GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do victims of crime get their funerals paid for? I never realised that. Who pays technically?

I'm guessing the taxpayer. Also victims of crime (or their families) can claim some sort of compensation, I seem to remember from somewhere.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-stepbrother-girlfriend-quizzed-5268171

Locals tonight claimed delivery driver Matthews and Phillips are the pair who have been in custody since Saturday.

The couple have a two-year-old daughter.

Police were today granted an extra 24 hours to quiz two suspects after 16-year-old Becky's body was found cut up in a house a mile from her home.

Nathan is believed to be the son of Anjie Galsworthy, 49, who is married to Becky's dad Darren, 51.
Delivery driver hey.. wasn't a delivery driver mentioned in an earlier newspaper interview. I've read so much I can't remember

How on earth will their marriage survive that? She is mourning the step-daughter she bought up, but her own son is accused of killing her. Her husbands' daughter killed by her son. As if things weren't awful enough.

And I think that is maybe why Dad was super distraught from the beginning, I know a lot of us felt something was off. He may have had suspicions eating away at him himself for days, IIRC it was a few days after she went missing that we heard an appeal. I feel very bad for passing judgement, that poor poor man :(

It was like that earlier today when I first saw it.

Same here - I can't imagine it was that blank a few days ago, though. Wonder if he did it before the arrest or had someone else take care of it for him afterwards.

I'm keeping my mind open and not yet discounting my original suspicions.

AT LAST.Look at the pages he has liked... says an awful lot about his general mentality towards violence etc. And I believe he's a member (or was) of our Armed forces...

His facebook says 'worked at' so I think that would indicate that's in the past?

My husband is in the British Army, (he's just gone on exercise so I can't ask him), but not seen that style uniform on him, or even in his old pics, for several years.

AT LAST.Look at the pages he has liked... says an awful lot about his general mentality towards violence etc. And I believe he's a member (or was) of our Armed forces...

I was aware of his name earlier today and my heart sank when I saw he was ex-British Army. I am married to a soldier and it was like.....'more bad press, here we go'

Delivery driver hey.. wasn't a delivery driver mentioned in an earlier newspaper interview. I've read so much I can't remember

Yes, takeaway delivery driver, not been at work since the day after or something? I remember that too, think that was the DM as well.

And I think that is maybe why Dad was super distraught from the beginning, I know a lot of us felt something was off. He may have had suspicions eating away at him himself for day, IIRC it was a few days after she went missing that we heard an appeal. I feel very bad for passing judgement, that poor poor man :(

Yes, that is what I think. The way he came across in that video, which looked very strange , was because he already had strong suspicions of what might have taken place. Tragic for him and all his family.

His facebook says 'worked at' so I think that would indicate that's in the past?

My husband is in the British Army, (he's just gone on exercise so I can't ask him), but not seen that style uniform on him, or even in his old pics, for several years.

That's 95s, day to day dress but it's changed to MPT

Yes, takeaway delivery driver, not been at work since the day after or something? I remember that too, think that was the DM as well.

Yes, it was reported in DM that the last time he worked for the take away outfit was the night before RW disappeared

Yes it was, I think by the employer? Looking but can't find a link...

I think but may be wrong. It was in relation to the Zafira. Now I remember the delivery driver saying he would normally have a younger girl with him who he presumed was the girlfriend. Now if this was SP then where was their child? Was it Becky? Or was it another younger girl?

I think but may be wrong. It was in relation to the Zafira. Now I remember the delivery driver saying he would normally have a younger girl with him who he presumed was the girlfriend. Now if this was SP then where was their child? Was it Becky? Or was it another younger girl?

Oh yes, you are right. Would you class 21 as a younger girl? Wouldn't your boss know who your partner was, especially if you have a child? I guess maybe not but....?

Nice to see my gut instinct is still working ...

I was aware of his name earlier today and my heart sank when I saw he was ex-British Army. I am married to a soldier and it was like.....'more bad press, here we go'

Same position for me. The media love an armed forces link to tar all soldiers with. They even referred to Mick Philpott as "former soldier Mick Philpott" when he'd served for all of 5 minutes about 35 years previously!

I always think the same when it's Army related too... I always feel kind of defensive?! Even though I know it's got it's fair share of scumbags! It always gets me when someone commits a crime, is reported as 'ex-military' and actually they never did a tour and only just were out of basic... anyway I'm off on a tangent

His facebook 'likes' actually look quite tame in comparison to some of my mates. So difficult to tell anything from his page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ickem916