GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Why would this be something he was concerned about when he was arrested?

If you don't pay, you can be fined or even sent to prison. So, if they'd been watching BBC but hadn't paid for a licence, they'd be breaking the law.

So SH is being forced into a mode of behaviour that she didn't like in order to get cigarette money. This confirms that money was extremely tight in their household. Yet SH didn't question why NM was spending so much money on clingfilm, tape, cleaning products and DIY equipment? Didn't occur to her.

Ah but he said yesterday (paraphrasing here) he put one mask on but the fumes were coming through so he put another mask over the top

Maybe he was having a no make up day that day. But seriously, even if he wears concealer under his eyes, the masks normally cover mouth and nose so unless it was at the very top of the nose near the eyes it shouldn't get on the mask. Also SH's DNA was on one mask, though yes it could've transfered.

She said the amount of DNA found on the mask suggested it was worn by Hoare but the possibility the DNA had "travelled" from another item cannot be ruled out
.http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/dna-evidence-doesnt-prove-becky-10297203

its illegal to watch BBC without a licence. goodness knows why he mentioned it though at that time.

It's illegal to watch any channel, I wish they offered an opt out of BBC and pay nowt option though.

Maybe he was having a no make up day that day. But seriously, even if he wears concealer under his eyes, the masks normally cover mouth and nose so unless it was at the very top of the nose near the eyes it shouldn't get on the mask. Also SH's DNA was on one mask, though yes it could've transfered.

.http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/dna-evidence-doesnt-prove-becky-10297203

I know - I was being flippant, sorry. It's just another load of rubbish to explain away unwanted evidence imo

If you don't pay, you can be fined or even sent to prison. So, if they'd been watching BBC but hadn't paid for a licence, they'd be breaking the law.

So he's being arrested in connection with BW's disappearance but he's worried about getting in trouble for illegally watching TV? What the hay, that's beyond strange!

So, far after all the evidence, it seems like nothing really has moved on ... to me at least. And the big questions still haven't been answered. And, for me, some big questions haven't been asked.

NM's story is still ridiculous and his description of how he attacked Becky just doesn't make sense and contains contradictions (handcuffs on her, but handcuffs in bag for example). Would he really have overpowered her by taping her mouth, leaving her arms and legs free to fight back with? Would she really comply and start climbing into a suitcase and calmly let him handcuff her? Would he really knock at her door and speak to her - thus alerting her to someone about to come in?

He is still admitting he killed Becky, yet his story can easily be picked apart. So, although he is admitting to killing her, I don't think he is coming close to telling the truth as to what really happened, and why.

SH's story is still unbelievable, although she does have an answer for everything- although little things are coming out as contradictions (like not sending the kidnap texts and being home when sawing was being done, when NM says she wasn't).

His apparent Fibro which causes such pain and discomfort, was miraculously nowhere in sight when he managed to fight, murder, carry and dispose of a person over a number of days.

To me, the big question is: what really did happen at Becky's house that day and why? What did NM do that was so bad, his awful description of punching, handcuffing and smothering Becky is a better story than what really happened? He has clearly admitted he killed Becky, so what has he got to lose by actually telling the court what really happened?

He seems to be able to answer all sorts of questions, openly (his *advertiser censored* use, interest in teenage girls, relationship issues ect) and does seem quite ready to answer them - yet I still feel he is holding back on the actual details of the events at Becky's house.

And does anyone believe 100% that SH hadn't noticed a single thing during those days that might have indicated that something weird was happening right under her nose?

I don't believe for a second that SH had no idea at all. I just do not buy that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I can see why he is doing this. He thinks he is sparing the family hearing of an even worse ordeal that Becky went through (so he has justified it to himself) and he thinks he is saving Shauna's bacon too, and he's going for a lesser plea in terms of manslaughter to save himself.

Trouble comes when the jury doesn't believe any of it, the sentence has to be harsher for not admitting the truth, and then the family never gets closure because nothing's been admitted and the killers have continued their deceit and not honoured the family in any way, they end up hurting them more in fact.

I feel that in some way he thinks it makes this heinous crime look better in that it wasn't his intention to harm her. I don't believe it for a second and imo this was all carefully planned, with SH's full involvement.

Moo

I can see why he is doing this. He thinks he is sparing the family hearing of an even worse ordeal that Becky went through (so he has justified it to himself) and he thinks he is saving Shauna's bacon too.

Trouble comes when the jury doesn't believe any of it, the sentence has to be harsher for not admitting the truth, and then the family never gets closure because nothing's been admitted and the killers have continued their deceit and not honoured the family in any way.

Any ideas as to what this might be?

I can only assume SH's involvement, and something happening to Becky prior to being killed, as that's the only thing that would make sense to me. I always assumed it was a sexual assault crime that went wrong, but with no evidence of sexual assault, its hard to say now. However, I'm not sure if evidence on her skin, for example, would have been lost if the drain cleaner really had been used on her?

I've just remembered something, which is probably totally irrelevant - but I'm sure when this first came into the news, there was a barrel type object removed from the house (will look for photos). I wonder if any cleaning of Becky's body was done at the house before she was put in the boot?

ETA found the article with photo:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-worst-as-police-search-house-and-garden.html

This article even mentions a large drum being removed. Interesting to see photos of the large hunt for Becky carried out by the community - the hunt that SH claimed she hadn't heard anything about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-16-year-old-fears-continue-grow-safety.html

I feel that in some way he thinks it makes this heinous crime look better in that it wasn't his intention to harm her. I don't believe it for a second and imo this was all carefully planned, with SH's full involvement.

Moo

Precisely.

If SH wasn't involved why take her with you?

Why risk SH discovering what he was doing?

If it really was his plan to scare her, it would make far more sense to do it on his own. If it went wrong and Becky tried to tell anyone he could just deny it. Would not be hard for him to discredit a young teenage girl. With nobody to witness the attack it would simply come down to she said, he said.

In my view there was no risk of discovery because SH already knew.

In my view he took SH with him because he needed her help.

Moo

I do believe it wasn't his/their intention to murder her though... at that point in time anyway.

Although the plan might have been to "just" kidnap Becky (to teach her a lesson or for other sexual reasons) I can't see how else he/they were then going to get away with kidnapping her without her knowing it was him/them, other than to silence her permanently. Possibly they/he just hadn't thought that far ahead.

Tortoise and Jenniebee ...... I agree with both of you. In some odd, sick way, NM thinks he is being kind to his family by sparing them the real details of what he ( and SH ) got up to that day.
He also thinks he is saving SH and being some kind of wonderful guy by taking all the blame. I imagine he even thinks his family will acknowledge and appreciate his thoughtfulness in taking the blame for SH.

I think the irony of all this is, if ( and I sincerely hope it does not happen ) SH gets off free or with a short sentence, then I doubt she will spend the rest of her days visiting NM during his ( hopefully) many many years in prison. I expect she will move on with her life and leave him to rot.

Any ideas as to what this might be?

I can only assume SH's involvement, and something happening to Becky prior to being killed, as that's the only thing that would make sense to me. I always assumed it was a sexual assault crime that went wrong, but with no evidence of sexual assault, its hard to say now. However, I'm not sure if evidence on her skin, for example, would have been lost if the drain cleaner really had been used on her?

Two things re the lack of sexual assault. If it was a kidnap gone wrong then although a sexual assault was planned, her dying might have stopped it happening. Also remember NM is also charged with voyeurism (not involving Becky) which implies he may get sexually aroused just from looking alone. Might even be that Becky caught him watching her too and he panicked when she confronted him, killed her and made up the whole kidnap story.

I do believe it wasn't his/their intention to murder her though... at that point in time anyway.

Although the plan might have been to "just" kidnap Becky (to teach her a lesson or for other sexual reasons) I can't see how else he/they were then going to get away with kidnapping her without her knowing it was him/them, other than to silence her permanently. Possibly they/he just hadn't thought that far ahead.
I believe there was no intent to murder her at the time of the botched abduction.

The only question is what were they going to do with her once they got her away from the house.

If the plan was to take her back to their house, then surely she would have instantly recognised her surroundings.

Even if the failed attempt to 'knock her out' had worked, Becky would have been covered from head to toe in bruises etc. There would still have been forensic evidence of the abduction. If they released her, even after a few days she could have gone directly to a Police station and reported the abduction.

Sadly I think her murder was inevitable once this idiotic plan was put into action.

Tortoise and Jenniebee ...... I agree with both of you. In some odd, sick way, NM thinks he is being kind to his family by sparing them the real details of what he ( and SH ) got up to that day.
He also thinks he is saving SH and being some kind of wonderful guy by taking all the blame. I imagine he even thinks his family will acknowledge and appreciate his thoughtfulness in taking the blame for SH.

I think the irony of all this is, if ( and I sincerely hope it does not happen ) SH gets off free or with a short sentence, then I doubt she will spend the rest of her days visiting NM during his ( hopefully) many many years in prison. I expect she will move on with her life and leave him to rot.

Yes she might just get the escape from him she dreamed of. Reminds me of that film somebody mentioned where a girl got her boyfriend involved in killing her parents and he ended up going down while she walked free with a smirk on her face. Apologies can't remember who mentioned the film or what it was called

I believe there was no intent to murder her at the time of the botched abduction.

The only question is what were they going to do with her once they got her away from the house.

If the plan was to take her back to their house, then surely she would have instantly recognised her surroundings.

Even if the failed attempt to 'knock her out' had worked, Becky would have been covered from head to toe in bruises etc. There would still have been forensic evidence of the abduction. If they released her, even after a few days she could have gone directly to a Police station and reported the abduction.

Sadly I think her murder was inevitable once this idiotic plan was put into action.

We're on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member