GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be inclined to think along those lines...... Just being able to see * over the fence * into someone else's garden would not surely arouse your suspicions - unless there was suddenly a large amount of bags on display....
maybe it was the activity surrounding the bags that was seen, and someone felt the need to investigate.

which leads me on to ........... admittedly I am more rural than Barton Court, but if I had left anything out in a bag, overnight, I can guarantee it would have been inspected by * nightlife of the animal variety * by morning.

Yes, I thought foxes. But I'm having trouble believing that they would just leave this out in the open, especially IF it was just in bags. Having said that, if it was in bags I suppose it could have been in something quite sturdy like sports bags. Even then I'd expect them to put them in a shed, in which case they wouldn't be visible to outsiders. Maybe it was the fifth person who reported it and too much has been read into comments on FB.

I think your earlier posts, re painting himself/themselves into a corner is very appropriate. My theory is that whatever happened was unforseen and unplanned ( or maybe I just hope it was, as being the least horrendous thought for me ) and a state of panic ensued following the act.
It has been said on here before, there were plenty of suitable disposal places within the area, places where a body would most likely never have been found.

Edited to add ........... even allowing for CCTV, which is very prevalent around Barton Hill/Barton Court ......... NM could have arranged to do his usual evening job, giving a reason for his car to be departing BH in the evening ........and then met up with another person/car, somewhere out of the way of CCTV and organised the disposal from there ?
His delivery driver job gives him the perfect excuse to be seen all over the place.

Panic seems to have taken over, they seem to have been frozen with fear.

Paranoia of CCTV, ANPR and live surveillance may have been their downfall.

Maybe they dumped the car too quickly perhaps thinking it has been spotted somewhere. After that they may have struggled to find another vehicle.

I am struggling to imagine scenarios in which Becky's body necessitated being dismembered for disposal purposes. In the scenarios outlined below I am assuming that NM murdered BW at her home address.

A large enough container could not be found within the home that would also fit in to the boot of NM's car, and large suitcase could not easily have been obtained from another source without incriminating oneself;

Going outside of the house to find a large enough container would necessitate leaving the body, and this would represent too high a risk of it being found;

Yes, I thought foxes. But I'm having trouble believing that they would just leave this out in the open, especially IF it was just in bags. Having said that, if it was in bags I suppose it could have been in something quite sturdy like sports bags. Even then I'd expect them to put them in a shed, in which case they wouldn't be visible to outsiders. Maybe it was the fifth person who reported it and too much has been read into comments on FB.

BIB - me too.
From memory, the pic of the garden showed a corner with various items piled up, looking quite untidy, against the fence. Could it be that these items had been removed from the shed, in order to make space to put the bag/s inside the shed.
And could it be that the appearance of this pile of items, was what aroused someone's curiosity.
( although I have to say, if my neighbour did similar, I would think nothing of it )

That makes sense. He could've thought it would make it look like BW ran away or was abducted when she went out.
I'm also unsure if the tablet's missing. I may have read it earlier, but i can't be certain. I used to think maybe there's something in those devices that were important for them to have been taken. But i haven't read anything lately that would suggest i was right. Either the LE have stopped looking for them or just aren't releasing info, it seems.

It may well be that the police have found the devices. There would be no need to make that fact public. In fact, it is more likely we would hear if they hadn't found them and needed public help to do so.

When NM appeared in crown court, the prosecutor said the following.

Mr Ward said there was 1,200 exhibits in the case and much forensic work needed to be carried out by both laboratory technicians and the police high-tech crime unit.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-26129077-detail/story.html#ixzz3ThlnjFmW

Pretty sure police high-tech crime units are involved with analysis of electronic data.

As any information that could be on a phone or laptop especially could be crucial, I imagine that if they were still missing that police would still be appealing for them.

I am struggling to imagine scenarios in which Becky's body necessitated being dismembered for disposal purposes. In the scenarios outlined below I am assuming that NM murdered BW at her home address.

A large enough container could not be found within the home that would also fit in to the boot of NM's car, and large suitcase could not easily have been obtained from another source without incriminating oneself;

Going outside of the house to find a large enough container would necessitate leaving the body, and this would represent too high a risk of it being found;
Time pressure may have contributed to poor decision making in that scenario.

There may only have been short window in which they could remove the body.

Step mum may have been due back by lunch time.

As any information that could be on a phone or laptop especially could be crucial, I imagine that if they were still missing that police would still be appealing for them.
Totally agree, there has been no further appeal regarding the electronics, strongly suggests that they've found them.

I have not found any article mentioning bags. Could someone provide a link for me please? Thanks! :)

I have not found any article mentioning bags. Could someone provide a link for me please? Thanks! :)
No bags have been mentioned as fact relating to this case.

Earlier today someone posted a link to something which does not relate to this case and shouldn't have been posted here.

The Mirror has another photo from the wedding, which I don't think has been posted here yet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-new-picture-shows-5287933

According the Mirror Becky is seen "grinning" at NM - not what I'd call grinning.

I snipped mrazda's quote for focus...

I don't think she's grinning either...nor is she "smiling" as also said in this article. I'm not sure what to make of her expression, but neither of those words popped into my head.

I snipped mrazda's quote for focus...

I don't think she's grinning either...nor is she "smiling" as also said in this article. I'm not sure what to make of her expression, but neither of those words popped into my head.
But you're not trying to sell newspapers [emoji6]

No, but I used to, and as a journalist, I would not use either of those words to describe the look on her face. ;)
No, if anything I'd say she looks awkward around him in the photos I've seen [emoji53]

Sorry- I have jumped through a few pages here now and haven't time to catch up on anything properly so forgive me on that.

I am applying couch logic here and welcome all or any critique as I will not take offence in any way, shape or form.

I do not think this was a planned murder. Also most murders would have some kind of criminal history or background I would presume. Based on interviews in media, many have expressed surprise at who was involved- said they were a nice couple who pretty much kept to themselves. Haven't come across anyone saying 'yera not surprised he was involved'. So what would the motive be? There could be some sordid sex ring for all we know. And BW's character could imply that she is a victim of abuse- but as they all say she was a very careful girl- it could also imply she was just a shy young lady and nothing more.

Now NW and SH were hanging around with DG and AG and look like they were happy enough in pictures. AG is very ill and surely her own son would care about his mother and understand that this would turn her life up side down. If he had the desire to kill someone randomly for whatever reason, I don't see him choosing BW as a likely target.

So I was thinking how could this happen- what theory would make sense or be in fact plausible- taking into account her devices have not been discussed and probably shed a lot more light on the entire thing. So I can see that SH is posting about people not paying back money in a general way. She (we believe) was not working. Comments say she never really left the house etc. We know NW was doing deliveries- I would presume they would not be earning a lot. But the thing is you don't lend someone money unless you have money to lend them in the first place. I very much wonder do drugs play a part in all this. Could NW have been dealing? I mean as a delivery driver he is out and about a good bit- and it is a way to make a bit of extra money so plausible that this is something he may have been involved in.

Now I theorise that one of the things that may have happened is that there was an argument between him and BW or SH and BW while he was there and it got heated and out of control and he hit her and killed her and then panicked. He works out, he could take steroids for all we know- he could have been high at the time. I have zero proof of this but I can see how it could happen. And then because he is a father and looks devoted in pictures with the child- maybe he can not call an ambulance or call the police and admit to manslaughter as he may have a stash in the house, may have been high- right there you have someone take away your child end of. So he panics and goes from there.

The connection to the other 4 is strange. Either he duped them or drugs are involved as well- maybe he asked if he could hide his stash at theirs as his sister is being looked for and his house will be searched? Maybe they did not know or presume there was something more sinister. Or maybe they are his contacts- KD's house is spotless- looks well kept, the child is clean and well dressed- it seems they were not short of money- that being said they do not look like typical drug users either.

Of course, and I contradict my theory again now- if they KNEW what they were trying to conceal- if they played a part in dismembering that poor girls body and were in on the plan to dispose of her- there has to be a deeper involvement and investment. You do not take that risk for nothing or even based on a friendship. MAYBE if the victim had done something unspeakable- like hurting a child or something- then you could maybe understand them assisting NW- but a shy 16 year old girl? And if they have a deeper investment and motivation to help- that means there may be more awful details to come to light.

Of course if the devices are found and with the police right now- it could show premeditation as someone may have contacted her to lure her somewhere for whatever reason. I do note that SH tended to share stuff to throw people off like the white van reference or the 'disappear' text that BW allegedly sent.

Very many theories with very little information. But fair play to the police on this one. Wallace- I would be interested to hear your opinion on where I am going with this all.

Like I said a few pages behind now so if this has already come up- apologies...

I think Becky looks amused in that photo. As if she's about to laugh. But if people are wanting to find hints that she was scared of NM, or disliked him, a family member has posted on Bristol Post FB:

"can I just say one thing quietly and gently...you are right we must wait for the truth to come out BUT.......Becky knew and loved Nathan, I'm sure she would have said he and Shauna were nice people, as would others who knew them.....and look how that is ... just saying.. x x x"

To put that in context, she is responding to people who are saying good things about the other four people charged.

Sorry- I have jumped through a few pages here now and haven't time to catch up on anything properly so forgive me on that.

I am applying couch logic here and welcome all or any critique as I will not take offence in any way, shape or form.

I do not think this was a planned murder. Also most murders would have some kind of criminal history or background I would presume. Based on interviews in media, many have expressed surprise at who was involved- said they were a nice couple who pretty much kept to themselves. Haven't come across anyone saying 'yera not surprised he was involved'. So what would the motive be? There could be some sordid sex ring for all we know. And BW's character could imply that she is a victim of abuse- but as they all say she was a very careful girl- it could also imply she was just a shy young lady and nothing more.

Now NW and SH were hanging around with DG and AG and look like they were happy enough in pictures. AG is very ill and surely her own son would care about his mother and understand that this would turn her life up side down. If he had the desire to kill someone randomly for whatever reason, I don't see him choosing BW as a likely target.

So I was thinking how could this happen- what theory would make sense or be in fact plausible- taking into account her devices have not been discussed and probably shed a lot more light on the entire thing. So I can see that SH is posting about people not paying back money in a general way. She (we believe) was not working. Comments say she never really left the house etc. We know NW was doing deliveries- I would presume they would not be earning a lot. But the thing is you don't lend someone money unless you have money to lend them in the first place. I very much wonder do drugs play a part in all this. Could NW have been dealing? I mean as a delivery driver he is out and about a good bit- and it is a way to make a bit of extra money so plausible that this is something he may have been involved in.

Now I theorise that one of the things that may have happened is that there was an argument between him and BW or SH and BW while he was there and it got heated and out of control and he hit her and killed her and then panicked. He works out, he could take steroids for all we know- he could have been high at the time. I have zero proof of this but I can see how it could happen. And then because he is a father and looks devoted in pictures with the child- maybe he can not call an ambulance or call the police and admit to manslaughter as he may have a stash in the house, may have been high- right there you have someone take away your child end of. So he panics and goes from there.

The connection to the other 4 is strange. Either he duped them or drugs are involved as well- maybe he asked if he could hide his stash at theirs as his sister is being looked for and his house will be searched? Maybe they did not know or presume there was something more sinister. Or maybe they are his contacts- KD's house is spotless- looks well kept, the child is clean and well dressed- it seems they were not short of money- that being said they do not look like typical drug users either.

Of course, and I contradict my theory again now- if they KNEW what they were trying to conceal- if they played a part in dismembering that poor girls body and were in on the plan to dispose of her- there has to be a deeper involvement and investment. You do not take that risk for nothing or even based on a friendship. MAYBE if the victim had done something unspeakable- like hurting a child or something- then you could maybe understand them assisting NW- but a shy 16 year old girl? And if they have a deeper investment and motivation to help- that means there may be more awful details to come to light.

Of course if the devices are found and with the police right now- it could show premeditation as someone may have contacted her to lure her somewhere for whatever reason. I do note that SH tended to share stuff to throw people off like the white van reference or the 'disappear' text that BW allegedly sent.

Very many theories with very little information. But fair play to the police on this one. Wallace- I would be interested to hear your opinion on where I am going with this all.

Not planned [emoji818]

Delivery job pays pin money so did they have another source of income. [emoji818]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne