GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are strong indications of foul play. For one, LE wouldn't be searching outdoors with dogs if they thought this was a runaway situation. But for the sake of thoroughness, let's say Rebecca ran away. First, what at home would compel her to do so? Second, who would she be staying with? Would the BFF and BF be helping her behind the scenes? Again, *highly* unlikely, but worth a moments thought.

I photoshopped this overlay of skibaboo's maps. Hope it helps. Thanks for the great maps, skibaboo! Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 8.24.31 PM.png

Edit: Oops, cut off part of the side. Here's a better one.

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 8.25.53 PM.png

There are strong indications of foul play. For one, LE wouldn't be searching outdoors with dogs if they thought this was a runaway situation. But for the sake of thoroughness, let's say Rebecca ran away. First, what at home would compel her to do so? Second, who would she be staying with? Would the BFF and BF be helping her behind the scenes? Again, *highly* unlikely, but worth a moments thought.

Hmm,

I don't think anything at home would have to necessarily compel her to run away. When I ran away as a kid (about her age actually) it was because I wanted my own rules and I thought a boy that I had met online was super cute so I was going to marry him. I was a stupid kid though. My home life was fine for the most part. My friend's helped me (and eventually turned me in, police picked me off of a bus going across the country). My bf was in the dark about my secret online boyfriend. If she ran away she could have met with someone from the online world. I was often targeted by men online that would say anything to try and get "with" me and I was naive to think what I heard was true. I was such an idiot. I would imagine that if this was the case her phone would have some sort of record of texts/calls/whatsapp (or whatever kids use for data messaging). She would probably have a history of sending photos. I was the type of kid to make it look like I didn't take anything with me, buy extra things I needed. We didn't have cellphones back then though. Seeing as she is too shy to pay for things I don't see it likely that she would set-up something like a runaway on her own. Friends tend to talk if they are pressured and they see the serious aspect to it. I don't know. It seems like if it wasn't something with the family then it would have been a predator/stalker or someone else close to her. Just my own impression from how it has been talked about with her personality.

WELCOME. To

Mrs Ted....Miss Ghost.......Flutterby......

:welcome6:

Family appears to be expressing love and concern, as if Rebecca might not believe how much she is loved or concerned about. Also former classmate speaks of other students who were mean to Rebecca at school, and the classmate was glad she was always nice to her. Maybe she was depressed? We do not have enough information about her relations with friends and her boyfriend. Is she in high school? Was she making plans for college? Authorities obviously know more and perhaps she harmed herself.. I hope I am wrong.

Family appears to be expressing love and concern, as if Rebecca might not believe how much she is loved or concerned about. Also former classmate speaks of other students who were mean to Rebecca at school, and the classmate was glad she was always nice to her. Maybe she was depressed? We do not have enough information about her relations with friends and her boyfriend. Is she in high school? Was she making plans for college? Authorities obviously know more and perhaps she harmed herself.. I hope I am wrong.

Must admit, that made me think there were problems at home, arguments etc and the comment was telling Rebecca that despite the fact she wasn't getting on with her dad/stepmum, they did love her and she didn't realise how much. I wasn't reading it as Rebecca being depressed as she didn't think she was loved, more that there were problems in the family home. The comment that Rebecca could live with her gran for as long as she wanted, just added to that. Just my opinion though.

I think the comment about problems at school and people being mean to her might have been based from the past, as she had a steady boyfriend, a best friend who she was always hanging around with (mum commented that Rebecca always brought her BFF with her every visit) and apparently she was out a lot with friends. She was attending college to redo her GCSE's.

I think sometimes we can get a wrong impression of someone if those people who are close to her now aren't speaking to the press (maybe told not to) so the press have to find people with less of a connection, and the information may be based on some years past and not reflect the situation now.

This is my personal opinion at the moment, mostly due to the quote from the friend.

I find all the speculation about the dad horrible.

Evening folks :)

A reminder to all...

WS (Websleuths) is a victim and family friendly site. We don't allow sleuthing of the family and we don't allow derogatory comments about them either.

We also don't allow discussions about facebook comments as we class them as rumours....ie...rumours aren't allowed.

You can however, paraphrase a comment but you must include the link.

If anyone has any questions please send a PM (private message) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. PM's are located top right of the page under the tab "Notifications".

Also adding in a link to our rules which all members are required to abide by....

Rules Etiquette & Information

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

I'm sorry if I missed it, but how do we know she dyed her hair?

..."Rebecca is described as a white girl, aged 16, about 5ft 4ins of slim build with long reddish hair (hair is slightly different colour from that in the picture)."...

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/features/findbecky/

...Police described Becky as 'striking', and said she is white, around 5ft 4ins tall and of slim build, with 'noticeable' long, bright red hair, which has only been dyed recently and recent photographs of the teenager do not reflect this change...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-nearly-week-police-search-ground-clues.html

BBC News

Missing Rebecca Watts' family in new Bristol search

Some 150 friends and family of Rebecca Watts, missing for over a week, have gathered in Bristol to look for her.
It comes as police continue to search a lake in St George's Park and say the operation could be extended to nearby lakes and rivers.

[...]

Daily Mail

Family 'positive' on missing Becky

.....The family of missing 16-year-old Rebecca Watts have said they are "keeping positive" about the prospect of being reunited with the teenager.
John Galsworthy, Becky's paternal grandfather, said the family were trying to remain strong as the search intensifies.

He was speaking as more than 100 people gathered in the Fishponds area of Bristol in an attempt to shine a light on the teenager's mysterious disappearance.

Mr Galsworthy said: "We are broadening the search. There are groups separate to ours who are going out using their own initiative, going wherever necessary to try and find her.....

:wagon: Welcome, MrsTed and MissGhost!! :wagon:

You are right, we have zero info compared to the police. I think suspicions are aroused because they have released nothing at all in favour of the family, nothing has been confirmed which might stop the public speculating the family are involved.

MissGhost you will see that Skibaboo is one of our finest mapologists :)

Anyway, I'm off to bed and really hoping for some news in the morning!

Thinking about it, it has been very quiet with regards to her boyfriend too. If she really did send the text(s) making plans to meet up later, then he is a very important person in this. By that I am NOT pointing the finger at him, but if there was a specific time she had arranged to meet him, and didn't turn up, then it gives a clearer idea of exactly when she went missing, or stopped keeping to plans made.

I can't remember a case where so little was given to the public in terms of information. Nothing released to say what she was wearing (apart from possibly a coat), and still no recent photo of how she looks now - so its very difficult for the public to know who to look out for.

If she arrived home at 8.00am and was seen by her stepmother, then surely she could say what Rebecca was wearing at that time. If those clothes are missing from the house, then surely that is what she is likely to be wearing? If they were put in the laundry, then what else is missing? I know reports say that nothing was taken apart from phone, laptop and tablet - but she didn't leave naked, so surely they have some idea of what clothes and shoes/boots/trainers aren't in the house? And surely a friend or her boyfriend has a recent photo of her? Or her FB profile would have one. Teenagers take and share photos all the time, so surely one was taken to show off the new hair colour.

I hope the family aren't involved - because its the lack of police comments clearing them and the lack of police confirmation that she definitely left the house, that are helping to form my opinions as to what might have happened. If others nearer the location feel that way, then surely it might stop people looking out for her, or reporting suspicions, if they believe their information must have no relevance to the case. The police must have a very good reason for not clearing up people's suspicions.

I know all cases are different but it makes me wonder when police allow the public to search, just going by my friend who is still missing, the police wouldn't allow family to organize a search as the public could compromise the police searches, such as trample down tracks or displace evidence. I believe with the Mikaeel Kular case the police allowed the public to search as they knew very early on he did not simply walk out the door on his own. JMO

Wasn't the Tia Sharpe case similar in so far as a lack of info released?

Thinking about it, it has been very quiet with regards to her boyfriend too. If she really did send the text(s) making plans to meet up later, then he is a very important person in this. By that I am NOT pointing the finger at him, but if there was a specific time she had arranged to meet him, and didn't turn up, then it gives a clearer idea of exactly when she went missing, or stopped keeping to plans made.

I can't remember a case where so little was given to the public in terms of information. Nothing released to say what she was wearing (apart from possibly a coat), and still no recent photo of how she looks now - so its very difficult for the public to know who to look out for.

If she arrived home at 8.00am and was seen by her stepmother, then surely she could say what Rebecca was wearing at that time. If those clothes are missing from the house, then surely that is what she is likely to be wearing? If they were put in the laundry, then what else is missing? I know reports say that nothing was taken apart from phone, laptop and tablet - but she didn't leave naked, so surely they have some idea of what clothes and shoes/boots/trainers aren't in the house? And surely a friend or her boyfriend has a recent photo of her? Or her FB profile would have one. Teenagers take and share photos all the time, so surely one was taken to show off the new hair colour.

I hope the family aren't involved - because its the lack of police comments clearing them and the lack of police confirmation that she definitely left the house, that are helping to form my opinions as to what might have happened. If others nearer the location feel that way, then surely it might stop people looking out for her, or reporting suspicions, if they believe their information must have no relevance to the case. The police must have a very good reason for not clearing up people's suspicions.

I agree re the lack of info that has been given out, it does tend to colour the way I look at this situation.

With regard to the clothing - if I remember rightly, her StepMother said that RW came home ( 8am as you said ) and had a shower, so am surmising that would mean a change of clothes. So, if Stepmother then spoke with RW again before she departed, circa 10.30am, then possibly RW was wearing the change of clothes at that time, so why cant this description be released. Unless, of course, RW was still in her robe and had not got dressed after the shower.

Re the photo, it is strange that there are none of RW with red hair, unless it was a very recent colour change - as in one day before and the only pics are on RWs phone.

I know all cases are different but it makes me wonder when police allow the public to search, just going by my friend who is still missing, the police wouldn't allow family to organize a search as the public could compromise the police searches, such as trample down tracks or displace evidence. I believe with the Mikaeel Kular case the police allowed the public to search as they knew very early on he did not simply walk out the door on his own. JMO

I have also found that strange - the police so often ask the public NOT to search and actively encourage them to keep away from the search areas....
the silence on certain points must surely be directing peoples's thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon