GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where Police got the information from on Monday night that led them to Barton Court?
I'm thinking most likely from one of the two they had already arrested during questioning, but also wondered if someone at the Barton Court address contacted them. Thinking along the lines of them having stored something without knowing what it was, and then when the searches at Cotton Mill started they freaked out, checked what it was and contacted police.

Or someone saw the Zafira at Barton Court during Feb 19 - 23 and, belatedly, realised the possible significance and called the police.

I am shocked that the local paper has named these people. It is inexcusable. They may, like Chris Jefferies, be completely innocent of wrongdoing. I really thought that they would know better, in Bristol especially.

I am shocked that the local paper has named these people. It is inexcusable. They may, like Chris Jefferies, be completely innocent of wrongdoing. I really thought that they would know better, in Bristol especially.
That's the consensus of a lot of people commenting on their page. And if what people are saying in the comments section is correct then the could have another legal battle

Here is Uncle J's post, grab the tissues :(

Becky Watts: A letter to Becky from her Uncle Joe
By The Bristol Post | Posted: March 04, 2015

Becky Watts: Becky's Uncle Joe has written an open letter to Becky on Facebook

I read that late last night ( early this morning really ) and it had me in floods ...but at the same time, heartened to feel that there were some members of her family who really loved Becky and will cherish her memory.
I also went and looked out at the night sky and saw a star twinkling up there x

I know, my mistake

Sorry, I just removed my post as I saw that others had already commented ........ that will teach me to catch up on all the pages properly before posting !

Sorry, I just removed my post as I saw that others had already commented ........ that will teach me to catch up on all the pages properly before posting !
Ha don't worry. I do it all the time!

BBC confirming that one of the arrested women was taken to hospital briefly on Tuesday night http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31724746

'Avon and Somerset Police have said that a woman being held for questioning was taken to hospital on Tuesday night after feeling unwell.

She was seen by a doctor and taken back a short time later.'

That's the consensus of a lot of people commenting on their page. And if what people are saying in the comments section is correct then the could have another legal battle

It's horrendous really. Nobody has even been charged yet, and as far as I'm aware the police haven't actually released a statement regarding names.

Who knows!! I just hope that I'm never caught up in anything like this. Sensationalist reporting.

It's horrendous really. Nobody has even been charged yet, and as far as I'm aware the police haven't actually released a statement regarding names.

Who knows!! I just hope that I'm never caught up in anything like this. Sensationalist reporting.
It is horrendous. I can see both sides of the argument though for naming/not naming those arrested.

I'd dread it if it happened to me not only because of the blot on your reputation but if Google searches are anything to go by I'd look very guilty indeed

This is the first case I've followed on here that could be nearing a conclusion, so I'd like to ask:

There's a possibility there could be charges this afternoon. What happens to this discussion if that happens? I assume it has to be locked until the trial and official updates posted without comment in the media thread?

Thanks.

Or someone saw the Zafira at Barton Court during Feb 19 - 23 and, belatedly, realised the possible significance and called the police.

Going back to the Police statement at the time ... '

Detective Superintendent Mike Courtiour made the following statement:

“As a result of new information received late last night (02/03), we attended a house at Barton Court in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.

“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts."

From here https://www.avonandsomerset.police....-discovery-made-in-becky-watts-investigation/

It seems to me it was most likely either someone in custody who said what had happened, or someone at Barton Court who discovered the body parts and alerted the Police to what they found.

I wondered about this statement at the time, the Police saying 'cut up' - I felt that maybe they were making sure people were very aware of what had happened and there shouldn't be any misguided loyalties or covering up going on. Not explaining myself too well here :/

It's disgusting that the papers are allowed to plaster the names and faces of the arrested all over the place, especially in Bristol, where Christopher Jefferies life was turned upside down, who turned out to be completely innocent, in 2010. Papers will stoop to any level for the money though, as we all know.

Also, the police obviously won't tell us the real reason she was in hospital, as it's a pretty damning admission of guilt.

I think charges have to be filed this afternoon/evening, otherwise they have release them.... although I'm not sure whether they can get another 24 hours.

This is the first case I've followed on here that could be nearing a conclusion, so I'd like to ask:

There's a possibility there could be charges this afternoon. What happens to this discussion if that happens? I assume it has to be locked until the trial and official updates posted without comment in the media thread?

Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of, there may be things we aren't able to discuss but I have seen many threads remain open. Each case can be different though. I don't see why we can't still discuss as long as we remain in TOS but it's not up to me.

I think charges have to be filed this afternoon/evening, otherwise they have release them.... although I'm not sure whether they can get another 24 hours.
That have to be charged or released this afternoon. Would have thought charges would be filed sooner rather than later as is standard procedure

Not that I'm aware of, there may be things we aren't able to discuss but I have seen many threads remain open. Each case can be different though. I don't see why we can't still discuss as long as we remain in TOS but it's not up to me.

Thanks Skibaboo, I appreciate the reply :)

The 21 year old woman and 28 year old man were arrested on the afternoon of Sat 28th February. 96 hours will expire this afternoon so they cannot get a further 24 hour extension AFAIK. Not sure if and by how much this may be extensible due to the questioning time possibly being lost as a result of one the suspects having been taken to hospital though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NancyChancy