GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....None of the things you have listed would necessarily prove that NM kidnapped RW. I was wondering if signs of a struggle were evident somewhere that conclusively showed that RW was taken by NM and did not go willingly. I was wondering where that somewhere was - I'm thinking signs of an attack and struggle at RW's home? In the vehicle? On NM's clothing? Rambling now, will quit as I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

The police were not in a position where they had to prove that NM (and SH) kidnapped RW; they simply had reasonable grounds for suspecting that they had kidnapped her. I would imagine that in the initial stages of the investigation that A&SC decided that was good enough to hold the pair in custody until they could locate the body.

I recall that but I think it was just someone else's theory after reading too much into SH's ecard posts.

No offence but the theory that this happened because NM and SH or even AG had loaned money to BW is laughable ... almost as ridiculous as the cult sacrifice theory ...

I sometimes think that between charging and trial that a pause should be placed on here and the case shouldn't be discussed cause in all honesty, we KNOW nothing ...

I agree. It's hard to keep within the boundaries of not demonizing the accused. This seems to leave it open for posters to do this to the victim, which isn't on, imo.

Can we still come up with scenarios? :thinking:

Hopefully the mods can direct us. :)

Grandmother said it was reported by strangers.

Yes I saw her post but would she really know? Isn't it possible that the police have told the family they were alerted without telling them who it was and the family have assumed it was a stranger.

I believe the motive was sexual. The initial search of RWs home found something that allowed NM to be arrested on suspicion of kidnapping. That suggests that they knew NM was at the home that day and that RW was removed from the home against her will. At this point I am willing to guess that they found traces of blood (possibly TOTM type) in a place where it should be unlikely to find such (living room, hallways, kitchen for example).
Had he strangled her during this struggle, there would be no signs of what happened yet. He places her in a container to move her to a new location (container removed from home), the container proves too heavy and so he places her in his car boot, grabs the electronics (which may show his being suggestive or flirtatious) and leaves.
Involving the girlfriend is easy if he uses the, 'she came on to me and I tried to stop her' line. Now girlfriend is angry with the victim and also feels allegiance to the man who is in trouble for trying to remain true to her. This part explains dads unusual TOTM post, it is to telegraph to girlfriend that there was no 'coming on to him' since females generally avoid such activity at certain times. He had hoped that she would tell after that, but by now she is in too deep since dismemberment has occurred and she has already lied to police and taken part in helping him avoid arrest.........I haven't thought it through beyond this yet.

Yes I saw her post but would she really know? Isn't it possible that the police have told the family they were alerted without telling them who it was and the family have assumed it was a stranger.

Possibly the term stranger is being used only to indicate that it was not one of the 4 accused - they may very well know who it was who made the report.

Possibly the term stranger is being used only to indicate that it was not one of the 4 accused - they may very well know who it was who made the report.
100% agree.

Given the context of the comments she was certain that it wasn't any of the occupants.

Possibly. It's just it was stated on here that JP definitely didn't call the police and although DGs comment suggests she doesn't believe it was JP that doesn't make it a fact.

Possibly. It's just it was stated on here that JP definitely didn't call the police and although DGs comment suggests she doesn't believe it was JP that doesn't make it a fact.
She doesn't say she doesn't believe that any of them phoned the Police. She is quite specific that a stranger looked over the fence and reported what they saw. Can see no reason for her to make that up.

My apology stands.

Mark - others have pointed out the parts that they felt were implausible and why, but reading your thoughts reminded me about the electronics being missing and how I hadn't really explored the reason for that in my own theory.
I am now wondering if they have been found by police or if they are still missing. If found it may have some bearing on the others arrested or released?

The more I think about it, the more I think that the TOTM facebook status by DG was aimed directly at SH, whom, I suggest, was not present at RW's home on that Thursday morning - no facts about her presence/absence given by LE or MSM either way. Early suspicions, by the family, about the identity of the perp, and suspicion of what had happened, based perhaps on something the LE had found/or didn't find at RW's home (all 3 devices not there anymore and signs of struggle maybe) and a plea for his partner, SH, to tell. DG was in a proper state during the televised appeal, as though he knew of RW's fate already.

All just my opinion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-16-year-old-fears-continue-grow-safety.html

NSS

I've said quite a few times that the disappearance of the tablet, laptop and phone is odd.

We have no idea if they have been found.

Due to the oddness of their disappearance I do believe that they may contain something that is key to the narrative that explains the events that lead to her murder.

If they didn't dispose of the body, I guess it's possible that they didn't dispose of the electronics either.

Everyone seems to be assuming that the remains were in bags. Is there any basis for this?

Even in bags the smell would be unbearable and very noticeable in Barton Court, IMO.
I suggested, upthread, that the parts were frozen, possibly in a chest freezer, though that is purely my opinion - no facts to support this, yet.

Everyone seems to be assuming that the remains were in bags. Is there any basis for this?
Different bags comment perhaps? Read the other article in the Bristol Post, the one that talks about 30 bags.

The police were not in a position where they had to prove that NM (and SH) kidnapped RW; they simply had reasonable grounds for suspecting that they had kidnapped her. I would imagine that in the initial stages of the investigation that A&SC decided that was good enough to hold the pair in custody until they could locate the body.

Apologies - poor wording by me. I should have said 'indicate' rather than prove.

The intention of my original post was to ponder what made the LE think that NM had kidnapped RW. There must have been something pointing specifically towards RW being taken. IMO.

Different bags comment perhaps? Read the other article in the Bristol Post, the one that talks about 30 bags.

I haven't read anything about 30 bags. Can you point me to the article please? Thanks.

Even in bags the smell would be unbearable and very noticeable in Barton Court, IMO.
I suggested, upthread, that the parts were frozen, possibly in a chest freezer, though that is purely my opinion - no facts to support this, yet.

My thoughts exactly. If the parts couldn't be disposed of immediately, it would be the obvious course of action.

The Mirror has another photo from the wedding, which I don't think has been posted here yet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-new-picture-shows-5287933
According the Mirror Becky is seen "grinning" at NM - not what I'd call grinning.

A close friend of AG had a facebook Photo album open to public but it's no longer visible.

I spent a while pondering these pics when I suspected that it was a connection of AG that was responsible but no mention of AG even having children or local relatives had been made public ... and there was a 'lovely' photo of NM, SH and their daughter. I really hoped that it wasn't this happy looking little family involved ...

It took a week to find Tia Sharp, even after a week the smell wasn't overpowering because the body was wrapped in plastic.

In a cold garden, wrapped well the smell might not be that noticeable.

The freezer idea is an option, but do many people still have chest freezers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne