GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it. I see DM have exceeded themselves - posting pics without actually stating what they are implying

Edit: exceeded?!? I mean excelled. Brain fog
Yes, but notice that they have chosen comments from friends and neighbours which say positive things about virtually all the suspects. They are treading very very carefully.

It's disgusting that the papers are allowed to plaster the names and faces of the arrested all over the place, especially in Bristol, where Christopher Jefferies life was turned upside down, who turned out to be completely innocent, in 2010. Papers will stoop to any level for the money though, as we all know.

Also, the police obviously won't tell us the real reason she was in hospital, as it's a pretty damning admission of guilt.
Not sure that you can conclude with 100% certainty that the trip to hospital is an admission of guilt.

Not defending her or anyone else in custody, just saying that 3 solid days in custody with up to 12 hours of questioning each day would be hard for anyone to take.

I think it would be very easy for a vulnerable young woman, who hasn't much life experience or self esteem, to get completely caught up in something like this because of a blind loyalty to her partner.

Obviously we do not know the circumstances yet, or what took place to lead to this. I could very well be way off.

I think it would be very easy for a vulnerable young woman, who hasn't much life experience or self esteem, to get completely caught up in something like this because of a blind loyalty to her partner.

Obviously we do not know the circumstances yet, or what took place to lead to this. I could very well be way off.
There is of course the possibility that the complete opposite occurred.

First picture of couple held over Becky's murder: Teenager's stepbrother and his girlfriend among seven arrested after police discover body parts in rundown house

Just noticed this little snippet

"Forensic officers are understood to have searched the home belonging to the brother's mother, Louise Tuck, which is on an adjacent street to Barton Court.
Her car is thought to be the blue convertible pictured as it was searched by police yesterday."
Was the first time I'd seen the blue convertible mentioned.

Oh dear - we obviously don't know if they are guilty or not, they haven't even been charged yet but I was waiting for the "being controlled by the man" card to be played. Not referring to your post in particular so don't take offense.

It annoys me that 9 times out of 10 when a crime is committed with male and female being the perpetrators, that even jumps on the bandwagon of the assumption that the male was the lead party and the female was miguided or coerced into helping them

Jealousy is a very powerful emotion, and is at the root of all sorts of evil deeds in this world.

Just noticed this little snippet

"Forensic officers are understood to have searched the home belonging to the brother's mother, Louise Tuck, which is on an adjacent street to Barton Court.
Her car is thought to be the blue convertible pictured as it was searched by police yesterday."

Which brother? This is getting confusing.

Obviously no one has been charged yet, much less found guilty, but I would have thought that the police had more to go on than simply arresting everyone in the house. Maybe the five had already been in the picture and at least the woman came to the conclusion that the noose was tightening and they had no prospect of moving evidence without detection, and tried to play the "look what I just happened to find" card.

I wonder if it should read brothers' mother - referring to the 3 brothers mentioned, KD, his twin and younger brother
That's exactly what I think. They all share the same mother

Oh dear - we obviously don't know if they are guilty or not, they haven't even been charged yet but I was waiting for the "being controlled by the man" card to be played. Not referring to your post in particular so don't take offense.

It annoys me that 9 times out of 10 when a crime is committed with male and female being the perpetrators, that even jumps on the bandwagon of the assumption that the male was the lead party and the female was miguided or coerced into helping them

No offense taken. We are all entitled to our opinion.

I based my opinion on the high statistics of women in abusive and controlling relationships. Even the much quoted statistic of 1 in 4 women suffering abuse and 1 in 6 men is skewed, the numbers for women are likely to be much higher.

It isn't a bandwagon if it can be statistically proven. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NancyChancy