GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood it to mean the arrested were from St. George.

No, that's not what it means. They are giving no information yet on the identities of the arrested people. It's usual to give age and gender, but they haven't even disclosed that.

Are the police actually doing public press statements? Every statement I have seen is from the family.

I don't think any details have been given. This is probably a misinterpretation of the police statement:

Detective Superintendent Liz Tunks, heading up the investigation team, said: "This afternoon we have arrested two people in connection with the disappearance of Becky Watts on Thursday 19 February from the St George area of Bristol."

She means that Becky disappeared from St George.

A quote from the uncle in the Daily Mail suggests the two arrested are from the St George area:

"Her uncle Joe Galsworthy - who arranged public searches on Wednesday and today - said the family were still hoping to find her 'safe and well'.
The only thing we know about the arrests is that they were made in St George. We don't know who or why they arrested them."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-16-year-old-fears-continue-grow-safety.html

It's good to see movement in the case. I am so worried about Rebecca.

Why would it be a coincidence to find the laptop in the park the family searched? I would imagine if the family had anything to do with it at all they would avoid sending a search team to find evidence that could potentially have fingerprints and such.

I am glad to see these searches but I hate what it means for Rebecca's chances. I don't want to lose hope for her to be alive.

No, that's not what it means. They are giving no information yet on the identities of the arrested people. It's usual to give age and gender, but they haven't even disclosed that.
The lacks of commas, and just plain bad grammar, makes it easy to interpret it either way. Thanks.

A quote from the uncle in the Daily Mail suggests the two arrested are from the St George area:

"Her uncle Joe Galsworthy - who arranged public searches on Wednesday and today - said the family were still hoping to find her 'safe and well'.
The only thing we know about the arrests is that they were made in St George. We don't know who or why they arrested them."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-16-year-old-fears-continue-grow-safety.html

Again, even if the arrests were made in St George, it doesn't necessarily follow that the people are from there.

The lacks of commas, and just plain bad grammar, makes it easy to interpret it either way. Thanks.

Look at it this way. The police statement says:

"This afternoon we have arrested two people in connection with the disappearance of Becky Watts on Thursday 19 February from the St George area of Bristol."

If they were saying that the suspects are from St George, it would say:

"This afternoon we have arrested two people from the St George area of Bristol in connection with the disappearance of Becky Watts on Thursday 19 February."

There's a comment on facebook on a family members facebook that would suggest it isn't a family member that's been arrested at least on the paternal side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member