GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict one of the two arrested will talk with the agreement of some leniency in exchange for Becky's location. I think there will be swift resolution. Prayers continued. So very very sad.

Not sure they can offer any leniency, as we don't have the death penalty over here. Anyone found guilty of murder will get an automatic life sentence. Maybe the sentencing judge can make a recommendation for fewer years served, but that doesn't seem fair to me. If you kill someone, you shouldn't be able to bargain years off your sentence. JMO.

A 28 year old and a 21 year old would not like to be imprisoned for life. Room for negotiation? Reduced sentence?

Don't know about anyone else but I feel SO bad for doubting Dad's tears now :(

I feel bad too. I still can't believe the police didn't say anything to take the heat off the family if they knew early on. I don't think the family was suspicious of these people as the police surely would have searched the two houses before saturday, I wonder how the police came to the conclusion that she was kidnapped by this man and woman?

Motive motive motive-what was the motive........of a detaining/kidnapping and subsequent killing of a 16 year old adolescent

A 28 year old and a 21 year old would not like to be imprisoned for life. Room for negotiation? Reduced sentence?

Life doesn't mean a whole life sentence usually in the UK, it's sad as less than 50 cases of whole life sentences are currently being served.

Depends on the kind of people they are . I know some people the same age who wouldnt bat an eyelid for doing serious time if they felt the crime was justified

Don't know about anyone else but I feel SO bad for doubting Dad's tears now :(

Don't feel bad you are here posting and sharing because you care no other reason. Doubts are normal and there was never any trashing here just questions. Questions help to rule people out. You care enough to be here respectfully questioning and you should concentrate on that.

Have to agree here. Missing murdered 16 year old and it's not a top story?
I wonder if Becky did any babysitting. I'm all over the place with this from someone she knew (I think most likely), to random even to a hate crime and then all the stuff in rochdale.

I think it's because there is so little info, usually it would be rolling constantly, especially now things have stepped up a gear. If they keep repeating the same stuff over and over people will just change channel, I don't think it's about Becky not being a priority at all. Tia Sharp, April Jones, Sarah and Jessica, Sarah Payne etc were rolling constantly but info was changing every couple of hours, lots of people were talking, everybody seemed to want to get their face on camera, this has been very different. I actually only heard about it yesterday and I usually keep very up to date with stories like this.

#FindBecky ‏@FindBeckyWatts 31s31 seconds ago
Rumours that a body has been found in the case for missing Rebecca Watts are untrue. Please refer to @ASPolice for updates #FindBecky

https://twitter.com/FindBeckyWatts

I feel bad too. I still can't believe the police didn't say anything to take the heat off the family if they knew early on. I don't think the family was suspicious of these people as the police surely would have searched the two houses before saturday, I wonder how the police came to the conclusion that she was kidnapped by this man and woman?

Most likely her online activity
And/or, her BFF knew something. I can't imagine her not telling her BFF that (guessing) she's been talking to a really cute young guy online that she was going to go and meet. This is a typical setup for a naïve young woman by these online predators. They think they are talking to a 16 year old and it's a 30 year old creeper, or worse.

There are currently 190 users browsing this thread. (45 members and 145 guests) Welcome guests!

Here's the latest sprawling Mail effort, with article, pics, video, timeline, etc. etc.:

Man, 28, and woman, 21, are arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering missing teenager Becky Watts

⁍ Becky Watts, 16, from Bristol, vanished from her home on February 19
⁍ Man and woman arrested on suspicion of kidnapping teen on Saturday
⁍ They were further arrested on suspicion of murder this afternoon
⁍ Police have been given an extra 36 hours to question the pair
⁍ Officers have searched four houses, including family home
⁍ Police search of home opposite Becky's boyfriend's house in Barton Hill
⁍ Neighbours say garden of home in Southmead has been dug up by police
⁍ Police removed Vauxhall car parked outside Southmead house on Saturday
⁍ Anyone who saw car since time Becky vanished urged to come forward
⁍ Father says Becky's disappearance is 'absolute hell on earth nightmare'

#FindBecky ‏@FindBeckyWatts 31s31 seconds ago
Rumours that a body has been found in the case for missing Rebecca Watts are untrue. Please refer to @ASPolice for updates #FindBecky

https://twitter.com/FindBeckyWatts

People that interfere with an ongoing investigation by distracting and diverting precious resources with this trolling, should be PROSECUTED

I wondered if they were present at the house on Thursday morning?

Rebecca Watts case to be featured on Crimewatch at 9pm tonight on BBC1, for those in UK.

People that interfere with an ongoing investigation by distracting and diverting precious resources with this trolling, should be PROSECUTED

Some people are undoubtedly trolling, but I think a lot of people genuinely believe that the arrests for murder mean that a body must have been found, and their assumptions are getting passed on as fact in good faith.

For those not in the UK Crimewatch is usually appeals and reconstructions of crimes that happened months or even years ago, to have such a recent case on it is a very bad sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx