GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I read somewhere when the MSM announced Nathan's name, that he had been on camera alongside Becky's father appealing for help in a live news feed. Probably the Daily Mail.
No that was dad's brother Joe

I'm in a hotel that picks up British TV. It's showing a photo of stepbrother dressed up as a convict, at Christmas, WTH?

At least, I presume it's Christmas as girlfriend's in a Santa outfit.

Yes, it was taken from FB pages, from a Christmas party ....... I would say how ironic, but I dont think that's quite the word I'm looking for

Re: which charges to lay, I was recently involved in a legal case where two charges were against one defendant. The judge said Half way through the case that the CPS had to pick one or the other. He stated that you can only be on two different charges if there is two different sets of evidence. So you can't have the same evidence for two different charges with the hope that the jury will find them guilty on one. It wouldn't be fair on defendants, for example, if the CPS believed that there was evidence of manslaughter but thought they may as well try their luck at getting murder just in case...

Yes, it was taken from FB pages, from a Christmas party ....... I would say how ironic, but I dont think that's quite the word I'm looking for

Bitterly ironic will probably suffice in this case. I was really hoping Becky would be found okay, after 'her' text msg. I need to be more cynical, I think. :(

The police were very guarded, right from the start, about who else was in the house that day. I think it was the question about how was it known that Becky left the house at 11.15am, that led to the comment, by the police, that there were other people and family members in the house at that time....

I would be interested to know if he, the stepbrother, joined any of the searches. I could see her - the g/f - having the excuse of needing to take care of their daughter, but I wonder if he also made excuses.

Yeah I always thought it was weird that they stated a specific time that she left even though her mum left before that time. Ugh this makes me so angry. I am still wondering where exactly she stayed the night before this happened and if that plays into things.

Thanks for that Bluey........... I had forgotten that remark We're working on that at the moment and I now remember how so many people were commenting how strange it was that, one week after Becky had disappeared, the police were still working to find out that seemingly basic detail....

If, as many of us now suspect, it all happened at the family home, then that statement makes sense and shows how far down the line the police already were
This is what I suspected early on, I ask several times - who would be trusted to be in the house who wasn't a G family member and wasn't a W family member and we had heard nothing of if AG even had kids! But I saw the wedding photos and he looks very much like Mum especially the eyes and I wondered why we hadn't seen or heard of/about/mention of A's side of the family ... I think police KNEW very early on what was what ... as they say give someone enough rope ...

Re: which charges to lay, I was recently involved in a legal case where two charges were against one defendant. The judge said Half way through the case that the CPS had to pick one or the other. He stated that you can only be on two different charges if there is two different sets of evidence. So you can't have the same evidence for two different charges with the hope that the jury will find them guilty on one. It wouldn't be fair on defendants, for example, if the CPS believed that there was evidence of manslaughter but thought they may as well try their luck at getting murder just in case...
Yup, saw that happen in a case that was almost certainly murder, CPS went for manslaughter and the jury felt sorry for the plaintiff so let him off. Had the CPS pushed the murder angle instead I don't think they would have been so soft.

I could be wrong (there's no logical answers to these things) but I'd guess there was some kind of sexual motive :( maybe a one off or possibly ongoing abuse.

This is my train of thought. Perhaps also that these others had a vested interest in the situation hence why they have maybe helped? I can't understand why they may have helped otherwise. JMO

Correct. As manslaughter is a lesser charge or murder they cannot lay the charges of murder and manslaughter just like you cannot be charged with theft and robbery (if it relates to same incident). However if they are two separate charges I.e theft and battery for instance then they can be layer regardless of whether they relate to the same incident. Does that make sense?

I would be interested to know if he, the stepbrother, joined any of the searches. I could see her - the g/f - having the excuse of needing to take care of their daughter, but I wonder if he also made excuses.

It doesn't seem as though he did join any searches, Becky's uncle 2nd March,very hard to watch this video :( http://www.itv.com/news/2015-03-02/...-speculation-around-his-nieces-disappearance/

"said no-one on his side of the family had any connection to her disappearance.

Reading a statement, sitting beside Becky's grandfather John and step-grandmother Denise, he said: "We want to make it absolutely clear that no member of Darren's side of the family are implicated in any way.

"Every family member who was part of our search for Rebecca still remains with us.

"We are aware that this is an ongoing investigation and cannot say anymore."

Maxine Carr was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice for providing a false alibi: http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/apr/16/ukcrime2

I guess we won't know the precise details until the trial.

Maxine Carr was originally charged with "assisting an offender," which is a more serious charge. She was found not guilty of that charge but guilty of perverting the course of justice. The functional difference between the two in that context (and I presume this one as well) was whether or not she knew what Ian Huntley had done. If Shauna Hoare had, had any direct involvement in handling or disposing of the body, that would be assisting an offender at a minimum and (possibly?) preventing a lawful and decent burial.

People keep referring to Becky's "biological" mother as if Becky was an adopted child. As far as I can make out, she has always been part of Becky's life so please let's refer to her as Becky's mother.

I don't know why, but I am expecting more arrests (like there haven't been enough already) :/

People keep referring to Becky's "biological" mother as if Becky was an adopted child. As far as I can make out, she has always been part of Becky's life so please let's refer to her as Becky's mother.

Well, I guess this is to avoid confusion - we have here a bio-mum and a step-mum. By using the prefix we know who we are talking about.

Well, I guess this is to avoid confusion - we have here a bio-mum and a step-mum. By using the prefix we know who we are talking about.

Surely "mum" and "step-mum" are clear enough?

with another house being searched its possible there may be more arrests

in response to jigzy

with another house being searched its possible there may be more arrests

in response to jigzy

I thought that maybe the other house and the way there was a 23 yo male named could tie in with the 23 yo male that was arrested with the other 4 people. There hasn't been confirmation of any of those names, but some names and ages were mentioned, with pics too in the DM, they all matched up, but left 1 x 23yo male not mentioned at all. Just reading between the lines here though tbh

If all these people are involved, I really can't get my head around how you convince someone to help you with something like this.

Did Becky have something on them on these devices?

I wonder if they have ever found these devices?

I thought that maybe the other house and the way there was a 23 yo male named could tie in with the 23 yo male that was arrested with the other 4 people. There hasn't been confirmation of any of those names, but some names and ages were mentioned, with pics too in the DM, they all matched up, but left 1 x 23yo male not mentioned at all. Just reading between the lines here though tbh

You're probably right, I hadnt thought of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members