GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the press can be extremely irresponsible ! but surely they wouldnt be putting out all these articles and pics if they thought there was any possibility of the original two suspects being released without charge.

there is another article I have just seen in DM, showing the pic which many of us have already viewed ( prison outfit one ! how ironic that seems now ) which surely they would not put in their paper unless they were certain of charges. Or am I just being too trusting here

Going back to the Police statement at the time ... '

Detective Superintendent Mike Courtiour made the following statement:

“As a result of new information received late last night (02/03), we attended a house at Barton Court in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.

“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts."

From here https://www.avonandsomerset.police....-discovery-made-in-becky-watts-investigation/

It seems to me it was most likely either someone in custody who said what had happened, or someone at Barton Court who discovered the body parts and alerted the Police to what they found.

I wondered about this statement at the time, the Police saying 'cut up' - I felt that maybe they were making sure people were very aware of what had happened and there shouldn't be any misguided loyalties or covering up going on. Not explaining myself too well here :/

Yes, having caught up on news this morning, I agree. Does seem to be someone at Barton Court who gave the alert

The 21 year old woman and 28 year old man were arrested on the afternoon of Sat 28th February. 96 hours will expire this afternoon so they cannot get a further 24 hour extension AFAIK. Not sure if and by how much this may be extensible due to the time taken by one of the suspects having been taken to hospital though.

From what I have read, the whole * event* was less than one hour in total, so shouldnt add much to the expiry time.

We don't know for sure what was wrong with her?

From what I have read, the whole * event* was less than one hour in total, so shouldnt add much to the expiry time.
I don't imagine she'd have access to anything that would do much damage whilst in custody.

Becky Watts murder: First picture of stepbrother arrested on suspicion of murdering teenager

This is the first picture of Becky Watts' stepbrother who has been arrested on suspicion of murdering the teenager.

rebecca-watts-new-main.jpg

Delivery driver Nathan Matthews, 28, and girlfriend Shauna Phillips, 21, are being quizzed over the 16-year-old's murder.

If that's the case and since we don't know the exact time they were originally booked in for arrest on Saturday afternoon anyway it won't make much difference. So "sometime" this afternoon we should hear more.

I know the press can be extremely irresponsible ! but surely they wouldnt be putting out all these articles and pics if they thought there was any possibility of the original two suspects being released without charge.

there is another article I have just seen in DM, showing the pic which many of us have already viewed ( prison outfit one ! how ironic that seems now ) which surely they would not put in their paper unless they were certain of charges. Or am I just being too trusting here

Haha, yes, you are being far too trusting.

Just google "Christopher Jeffries"

Although I think this case set abit of a precedent, so it should never get this bad again.

Haha, yes, you are being far too trusting.

Just google "Christopher Jeffries"

Although I think this case set abit of a precedent, so it should never get this bad again.

Yes, I know all about CJ, I followed that case very closely and thought they might have learnt their lesson. I can * just about * understand their publishing about the two original suspects, as they may have got the unofficial nod that charges will be brought, but to see pics of 4 of the other 5 who have been arrested is quite worrying.

Yes, I know all about CJ, I followed that case very closely and thought they might have learnt their lesson. I can * just about * understand their publishing about the two original suspects, as they may have got the unofficial nod that charges will be brought, but to see pics of 4 of the other 5 who have been arrested is quite worrying.

Especially when it sounds like they're the ones who "sounded the alarm" on the situation. I think it's more than plausible that you could still be arrested even though you were the one who called the police etc. They can't take any chances in a case like this. At the moment it's only the Bristol Post who's published their names, hopefully the national media might have abit more sense.

I've only seen pics of 2 of the other 5. Who is now publishing the others?

As I stated early on when the others were arrested, I have a strong feeling not all of them knew what they were helping with. Maybe some did, but I don't think they were all "in on it".

I've only seen pics of 2 of the other 5. Who is now publishing the others?
Got it. I see DM have exceeded themselves - posting pics without actually stating what they are implying

Edit: exceeded?!? I mean excelled. Brain fog

Especially when it sounds like they're the ones who "sounded the alarm" on the situation. I think it's more than plausible that you could still be arrested even though you were the one who called the police etc. They can't take any chances in a case like this. At the moment it's only the Bristol Post who's published their names, hopefully the national media might have abit more sense.

To be fair the Bristol Post have published the names of the people believed to live in the house where remains were found - they haven't actually gone as far as to say these are the people who are under arrest. That said, there are re-quoting from The Sun and I haven't read what's in there.

And I agree that being arrested does not necessarily mean that they were knowingly involved.

It's disgusting that the papers are allowed to plaster the names and faces of the arrested all over the place, especially in Bristol, where Christopher Jefferies life was turned upside down, who turned out to be completely innocent, in 2010. Papers will stoop to any level for the money though, as we all know.

Also, the police obviously won't tell us the real reason she was in hospital, as it's a pretty damning admission of guilt.

Not necessarily guilt of murder, imo. I imagine its pretty scary to be in custody being questioned about murder, and if she hadn't been involved in the act, but perhaps had helped afterwards - through fear, misguided loyalty, shock or just being completely controlled by him, then I can see that someone might do something like that. She appears on her FB to be somewhat obsessed/besotted with him. If she knew he was going to be imprisoned for years for this, then she may panic about being left on her own?

And remember, it was just a tweet from someone about her injuries - might not be true. (Although I'm not disbelieving it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28