GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the body was well wrapped in the garden with no noticeable smell, how come a stranger looked over the fence and reported what they saw?

If the body was well wrapped in the garden with no noticeable smell, how come a stranger looked over the fence and reported what they saw?
More to the point - who was looking over the fence and why. I'm wondering if it has been misconstrued again and was actually reported by on the the people living in the flats which overlook their house and garden?

As a teenager growing up my brother and I were always taught never to crap on our own doorstep - I. E don't bring trouble to our home. It wasn't applicable to me as I was a good girl but anyway..

It doesn't take much intelligence to know that dismembering/storing a body for any length of time in your own home isn't the greatest of ideas

Firstly, you've got to live in the property (with your child might I add) after the event. A constant reminder I should have thought

And secondly if found it provides a direct link to you as the dwellers of that property.

So either the individuals are of incredibly low intelligence which they don't seem to be or there was another reason for the body to be stored at BC property. I wonder what this was? Also bearing in mind that there's plenty of open spaces around and JI lives right on the edge of Avonmouth - industrial estate heaven

I have a theory as to why the laptop was removed from BW's house. Having murdered her, NM may have googled 'how to hide body/ dismember body/ hide evidence' and needed to get rid of this evidence, knowing her computer searches would otherwise be discovered when police were called.

Maybe 'looked over the fence isn't literal.
I can 'see over the fence' of my neighbours from each of my upstairs rooms.
If I saw something I would say I saw xxxx happening over the fence.
instead of......
I saw *advertiser censored* happening next door from my upstairs back bedroom which overlooks their garden.

Just a turn of phrase.

Super nosey neighbour.

Usually go by the nickname 'radar'.

Perhaps they saw the occupants going out to check on something and decided to look themselves.

As a teenager growing up my brother and I were always taught never to crap on our own doorstep - I. E don't bring trouble to our home. It wasn't applicable to me as I was a good girl but anyway..

It doesn't take much intelligence to know that dismembering/storing a body for any length of time in your own home isn't the greatest of ideas

Firstly, you've got to live in the property (with your child might I add) after the event. A constant reminder I should have thought

And secondly if found it provides a direct link to you as the dwellers of that property.

So either the individuals are of incredibly low intelligence which they don't seem to be or there was another reason for the body to be stored at BC property. I wonder what this was? Also bearing in mind that there's plenty of open spaces around and JI lives right on the edge of Avonmouth - industrial estate heaven
To me the most puzzling aspect of this whole thing is why on earth they still had the body.

What stopped them dumping the body?

Anyone else notice that SH(P) is getting a harder time than NM both on MSM and social media??? Despite him being the one charged with the actual murder...!!
Wonder why.......maybe because she's a female??
Interesting.....

Wow... A poor girl is brutally murdered and people are using this to push a pro-feminist agenda. Very classy... not.

I have a theory as to why the laptop was removed from BW's house. Having murdered her, NM may have googled 'how to hide body/ dismember body/ hide evidence' and needed to get rid of this evidence, knowing her computer searches would otherwise be discovered when police were called.
But isn't BW's phone and/or tablet missing as well? Unless we are given more info in regards to those missing devices, i can't really subscribe to this theory. I'm not saying it's wrong, but if this person (who took the laptop) took the other device(s)as well.. I can't really imagine why they'd have to take more than one device if all they wanted to do was search the internet. JMO [emoji4]

If I recall correctly, another Bristol murderer Vincent Tabak, travelled over the Clifton suspension bridge to dump Jo Yeats' body and was captured on CCTV footage there. It was very prominent in the news at that time, so perhaps the perps in this case felt stuck and enclosed by the possibility of CCTV capturing any vehicle linked to them, and had to store the body temporarily until a way of transporting it without being traced could be arranged. Jmo.

Different bags comment perhaps? Read the other article in the Bristol Post, the one that talks about 30 bags.

Perhaps it should be clarified that this refers to a different case, and has nothing to do with the fate of Becky Watts.

Dumping the body would presumably involve a car, a journey, planning, tying them to this crime more definitively. Perhaps they were hoping that a member of the public would spot the remains or if not, they would act as though the remains had simply turned up in the garden.

But isn't BW's phone and/or tablet missing as well? Unless we are given more info in regards to those missing devices, i can't really subscribe to this theory. I'm not saying it's wrong, but if this person (who took the laptop) took the other device(s)as well.. I can't really imagine why they'd have to take more than one device if all they wanted to do was search the internet. JMO [emoji4]

The phone will have been taken by NM to make it look as though she left the house with it. As for the tablet, I only remember reading that it may have been missing?

Super nosey neighbour.

Usually go by the nickname 'radar'.

Perhaps they saw the occupants going out to check on something and decided to look themselves.

I would be inclined to think along those lines...... Just being able to see * over the fence * into someone else's garden would not surely arouse your suspicions - unless there was suddenly a large amount of bags on display....
maybe it was the activity surrounding the bags that was seen, and someone felt the need to investigate.

which leads me on to ........... admittedly I am more rural than Barton Court, but if I had left anything out in a bag, overnight, I can guarantee it would have been inspected by * nightlife of the animal variety * by morning.

To me the most puzzling aspect of this whole thing is why on earth they still had the body.

What stopped them dumping the body?

I think your earlier posts, re painting himself/themselves into a corner is very appropriate. My theory is that whatever happened was unforseen and unplanned ( or maybe I just hope it was, as being the least horrendous thought for me ) and a state of panic ensued following the act.
It has been said on here before, there were plenty of suitable disposal places within the area, places where a body would most likely never have been found.

Edited to add ........... even allowing for CCTV, which is very prevalent around Barton Hill/Barton Court ......... NM could have arranged to do his usual evening job, giving a reason for his car to be departing BH in the evening ........and then met up with another person/car, somewhere out of the way of CCTV and organised the disposal from there ?

The phone will have been taken by NM to make it look as though she left the house with it. As for the tablet, I only remember reading that it may have been missing?
That makes sense. He could've thought it would make it look like BW ran away or was abducted when she went out.
I'm also unsure if the tablet's missing. I may have read it earlier, but i can't be certain. I used to think maybe there's something in those devices that were important for them to have been taken. But i haven't read anything lately that would suggest i was right. Either the LE have stopped looking for them or just aren't releasing info, it seems.

Apologies - poor wording by me. I should have said 'indicate' rather than prove.

The intention of my original post was to ponder what made the LE think that NM had kidnapped RW. There must have been something pointing specifically towards RW being taken. IMO.

Fair enough.

Clearly, A&SC must have had some grounds for believing that RW had not left the property of her own free will. Their search of the property may well have revealed some forensic traces that provided said grounds, or it might have been something else.

It's possible that the post-mortem ( I presume there will be one) may well establish a COD that will shed some more light.

Sorry can someone point to where the info about Becky being found in the garden is please? The MSM I've read refers to her being found in the house rather than stating the garden.

I still believe the others arrested had reason to help dispose of Becky. I love my friends but I don't love them that much that I'd help them dispose of a body if they came knocking. I believe the incriminating proof was on the devices. I also believe the motive was sexual in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne