GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I don't have facebook, can someone give me the gist please?

I can't believe the police have a FB page that hasn't had comments disabled. Are they that new to social media?

Most police forces I've seen allow comments on their facebook pages. My local force, Police Scotland Glasgow Division just seem to get a lot of hate unfortunately.

As I don't have facebook, can someone give me the gist please?

All RUMOURS I must stress. People saying that family member posted that a body had been found, police saying that this is not true.
Someone else said who they had heard had been arrested, police made no comment on this. Don't think I can post who they said because it's a rumour.

These days the term step-brother is used very loosely - just the son of a girlfriend/boyfriend for example. In the school where I work, children constantly refer to stepbrothers and sisters, when in reality they mean the children of their Dad's girlfriend, or Mum's boyfriends - and often a very new relationship.

MOO.

Remember Tia Sharpe's "step grandfather" was, in reality, just her grandma's boyfriend.
Not speaking about this case directly but I've know a few people, especially younger people who also get confused between step and half siblings ...

I can't believe the police have a FB page that hasn't had comments disabled. Are they that new to social media?

They probably don't want to limit the avenues for tips to come in. As you can see, they are monitoring closely. Tons of rubbish being posted, but there might be a nugget of gold in there.

Replying to my own quote! Just looked at the site and I'm pretty sure the police are trying to gather evidence/catch people out via the comments page. I should have more respect

I know this is slightly OT, but I find the 'Thanks' option a bit limiting, i.e. there's quite a difference between acknowledging that someone has provided information you wouldn't otherwise be aware of, versus someone posting something you agree with, versus someone acknowledging something you've posted yourself! I'm wary of suggesting anything divisive - I've been on a number of forums and always come back to WS as it's so friendly, supportive and genuinely feels like a community of like-minded individuals - but it would be good to have more options to respond to posts. Anyone feel the same?

I see what you are saying. For me, I take care of that by replying to the post. Could you imagine three buttons on the bottom to click on? What if you wanted to click only two? One "thanks" button keeps it simple, IMO.

If these two are not family relations or "friends", then I'm going to suggest that Becky may not be the "only" victim. I'm thinking back to the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka case that we had here in Canada quite some time ago. A couple of similar ages kidnapped teenagers, held them captive for their own sick use, videotaped the whole thing and then killed them. I am just getting that weird feeling that this may end up being worse than we imagine.

Poor Becky. What a terrible outcome and it's not over yet.

I really really *really* hope you're wrong :( I don't think Canadians will ever recover from that case.

Interesting that he says from their side of the family.. Maybe I'm just reading into it.

Reading a statement, sitting beside Becky's grandfather John and step-grandmother Denise, he said: "We want to make it absolutely clear that no member of Darren's side of the family are implicated in any way.

Is that a clue?

I think so as it fits in with what was posted as a comment on the Police Facebook.

Well from what I'm reading on Facebook it sounds like the worst outcome has happened although the public aren't being told yet. There's also comments about who it is and all I can say is I hope to God it isn't someone the family know or are linked to in anyway because it must make the pain so much more difficult to deal with. My thoughts are with the family, regardless of whether he timorous are true.

Reading a statement, sitting beside Becky's grandfather John and step-grandmother Denise, he said: "We want to make it absolutely clear that no member of Darren's side of the family are implicated in any way.

Is that a clue?

Or a less than subtle hint.

A lot to deal with!
Concerning some posts on this page I've only heard of a 20 yr old brother no step siblings. I think maybe rumour mill going daft or something we haven't heard off.
I posted yday I think that there were half siblings although from the message posted it did not seem that RW knew of the half sister

Sam Galsworthy said no-one on his side of the family had any connection to her disappearance.

Well, that ends speculation - not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member