GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: has a definitive motive for this horrible crime been concretely established?

The police and the lawyers may know, but nothing like that will be made public until the trial, assuming there will be one.

Does anyone know what the hearing will be and what might happen at the court hearing on 26th March? I know all 6 suspects will be there (possibly by video).

I keep reading that her body was found in an abandoned building close by the NM & SH's home. Could a shed count as abandoned?

I keep reading that her body was found in an abandoned building close by the NM & SH's home. Could a shed count as abandoned?
Where are you reading that? The only things I've read have been speculation on fb saying she was found in their shed. Purely speculation thou but if that's the case I wouldn't say that counts as abandoned.

Court date set for October 5 for NM - but cant see anything re the other 5 ?

My mistake - it is provisional trial date set for October 5 -

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-Watts-Trial-held-Bristol-October/story-26236798-detail/story.html

A trial into the alleged murder of teenager Becky Watts could take place in Bristol as early as October 5.

Four people appeared at Bristol Crown Court earlier today for a preliminary hearing into the case.

Becky's stepbrother Nathan Matthews, 28, of Hazelbury Drive in Warmley appeared via video link charged with the 16-year-old's murder.
<modsnip>

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-26236798-detail/story.html#ixzz3VUPHxKQK
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

A trial into the alleged murder of teenager Becky Watts could take place in Bristol as early as October 5.
[...]
William Mousley QC told the court it was the prosecution's intention that all six defendants would be jointly tried.
[...]
He said "Because of the scale of the investigation the Crown is of the view we can't serve the prosecution case until the middle of June so a plea and case management hearing is unlikely before the early part of July."
[...]
A plea and case management hearing is to be set for some time in August.
[...]
The Judge told the defendants that the earlier guilty pleas were entered, the greater the credit would be.
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-26236798-detail/story.html#ixzz3VUPA6fBH

Thanks for the update guys. Do we know if anyone tried to apply for bail? I was hoping we'd get a snippet more of information but I guess that will be it now til at least August. Nice to see the Family there as a voice for Becky! It's going to be such a long process for them all to go through. It must be awful having to just 'wait' for Justice to come before they can finally start to re-build their lives!:thinking:

Thanks for the update guys. Do we know if anyone tried to apply for bail? I was hoping we'd get a snippet more of information but I guess that will be it now til at least August. Nice to see the Family there as a voice for Becky! It's going to be such a long process for them all to go through. It must be awful having to just 'wait' for Justice to come before they can finally start to re-build their lives!:thinking:

I couldnt see any more info , other than the small snippets you and me and Clio have posted here.

I did get a bit confused trying to work out who was actually in court and who was via video link. In the end I think it was only JI who was there in person, all the others were video link.
I understand ( from reading elsewhere ) that NM is now in a different location to the other 3 males.

Definately very good to hear that the family were there, as Becky's voice. They do sound like a wonderful family.

Interesting the judge's comment re the earlier a guilty plea is entered the better it will be for each of them.... so is the Case Management Hearing the first time they are able to enter a plea ?

I couldnt see any more info , other than the small snippets you and me and Clio have posted here.

I did get a bit confused trying to work out who was actually in court and who was via video link. In the end I think it was only JI who was there in person, all the others were video link.
I understand ( from reading elsewhere ) that NM is now in a different location to the other 3 males.

Definately very good to hear that the family were there, as Becky's voice. They do sound like a wonderful family.

Interesting the judge's comment re the earlier a guilty plea is entered the better it will be for each of them.... so is the Case Management Hearing the first time they are able to enter a plea ?

I think so yes, though I guess their Solicitors may have told Court if they were determined to get a plea of guilty in from day 1.
I am wondering if the 4 are going to all go for a Guilty plea but say, it was poor judgement only and they did nothing 'knowingly'.
One of my theories is that the parts were put on the property, they heard the Police were searching and looking in the area, so they looked, found the parts, possibly moved them to see what they were and then called Police.
I only wonder that as there are so many from their neighbourhood supporting them and saying "Wait for the truth before judging"....I really don't understand why any one of them would have risked their own freedom and two having kids. It just doesn't add up! JMOO

BIB

None of the lawyers representing the six made an application for bail

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ts-six-people-appear-in-bristol-court-hearing

I did get a bit confused trying to work out who was actually in court and who was via video link. In the end I think it was only JI who was there in person, all the others were video link.I understand ( from reading elsewhere ) that NM is now in a different location to the other 3 males.

BIB
Matthews and Hoare both appeared at Bristol crown court for an administrative hearing via videolink from Long Lartin prison in Worcestershire and Eastwood Park in Gloucestershire respectively
[...]
Only Ireland appeared in person in court. Parsons also appeared via videolink from Eastwood Park, sitting next to Hoare. The Demetrius brothers were to appear later.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ts-six-people-appear-in-bristol-court-hearing

I think JI, KD & DD are in Ford prison. Any idea why JI was there in person and the D brothers didn't even appear on video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme