GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
talking of which - there is an interesting * spot * on the Asda shopping video that has been noted by someone.....watch the check out bit, and SHs arms and sleeves.

OMG! I had to watch it three times, as the first time I was watching Nathan's sleeves, but *yes*. She pushes her cardigan sleeves down over her hands when she picks the bags up out of NM's way (he is scanning and packing). So she will not leave fingerprints or DNA.

Watch it if you haven't yet: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ims-used-dream-psycho-boyfriend-dump-her.html

This is another nail in her coffin, IMO. I presume the police have noticed this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just trying to catch up today but don't really have time to read through everything unfortunately. I read the UK & Eire Facebook updates yesterday so I am more or less up to speed about what has happened in court.

Could someone explain to me why 'we know that SH was involved for sure' (paraphrasing another member, sorry I can't remember who said it) - I was under the impression that although improbable and highly unlikely, it is not impossible that she knew nothing of the murder.

The law is black and white - if she knew after the fact and kept it from the police, for any length of time, then she should be punished for that. However I do think there could be mitigating factors which could go towards reducing her sentence if this is what they decide. Was she scared of NM? Did he threaten her if she did find out? Was she terrified of her daughter and unborn twins being taken from her? If she has been lying all this time then that is clearly a mistake, but I personally at the very least believe she was not part of any plot to harm Becky. I think she is genuinely horrified by what NM has done.

Unlike others, I don't find her behaviour in the interviews suspicious. How do we really know how we would react to the enormity of such a situation? Probably with shock. It probably wouldn't seem real or sink in immediately to be able to come to terms with it and show real emotions. She may have felt like she HAS to feign upset in those interviews, as it would be more suspicious not to.

A couple of years ago one of my best friends lost her mother to suicide. She was the one who found her, hanging in her bedroom. I'm sure you'll all agree that is a horrendously traumatic thing for a 24 year old to go through. But her reaction to it was not what I would ever have expected. I did not see or hear her cry about it once - not even at the funeral. And she was very close to her mother. To everyone outside she seemed to be incredibly strong, to the point of unfeeling. She has told me since that the whole thing, the emotion and the loss and anger, none of that hit her until after the funeral. She felt guilty about it - she told me she'd actually felt as if she had to fake the emotion at points because it was what people expected of her, and she felt like there was something wrong with her - but that it all just felt like a terrible dream until she had time to grieve.

Imagine finding out that your boyfriend, the father of your kids, the only person you really had in life had done this to someone, to you, and having to sit through hour after hour of probing interviews. I for one have no idea how I would cope with that.
I agree with you.

My mum died suddenly and unexpectedly from a massive brain hemorrhage - I cried SO much that family members were asking drs if I needed to be sedated! But on the day of her funeral - I was, I don't even know how to describe it- off my trolley is maybe something I was told by someone later - I almost went into party hostess mode, making sure everything was right and passing tissues to other people and I didn't cry once! In fact I laughed a few times. I tripped after getting my heel caught going out and nearly face planted the hearse, then I tripped over a traffic cone getting out at the church and then nearly went face first over a sticky out bit on a pew! I just kept laughing and saying "I'm sure my Mother is trying to tell me I shouldn't have worn these shoes" ... I'd also been the only one of my siblings to go and see her the night before the funeral and I just kept saying "it's okay, she's fine, she looks fine"

The Human brain is a complicated thing and doesn't always react how you expect or think it should. As much as anyone here may think THEY would know what was going on in her situation, with a complete lack of solid evidence from the prosecution I don't think Shauna should be found guilty but even if found not guilty, even if despite what anyone thinks she didn't have any part in it, she has a life sentence anyway, losing Nathan, her babies and the Tabloid Readers and Bristol Post commenters all calling for her to be hung and worse.

Dont want to requote all your post - but my take is still that it was done in the loft - we were told the loft was floor to ceiling with bags - I would love to know how much of a forensic check was done in there - NM did confess only 2 days after the house search began and if they were told the bathroom was the scene of the dismemberment, then they would have rightly concentrated their resources at that spot.

NM would say it was the bathroom because it is believable that he could have done it on his own there.
If he said it was the loft, there is no way he could have got a body up there on his own. They only had a step ladder to get into the loft. He is quite short and, if we believe all his medical statements, he is not in the best of health and would have needed assistance.

I dont buy SHs story about using a bucket for days - which conflicts anyway with NMs statement that he did all the work required on the Friday afternoon whilst SH was at his mother's house ( despite not having the cling film to hand until the Saturday )

talking of which - there is an interesting * spot * on the Asda shopping video that has been noted by someone.....watch the check out bit, and SHs arms and sleeves.

Its hard to see, but looks like she is covering up her hands with her sleeves in order not to leave fingerprints - is that what you mean? It look like she touches the bags, but who could prove which bags were used on that particular day anyway. Its the actual items she appears to be making sure she doesn't touch.

And I agree with you re the loft. I've never believed the bathroom was the main place they used,as I've never heard of a crime scene for a dismemberment having NO evidence whatsoever.

She pulls them down over her hands before touching the items/bags

Just watched it and she definitely touches them with her hands as well. I must admit I always hold my sleeves like that (sort of over my hands), especially when I'm wearing cardigans. I'm just always cold :p

OMG! I had to watch it three times, as the first time I was watching Nathan's sleeves, but *yes*. She pushes her cardigan sleeves down over her hands when she picks the bags up out of NM's way (he is scanning and packing). So she will not leave fingerprints or DNA.

Watch it if you haven't yet: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ims-used-dream-psycho-boyfriend-dump-her.html

This is another nail in her coffin, IMO. I presume the police have noticed this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I didnt notice it at all when I originally looked at the video,,, was only after someone mentioned it, and I had to watch it closely to see.

It seems like she is avoiding touching the items themselves but is ok with touching the bags.

She pulls them down over her hands before touching the items/bags

It's her bare hands holding the handles when she puts them in the trolley. They're just long sleeves, that's how I prefer my jumpers and cardis too.

It seems like she is avoiding touching the items themselves but is ok with touching the bags.

Yes because how could anyone prove which carrier bag was from that particular day? They were free of charge at that time, so nothing to identify one generic bag from another. The cleaning items, though, would have specific bar codes which could be matched up to that particular purchase.

Dont want to requote all your post - but my take is still that it was done in the loft - we were told the loft was floor to ceiling with bags - I would love to know how much of a forensic check was done in there - NM did confess only 2 days after the house search began and if they were told the bathroom was the scene of the dismemberment, then they would have rightly concentrated their resources at that spot.

NM would say it was the bathroom because it is believable that he could have done it on his own there.
If he said it was the loft, there is no way he could have got a body up there on his own. They only had a step ladder to get into the loft. He is quite short and, if we believe all his medical statements, he is not in the best of health and would have needed assistance.

I dont buy SHs story about using a bucket for days - which conflicts anyway with NMs statement that he did all the work required on the Friday afternoon whilst SH was at his mother's house ( despite not having the cling film to hand until the Saturday )

Good point! May be here the key for the mistery. We all feel that a big piece of the puzzlle is lacking...

Of course if it was on the loft they couldn't admit it because it would turn completely impossible for NM to have done it alone. Even as it is I just consider it impossible, let alone if it was in the loft.

But, against this we have the idea that the forensics had to be in the loft and have a good go there.

We can't Forget that in their sick 'jokes' by phone messages they always referred to 'take a girl and hide her in the attic'...

Ohhh wasn't it so good that NM today was able to finally tell the truth once and for all?! :gaah:

Also reported by ITV

"Matthews told the jury that Hoare once told him of a plan in her childhood to kidnap a boy to scare him, so he would not run away from home."

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2015-10-28/becky-watts-trial-matthews-describes-his-kidnap-plan/
I wonder was this even true or was it a story concocted by the pair to make themselves look good. NM claims he was going to kidnap BW to "save" his mum from her and SH was going to kidnap this boy to "save" him too.

If they did make it up it was pretty stupid to do so as it shows previous intent to kidnap.

If you look at the CCTV images of when she walks into the shop, she is holding her sleeves over her hands there as well. Could just be force of habit. Unfortunately the clip of them packing bags is only 29 seconds long, difficult to really tell whether she doesn't touch anything at all after that.

She also pulls her sleeves in the interviews. It looks habitual to me. I do the same.

Is anyone posting the tweets? I'm in and out all day so would be useless at it.

I'm at work atm and in and out of meetings so I can't today...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Is anyone posting the tweets? I'm in and out all day so would be useless at it.

I can't do this morning but can pick it up this afternoon. If someone does post, please can we do the short versions? Full screen tweets take a huge amount of screen space and take ages to load. TIA

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 7m7 minutes ago
Matthews admits he could have put the 'kidnap kit' together in front of Hoare, but says it wouldn't have looked odd

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 6m6 minutes ago
NM says it would have been his 'normal behaviour' to put/have suitcases in the boot

NM says going over to his mother's Wed/Thurs/Fri was not unusual - although he didn't do a lot to help on either Thurs or Fri

'Although I had the plan [to kidnap], I didn't 100% think I was going to go through with it' NM tells the court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3