GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OM flippin G. Been on holiday for a few days, no internet but occasional glimpses of brief news so I knew they had found Becky and that there were arrests.

But I feel utterly SICK right now at what has gone on. They chopped her into bits?? I'm trying to catch up with several threads so sorry to go over what is probably old news to you all. Have we any idea when, where and why this happened?? Has there been any word from or about step-mum?

One other thing, I feel I owe a massive apology to Becky's dad. I had bad thoughts about him and I know I wasn't the only one. Poor chap.

OM flippin G. Been on holiday for a few days, no internet but occasional glimpses of brief news so I knew they had found Becky and that there were arrests.

But I feel utterly SICK right now at what has gone on. They chopped her into bits?? I'm trying to catch up with several threads so sorry to go over what is probably old news to you all. Have we any idea when, where and why this happened?? Has there been any word from or about step-mum?

One other thing, I feel I owe a massive apology to Becky's dad. I had bad thoughts about him and I know I wasn't the only one. Poor chap.
Step mum is innocent and devestated is the majority vote. Including myself. I cannot imagine what that lady is going through.

Read back and I was her biggest critic. In light of today's charges, compared to hers, my theory has changed.

When you think about it, assuming she wasn't involved either in the murder itself or in concealing/disposing of the body - and it seems most probable she wasn't, given the lesser charge she's facing - everything she knew about what happened had to have come from NM himself. And how honest is he likely to have been, especially if the motive was sexual? I can't exactly see him coming home and saying "Hey babe, so I kinda sorta murdered my stepsister today. No worries though, I've cut up the body and I'm just gonna pop round my mate's to get rid of it. So how's your day been?"

I think he'd have made himself look as innocent as possible, whether by not telling her anything at all and just asking her to give him an alibi, or if he did say anything (probably only if he was forced into it, for example if he had blood on his clothing), maybe saying it was his friend who killed her, not him. So it seems pretty likely she didn't know the full story up until being questioned at the police station, simply because he wouldn't have admitted it to her unless he was forced to. No wonder she felt "unwell" when she found out...

(Just had another thought too - one of the houses that was searched is supposed to be her mum's. Did she visit the house with NM, or did NM send her and the baby over there to get them out of the house while he did what he did to the body in their house? She went there the weekend after Becky disappeared, so the timing fits...)

Come to think of it. The person I've seen spoke reasonably highly of is the only one that has been released.

I was referring to comments on the Bristol Post facebook page and Twitter as well as MSM.

When the charge for SH and NM was upgraded from kidnap to murder was there not something in the media about finding something at CML to suggest Becky was dead? I can't find the media link just now but I'll keep looking. I assumed this was blood. So either murder or dismembering took place here? Would explain why SH was initially arrested on murder too, as she also lived there.

Absolutely, never was Occam's razor more appropriate.

Or you could say it is a case of good old fashioned case of Chinese Whispers?! In fairness, I do remember as a young adult reading news articles and having total belief in all that I read. I cringe now at how easily I believed things, how gullible I was....not that I would ever have admitted it then. I think with this case the naming of suspects before charge has really inflamed the amount of gossip and untruths. Add to this the 'dismemberment' and the shock that people feel when hearing that I can understand why they would be inclined to look think of this as totally horrific and not simply some kind of 'accident' gone wrong. I keep thinking that these 4 that have been charged are innocent and have been held purely because the evidence hasn't been examined to exonerate. I ask myself why I'm thinking that way and it is purely because I am hoping for the best and looking for the good in people. Sadly in today's world I am more and more disappointed! :fence:

Where'd he store his tools from when he attended C of BC?

<snip> BBM Matthews, a former electrical student at the City of Bristol College and occasional takeaway delivery man, claims on his Facebook page that he has served in the Army, and his profile shows a figure, whose head is obscured, wearing camouflage fatigues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tion-pair-suspicion-murder.html#ixzz3TdZO5Pfg
Don't need many for that course in fairness and college normally supply them anyway unless you are part of an apprenticeship

Where do you think Becky was murdered? Her home? Or did she, herself, "turn her music off and slam the door" before leaving?.

There likely was no music to turn off or door to slam. Consider the source of the comment. It didn't come from her step-mom, who had already left. And it didn't come from Becky.

I'm intrigued as to how anyone goes about raising this subject (helping dispose of remains) with friends. Especially with friends who, to all outwardly intents and purposes didn't seem to to know NM/SH all that well or for all that long..

This is why I think it maybe they didn't know what was in the bags or even that they were there....A possibility for looking after 'sealed' packages or bags to vague friends maybe a simple poor me story for eg: "Please help me, my little sister has gone missing, I am SO upset and the police are searching everywhere and I've got some 'dodgy' goods I bought back from Spain" blah blah blah... MOO

Wait... if the car belongs to the brother's Mom, then didnt she wonder where it was all that time? Or was it a vehicle the family shared, so someone having it a week or so wasn't a big deal? Just seems strange to me that the police are looking for a particular vehicle, you own that same type of vehicle, and it isn't in your driveway....I would be wondering where the heck my car was!

This is why I think it maybe they didn't know what was in the bags or even that they were there....A possibility for looking after 'sealed' packages or bags to vague friends maybe a simple poor me story for eg: "Please help me, my little sister has gone missing, I am SO upset and the police are searching everywhere and I've got some 'dodgy' goods I bought back from Spain" blah blah blah... MOO
Without being crude - surely body parts in a bag would be err messy

Or you could say it is a case of good old fashioned case of Chinese Whispers?! ....

I think you misunderstand.

Occam's razor is just the principle that the simplest answer is usually the correct answer.

Any criminal history that's been revealed for any of the accused? I'm also curious about domestic calls to the home of any of the involved parties as well as the blended family over the years. Not sure if reporting data is compiled in the same way as the US in regard to this families' history with law enforcement interaction. Looking for a pattern with the stepson primarily, but curious about all of them in general.

BBM

True enough. I certainly am not a legal expert in either the US or the UK. This case (and the great members who are posting) is, however, giving me more specific education on British law. That said, I think that in the US, one can be charged with murder even if it wasn't their hands (or weapon) that did the deed but that they were intimately involved in the situation.

I'm no expert either but the saes of Derek Bentley springs to mind, I'm unsure if the UK law has changed in that regard though.

Wait... if the car belongs to the brother's Mom, then didnt she wonder where it was all that time? Or was it a vehicle the family shared, so someone having it a week or so wasn't a big deal? Just seems strange to me that the police are looking for a particular vehicle, you own that same type of vehicle, and it isn't in your driveway....I would be wondering where the heck my car was!

We are given to believe that a black Zafira belonged to NM. This is the car that was parked outside Wilton Close, Southmead for over a week. The car belonging to the mum of the 3 "assistants" charged today is a different car.

Awful, awful, awful for a parent. They don't necessarily have all the dear girl back together. When I saw that LE was looking for fingertips, I felt that there was more to dismembering RW than just a way to hide her body. Someone, maybe one of the others who have been charged, put some thought into that, likely as a way to get rid of evidence under her nails, or perhaps thinking that would make it impossible to identify her. Whatever the reason, it was a horrid act from a depraved mind.

I must have missed that, where we're LE looking for finger tips?? Do u mean fingerprints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc