GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe SH knew from the get go that NM killed Becky and that the "perverting justice" charge is because she lied to save his butt not because she thought he was innocent and gave him an alibi.

I am outraged.

I believe SH knew from the get go that NM killed Becky and that the "perverting justice" charge is because she lied to save his butt not because she thought he was innocent and gave him an alibi.

I am outraged.

I think something happened that Wednesday. I think SH sent the text message, the only things that SH(P) shared on facebook were links that made it seem like she had run away rather than being kidnapped/murdered. Something happened that Wednesday that triggered what came the next day IMO.

I am outraged.

I have been thinking it is more than lying to save his butt, IDK but would you sit being questioned on suspicion of kidnapping then murder for 96 hours, when you have a small child to care for? I think it might be more than that. Wouldn't you at some point say "OK I lied"? I know it's possible but... IDK Kinda hard to see into a mind of someone who may not think like you think they should.

The stepbrother of 16-year-old Becky Watts showed no emotion today as he appeared in court charged with her murder.

During the one-minute hearing, unshaven Matthews spoke only to confirm his name, address date of birth.

The court clerk told him: "You are charged that between February 18 and March 1 in Bristol that you murdered Rebecca Watts."

District Judge Lynne Matthews told the court: "As we all know, this case will have to go to the Crown Court.

"I cannot entertain any application for bail this morning and thus I will remand you in custody until tomorrow."

No details of the case against him were revealed to the court and he did not enter a plea to the single murder charge.

Interesting, February 18th - Wednesday

ETA: But the charge sheet says differently doesn't it, confused?

But being held without bail suggests a level of seriousness. Having 'consistently' lied to police about this, I doubt that she will be allowed to parent the child for a while. She failed to protect her child from the unfolding events, in fact chose to protect the offender.

May have already been mentioned, playing catch-up at the moment, but it's quite likely that it's for her own safety aswell.

Just reading some of the wording again....

a series of acts which had a tendency to pervert the course of justice

Think I can now see where intended to pervert the course of justice came from

Plus if something had 'triggered' events on thursday then I think SH would be on a much bigger charge

I have been thinking it is more than lying to save his butt, IDK but would you sit being questioned on suspicion of kidnapping then murder for 96 hours, when you have a small child to care for? I think it might be more than that. Wouldn't you at some point say "OK I lied"? I know it's possible but... IDK Kinda hard to see into a mind of someone who may not think like you think they should.

IMO I am sure that she did more than just lie or provide a false alibi. I think she had knowledge of what had happened and I think she took physical steps to cover for NM. I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that more charges are forthcoming. Once LE gets finished with the other 5 that they currently are questioning it could very well be that more information will come to light. Clearly LE does not believe she was there for the actual murder but she's quite involved and more than we know.

As I said earlier, this is entirely MOO.

The stepbrother of 16-year-old Becky Watts showed no emotion today as he appeared in court charged with her murder.

During the one-minute hearing, unshaven Matthews spoke only to confirm his name, address date of birth.

The court clerk told him: "You are charged that between February 18 and March 1 in Bristol that you murdered Rebecca Watts."

District Judge Lynne Matthews told the court: "As we all know, this case will have to go to the Crown Court.

"I cannot entertain any application for bail this morning and thus I will remand you in custody until tomorrow."

No details of the case against him were revealed to the court and he did not enter a plea to the single murder charge.

ETA2: yep further down the article, duh

According to the charge sheet, Matthews is charged with the "murder of a person aged one year or older, namely between February 19 and March 3, murdered Rebecca Watts".

I'd be very interested to learn if Becky's phone and laptop had been found :^

Thanks Skibaboo, you explained my thinking better than I did !

Even if she lied only to give him an alibi, without knowing what he had done, wouldnt her mind have gone into overdrive, wondering what kind of alibi she had now given, when, after 2.5 days detention, she then had a suspicion of murder arrest put to her.

I'd be very interested to learn if Becky's phone and laptop had been found :^
Same here. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it seemed to me her missing gadgets seems to have been forgotten in light of the developments. I admit i didn't read all of the link posted, but that's how it appears to me.

Slightly off the main topic, but the different artists impressions in the DM article do vary a bit !

FWIW, here are the two charges Maxine Carr faced: conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and assisting an offender. Both charges seem to be essentially for the same act, the false alibi, except that the first is in conspiracy with Huntley, and the second depends on her knowing or believing that he'd committed the murder. Random bolding mine!

Ian Kevin Huntley and Maxine Ann Carr: Conspiracy to pervert the course of Justice.
On divers days between the 3rd day of August 2002 and the 18th day of August 2002, with intent to pervert the course of public justice, conspired together to do a series of acts which had a tendency to pervert the course of public justice in that they agreed that they would falsely maintain to the police and/or to other persons that the said Maxine Ann Carr was in Soham in Cambridgeshire on the 4th day of August 2002 and on the 5th day of August 2002 and therefore able to corroborate the account of the said Ian Kevin Huntley as to his activities during the said two days.

Maxine Ann Carr: Assisting an offender.
Ian Kevin Huntley having committed an arrestable offence, namely the murder of Jessica Aimee Chapman, Maxine Ann Carr between the 3rd day of August 2002 and the 18th day of August 2002, knowing or believing that the said Ian Kevin Huntley had committed the said offence or some other arrestable offence, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse provided false accounts of her own whereabouts and the activities and whereabouts of the said Ian Kevin Huntley on the 4th day of August 2002 and the 5th day of August 2002 for the said Ian Kevin Huntley, with intent to impede the apprehension or prosecution of the said Ian Kevin Huntley.

Funny you should say that, while looking into sentences for perverting the course of justice I was reading about Maxine Carr, she provided an alibi for Huntley, knowing it to be false but so far as I'm aware believing at that time, that he wasn't involved, she was stupid but with the aid of the press was made into a monster. It's almost as if the biological fact of having a uterus and especially one that has produced a child, should somehow make it worse - how could a woman do such a thing!? If a brother or close male friend had done the same many people will say 'Ooh he was just showing loyalty' ... i'll shut up now, I know I'm rambling [emoji9]

Society is full of double standards where men and women are concerned. The only way this will change, IMO, is to ensure the today's children are raised believing double standards are not okay, despite what they see and live with in today's world. No small task, by any means; parenting and mentoring youth today is full of challenges.

I feel it's far more difficult to wrap our minds around such a horrendous crime when a woman is involved, especially if that woman is a mother. As mothers, it's in our nature to protect and nurture our children. I will even go as far to say, IMO, many have this same instinct for other's children. This can seriously complicate things when trying to process and gain some semblance of understanding in an event such as this.

Individually, we are all here to help others who are in need. But as individuals, each of us bring our own experiences each case for the greater good. All, JMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, apparently he was being guarded by Tom Hanks...

*chuckles* Guest appearance? The guard in the pic by the other artist has stubble and a mustache. They're supposed to be the same person....

Jonkay01

Officers granted more time to question 5 people arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in Becky Watts investigation.

The court clerk told him: "You are charged that between February 18 and March

ETA2: yep further down the article, duh

According to the charge sheet, Matthews is charged with the "murder of a person aged one year or older, namely between February 19 and March 3, murdered Rebecca Watts".

Hi I've been reading this thread but haven't commented on it yet!

I just wondered where did we get the info that the step mother saw her on the 19th? Did she say that through the police? I remember something about just hearing her door and we seem to know now other people were there too. Do we have actual quotes that she saw her or was that just speculation? I also seem to remember something about the step mum saying she was moody and didn't talk to her that day, does anyone else remember this? The other people in the house might have been the step-brother etc and they might have said they were bringing her home (if she stayed at theirs the night before) and the step mum might have just taken their word for it. Obviously all just speculation but it makes the 'no one would miss me' text on the 18th seem even more suspicious...

(I hope these thought are ok to post! I'm not really sure so please let me know and please edit if need be!)

siobhan robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 4m4 minutes ago
Police get extra 24 hrs to question 5 people arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the Becky Watts investigation

https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member