different. When did she dye her hair, is this out of character? And why no selfies of her new hairstyle on facebook?

I think I remember her grandma begging for her to return and offering for her to come and stay for as long as possible, this seems an odd comment, unless her home life wasn't great?

Sorry for the long ramble, just getting some thoughts and hypothetical questions out. Hope I haven't broken any rules either!

Hello! Long time lurker, but never posted before.

Before I'd even read the posts on here, I was suspicious of what had happened... it just seems a little odd.

However, something that caught my attention was that she had been going to her mum's recently to get her pocket money. Could she have been saving this cash to run away with? If she'd got say, £20 a week, that would add up quite quickly. Though I suppose somebody would have spotted her at the train or bus station.

Regarding her phone charger being left behind, could she have had more than one? Smart phone batteries are awful, could she have carried a spare or kept one elsewhere? The cables can be picked up in Poundland, and I have one in at least three houses that I visit frequently. Is her phone definitely off, or has the SIM been changed? I'm not sure how iPhones work with tracking.

Dying her hair red and leaving the makeup behind, could this be an act of camouflage? Most of the released pics have her with lots of makeup and dark hair. With bright red hair and no make up, she could look very different. When did she dye her hair, is this out of character? And why no selfies of her new hairstyle on facebook?

I think I remember her grandma begging for her to return and offering for her to come and stay for as long as possible, this seems an odd comment, unless her home life wasn't great? Sorry for the long ramble, just getting some thoughts and hypothetical questions out. Hope I haven't broken any rules either!

:wagon:
Welcome Flutterby! Great post! I agree that the remark by Grandma is revealing....
Tried to go back through the thread...where is bio Mom? Is she still living?

I'm sorry if I missed it, but how do we know she dyed her hair?

rosesfromangels Yes she is, there's an interview here http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Missin...s-mum-breaks/story-26089933-detail/story.html

I've just found a transcript of the police appeal I was thinking of

Dad Darren said: “Becky, we just want you to come home. You are in no trouble at all – we just want to make sure you are ok. We all love you and want you back home with us.”

Grandmother Pat Watts said: “Becky, we love you so much. You are so loved – I don’t think you realise just how much. You can come and stay at mine for as long as you need.”

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Missin...tory-26089075-detail/story.html#ixzz3T0ACa5K5
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member