GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how it could be her. I think it's possible that she admitted to having lied about NM's whereabouts at some point but if she had said anything at all about knowing what had happened to BW wouldn't she also be charged with assisting an offender?

I have also pondered over this one.....could it be the Police gave her a lighter charge because she gave them all the details they requested?

Or as Avarixe just suggested, he may have been ashamed?

I can't see it, I think it's more arrogance than shame though I would love to be wrong. I guess unless we were there to see the expression etc it's hard to know.

I can't see it, I think it's more arrogance than shame though I would love to be wrong. I guess unless we were there to see the expression etc it's hard to know.

I wonder if he might be planning on implicating her further in his defence. Asking for her to be removed and showing anger his way of trying to support his point that she is in some way to blame for things and being let off.

Also the order that they are not allowed to communicate. This snippet of information will undoubtedly be fed back to SP via the prison populous and this will be sending her a clear message. A prepared secret signal? An abusive man making it clear she is dead to him and has a long way to go to make it up to him? I don't Know. Just my thoughts.

I wonder if he might be planning on implicating her further in his defence. Asking for her to be removed and showing anger his way of trying to support his point that she is in some way to blame for things and being let off.

Also the order that they are not allowed to communicate. This snippet of information will undoubtedly be fed back to SP via the prison populous and this will be sending her a clear message. A prepared secret signal? An abusive man making it clear she is dead to him and has a long way to go to make it up to him? I don't Know. Just my thoughts.

Hmm, interesting thoughts and all quite possible. I don't really know why but I feel SH may have (in NM's mind) been part of the motive to harm Becky or his reasoning. I have no real evidence to back this theory but I don't see SH as any kind of victim in it. Am interested as to why she has been given a lesser charge than the other 4 and wonder if the evidence Police have may alter charges in the future. Will be good to get to the plea hearing and see what road they are all planning to take. I hope that the truth comes out for the sake of DG/AG I cannot begin to imagine how they can move on from this, it is heartbreaking!

Lots of photos of the family and friends from the fundraising walk they did the other day on Facebook and Bristol Post site. Good to see DG and AG able to smile and feel the support around them. Beckys uncle said they plan to set up a foundation to help other families in similar situations so guess that's probably what's keeping them going at the minute.

On another note I wonder why the Donovan brothers weren't at court or on video link?

Sorry if it's been posted... is the plea date the same as the proposed October trial date?

Recorder of Bristol Neil Ford will hold a plea hearing on August 4.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-step-brother-accused-murder-5404542

A plea hearing has been set for August 4, with a provisional trial date of October 5.
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/national/11886935.Family_s__hell__since_Becky_murder/

Also from above link, DG and AG due to return home in the near future

"It's been hell, absolute hell. Luckily it has all drawn to a close now and we might be able to go home next week.

Hi, I'm new here but have been reading this thread for a few weeks. I have found this crime so upsetting and shocking. Especially as everything I've seen such as photos from Becky's dad's wedding shows NM looking so normal. Some on here say they saw loads of the wedding photos on Facebook but I can't find them. Does anyone know where I can see them?

Hi, I'm new here but have been reading this thread for a few weeks. I have found this crime so upsetting and shocking. Especially as everything I've seen such as photos from Becky's dad's wedding shows NM looking so normal. Some on here say they saw loads of the wedding photos on Facebook but I can't find them. Does anyone know where I can see them?

I believe these photos have now been made private or deleted.

And funeral confirmed too. Finally they can lay her to rest.

Here is a bit more information on the charges relating to those charged, if anyone has not seen them yet.

Matthews, of Warmley, South Gloucestershire, appeared at Bristol Crown Court on March 26, along with five others charged in connection with the death.

His girlfriend, Shauna Hoare, 21, of Cotton Mill Lane, Bristol, is accused of perverting the course of justice by lying to police.

Jaydene Parsons, 23, James Ireland, and Karl and Donovan Demetrius, both 29, are accused of helping dispose of and conceal Becky's body parts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...entified-DNA-inquest-hears.html#ixzz3Wk3u9KuQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I did find it strange that yesterday's news said that her body was identified through DNA, whereas I thought her father had identified her. Not sure where I read that.....who can remember? This makes me wonder (awful) how many body parts there were, and how damaged they were too.

I'm sure it would be too traumatic for her father to identify her. Also, possibly it wasn't possible as it had probably been 11 days since her death. Although I thought I had read something her step-grandmother wrote about him identifying her.

Perhaps he was called in to confirm some belongings that were on her body (jewellery?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also read that Becky's father had been to identify her. Perhaps, as Edgedweller says, he only had to confirm personal items found with her body. Poor man.

As Becky's body has now been released for burial, does this then mean that the defence team will not be requesting a further post mortem ? And is this in turn a sign of a guilty plea ? ( ie, if NM was going to plead not guilty, then wouldnt his team need to do their own PM and wouldnt this have to happen after the case management hearing ? )

It's possible that she was initially identified by dna and then her Dad went to see her after that.
It was definitely stated by the family that Dad was going to identify her the same day that NM was in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro