GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The charge in full said: "Between 22 February and 3 March in the city of Bristol, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, did an act, namely assist in the disposal and concealment of the body parts of Rebecca Watts, with the intent to impede the apprehension or prosecution of Nathan Matthews who had committed the offence of murder, knowing or believing him to be guilty of the offence, or for another offence which carries a term of imprisonment of five years or more." ... ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-four-court-charged-5286600?ICID=FB_mirror_main

I think this was possibly the reason the family cancelled the public searches - they knew!

I've yet to see a comment where someone says they believe the accused could be involved - plenty of defending comments or 'they seemed normal'. Shows how little you can know someone.
A couple of people said they'd be very surprised but not anybody close. To be fair, I wouldn't want to be associated with any of them at this stage. People are probably keeping well out.

Come to think of it. The person I've seen spoke reasonably highly of is the only one that has been released.

I feel guilty for bringing it up, and have had a very tough week, but I live in Bristol and my step brothers wife knows people who know neighbours/friends of one of the accused so we have had a few discussions about this (I let her know about websleuths!).

Can we talk about where the body might have been cut up and how? I always thought it would take knowledge to cut up a body not to mention the mess it would make. Could that have been carried out by one person, also how long might it take?

I feel guilty for bringing it up, and have had a very tough week, but I live in Bristol and my step brothers wife knows people who know neighbours/friends of one of the accused so we have had a few discussions about this (I let her know about websleuths!).

Can we talk about where the body might have been cut up and how? I always thought it would take knowledge to cut up a body not to mention the mess it would make. Could that have been carried out by one person, also how long might it take?
I think we've all kind of avoided that sort of conversation and I imagine a lot of people have held back on what they think the situation that brought it upon - I have and especially in light of today's charges. I would hazard a guess at a bath though.

You can discuss possibilities as long as they are not based on rumors. But let's say you're familiar with the area, and you have ideas based on your own knowledge of the locale, e.g., secluded spots, traffic patterns, then you can express those thoughts. We want to maintain respect for the family, but WS is a true crime board, and such discussions are common.

ETA: Just to add my two cents, the task certainly could have been achieved by a sole individual. The time required to carry it out would depend on a number of factors, such as the implement used.

I've got two theories swimming around my head re the other 4 charged - assuming they are complicit that is..

Scenario 1 - NM/SH ask for their help in cutting up (sorry can't term it any other way) and getting rid of the body. They do this but before they can get rid of it NM is arrested. .. not knowing what to do the other 4 conceal the body in the hope of being able to get rid of it later

Scenario 2 - NM/SH ask for their help in hiding the body. It is taken to JP/KD property for storage. Before they can hide the body NM/SH are arrested. Not knowing what to do the other 4 dismember the body in the hope of doing what I'm not too sure at the moment...

Two different scenarios but whole different level of responsibility.

I'm confused about JI though and how he fits in...

I've got two theories swimming around my head re the other 4 charged - assuming they are complicit that is..

Scenario 1 - NM/SH ask for their help in cutting up (sorry can't term it any other way) and getting rid of the body. They do this but before they can get rid of it NM is arrested. .. not knowing what to do the other 4 conceal the body in the hope of being able to get rid of it later

Scenario 2 - NM/SH ask for their help in hiding the body. It is taken to JP/KD property for storage. Before they can hide the body NM/SH are arrested. Not knowing what to do the other 4 dismember the body in the hope of doing what I'm not too sure at the moment...

I've been thinking a lot about SH's involvement since the others were charged.
I'm wondering now whether she really has been roped into something she really doesn't have knowledge of and she was just lying about NM's whereabouts. Nothing would change the fact she was intending to pervert the course of justice with which she is charged.

Grr, I cant discuss it then as my questions are based around rumour.

I'm not sure there was necessarily any confusion over who saw her last - the police said that family/others were in the house with her after AG left for hospital, they just never said who those people were. I wouldn't be surprised to find that NM was there and might even played a part in persuading her dad and stepmum not to report her missing until 16:02 on Friday the 20th. NM might have been on family/police radar from the get go. I also have a strong feeling that the family knew she was dead a while before the body was discovered and that much that went on was to do with ensuring her remains were found.

If the Zafira is his car, then the family must have been aware.

Is there not a work connection between him and KD ........... and, perhaps nothing, but JIs previous job was as a Line Chef

Be interesting to know the dynamics of NM/SH's relationship. Was she always at home holding baby while he was out with his buds ?

My theories are exactly the same as sar2them1984 although the second scenario seems more likely to me. JP/KD need help and that's where DD and JI come in. Sorry I can't recall who it was who worked with JI, so much information to process over the past week my mind can't cope with it all.

Is there not a work connection between him and KD ........... and, perhaps nothing, but JIs previous job was as a Line Chef
Yes there is but it's not as if he lives round the corner from them. Was he at their house when they were asked for help or did he purposely come nearly 20 miles to help.. I dunno obviously they have enough to charge him but it's very baffling

Yes there is but it's not as if he lives round the corner from them. Was he at their house when they were asked for help or did he purposely come nearly 20 miles to help.. I dunno obviously they have enough to charge him but it's very baffling
My guess is they're childhood mates. I come from a very similar area and everybody knows everybody, if not directly. Twins especially would be VERY well known - though our local twins were the ones in the George Michael vid.

If you take a look at his FB page (likes, comments) you'll find some familiar names.

Where do you think Becky was murdered? Her home? Or did she, herself, "turn her music off and slam the door" before leaving?

If she was killed in her own home, was it there she was dismembered? Or was she taken to one of the persons charged homes' and dismembered there?

I think she was killed in her own home and dismembered elsewhere by NM (and possibly the others).

Where do you think Becky was murdered? Her home? Or did she, herself, "turn her music off and slam the door" before leaving?

If she was killed in her own home, was it there she was dismembered? Or was she taken to one of the persons charged homes' and dismembered there?

I think she was killed in her own home and dismembered elsewhere.
I think she was lured elsewhere...maybe on the promise of a lift to her BF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bslnlaw