GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also read that Becky's father had been to identify her. Perhaps, as Edgedweller says, he only had to confirm personal items found with her body. Poor man.

As Becky's body has now been released for burial, does this then mean that the defence team will not be requesting a further post mortem ? And is this in turn a sign of a guilty plea ? ( ie, if NM was going to plead not guilty, then wouldnt his team need to do their own PM and wouldnt this have to happen after the case management hearing ? )

I could be wrong here but I thought that the initial PM had to be done as soon as possible and a report provided within 14 days which is copied to the defence in the case that someone has been charged in connection with the death. The coroner can retain the body for a further 14 days following receipt of the report to allow the defence to conduct their own PM or at least make arrangements for one to be done.

It may be that no COD could be determined in which case what would be the point of a defence PM? Or a defence PM could have happened and we don't know about it. So I don't think, at this point anything can be inferred regarding how NM will plead.

I did find it strange that yesterday's news said that her body was identified through DNA, whereas I thought her father had identified her. Not sure where I read that.....who can remember? This makes me wonder (awful) how many body parts there were, and how damaged they were too.

I don't find it strange at all. There is no way LE would let family members see a dismembered 11 day old corpse! I assumed that he had identified something belonging to her, clothing or jewellery, and that it's simply a turn of phrase.

I don't find it strange at all. There is no way LE would let family members see a dismembered 11 day old corpse! I assumed that he had identified something belonging to her, clothing or jewellery, and that it's simply a turn of phrase.

I don't know if she had any birthmarks or tattoos, but any such thing can be photographed and used to confirm ID via the photos.

I was reading the Bristol Post's stories about Becky on Facebook yesterday and found the comments interesting. One person asked why would he have killed her and someone replied 'Jealousy might have to do with it' and 5 people 'liked' this including a friend of Becky's. I think NM is too old to be jealous of Becky having more of his mother's attention than him so I am wondering if there has been some sort of relationship between BW and NM and he has become jealous about her boyfriend? Or maybe he was obsessed with her. I don't know. It's just so hard to fathom.

I could be wrong here but I thought that the initial PM had to be done as soon as possible and a report provided within 14 days which is copied to the defence in the case that someone has been charged in connection with the death. The coroner can retain the body for a further 14 days following receipt of the report to allow the defence to conduct their own PM or at least make arrangements for one to be done.

It may be that no COD could be determined in which case what would be the point of a defence PM? Or a defence PM could have happened and we don't know about it. So I don't think, at this point anything can be inferred regarding how NM will plead.

I was probably just being overly hopeful that perhaps NM would plead guilty and spare Becky's family having to go through a trial....

I was also thinking of cases where the defence have asked for a second PM at a late stage in the proceedings, but I agree that in this case, it is very possible - if no COD has been found - that the defence have accepted the initial PM findings and would not see any point in asking for another PM.
Either that, or as you say they have done one that we do not know about ( yet ).

Newbie here!! I've been following this case with interest and sheer shock, that such a big group would be involved in dismembering poor Becky's body, it's got me thinking NM wasn't rich he worked as a takeaway delivery driver, so monetary reward couldn't be motive. Did becky know something about the group? Was she sexually abused by them? It must be pretty serious for them to help NM.

Thoughts for Becky's father and mother and all her family tomorrow xx

She had such a lovely family who have been such a good support for each other through this. I hope they get through today with strength. I can't stop thinking about them.

06Lo1t.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Becky-Watts/1558337961081507?fref=nf

Beautiful. RIP Becky :rose:

Her funeral looked beautiful. I wasn't aware B had suffered from anorexia growing up - it can be very prevalent in young women being abused (not saying she was - just it could tie in to NM possibly having abused her and subsequently suffocating her in the process). She is especially in my thoughts today.

Her story really touches my heart. She was shy and had no confidence. At primary school her stepmother had to stay with her. Then she had anorexia after other schoolchildren teased her about her weight. She sounds like a lovely girl who helped other children settle in later on despite her shyness.

I feel very sorry for her mum today. Seems she is only attending the private funeral and although I appreciate this may be her choice, she does not seem to have been very involved in her only daughter's funeral.

I feel very sorry for her mum today. Seems she is only attending the private funeral and although I appreciate this may be her choice, she does not seem to have been very involved in her only daughter's funeral.

I think she was there because I've seen a photo of Becky's dad holding a dove with a lady and it's not Anjie. The lady below wearing black does have a resemblance to Becky.

tanya.jpg

there could be many reasons why she is only attending the private funeral
seeing the hearse, especially when is a child, makes such feeling of loss for what might have been very strong

I think she was there because I've seen a photo of Becky's dad holding a dove with a lady and it's not Anjie. The lady below wearing black does have a resemblance to Becky.

View attachment 73276

From the DM article above it looks like she didn't attend...

BBM

Speaking of the girl's mother, Tanya, who did not attend the funeral service, Ms Watts continued: 'She said if she'd been run over or killed by a stranger (then) you might be d able to come to terms with it more.'

<snip>

Becky's mother did not attend the public service at St Ambrose Church in Whitehall this morning. The 47-year-old is understood to have attended a private family burial this afternoon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ristol-funeral-16-year-old.html#ixzz3Xa63oVXV

Poor, poor child. A life just gone, how do these things happen. What torture her family must be going through. I send them all thoughts of love and healing but I don't expect they will ever come to terms with this tragedy. These things touch every one of us near or far. Fly high Becky on your journey to eternity. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball