GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, Wallace. I'm sure people have come across far, far more upsetting comments on other internet sites than anything posted here. It's the downside of the internet, and frankly it's best avoided if you are in a sensitive and vulnerable state.

Thank you and Wallace, sorry just caught up. I was ONLY discussing SH's personality and that was quite clear when reading back. I would hate to 'hurt' any of the victim's Family or friends and am mindful of posts. But yes, this is a forum to discuss crime and especially murders. It is also not a site that you just fall upon and thanks to the great moderators and rules it stays as factual as possible.

It's is mostly based on her posts on FB and the Police saying she has 'consistently' lied....Doesn't make for quiet/timid type, could well be wrong or maybe she is just confident with NM at her side.

I guess it depends on when the alleged consistent lying happened. I wouldn't have thought they would be questioned together after being arrested.

It's is mostly based on her posts on FB and the Police saying she has 'consistently' lied....Doesn't make for quiet/timid type, could well be wrong or maybe she is just confident with NM at her side.

Oh I dunno. People can tell lies without being shouty and bolshie. Sounds like she was just sticking to her story, whatever it was.

Oh I dunno. People can tell lies without being shouty and bolshie. Sounds like she was just sticking to her story, whatever it was.

True, and if she truly believed whatever NM told her, I guess she was just standing by her man. It's a hard lesson she's learning if she was just naiive!

Just wondering do we know anything more about NM's character? I was thinking today of the Jayden Parkinson case and her control freak boyfriend. Could NM have been controlling BW and she tried to stand up to him? I just don't see it as sexual but I know most think it probably was based on previous cases. Any more theories ir are we waiting for the next day on Court? :thinking:

Just wondering do we know anything more about NM's character? I was thinking today of the Jayden Parkinson case and her control freak boyfriend. Could NM have been controlling BW and she tried to stand up to him? I just don't see it as sexual but I know most think it probably was based on previous cases. Any more theories ir are we waiting for the next day on Court? :thinking:

This is probably way out but there could have been some mutual attraction leading to something consensual between them, which might have then caused trouble since he had a partner and child. I expect I'll get shot down in flames for the suggestion, but I remember at that age having a crush on an older distant cousin. Never came to anything because we rarely saw them, but if he had looked my way who knows what might have happened.

This is probably way out but there could have been some mutual attraction leading to something consensual between them, which might have then caused trouble since he had a partner and child. I expect I'll get shot down in flames for the suggestion, but I remember at that age having a crush on an older distant cousin. Never came to anything because we rarely saw them, but if he had looked my way who knows what might have happened.

I have considered this myself. I also remember at that age being impressed by older lads....and most of the older lads love the attention and can become arrogant and cocky which would cause obvious upset to a girlfriend and possible rows.
I don't see this as pre-med either, whatever happened caused major panic to NM, he perhaps just lashed out in a rage of some kind and he didn't think anything through, time ran out for him....

It's a shame as this thread is silent now as people are scared to cause upset. I'm sure most of us are only trying to look at it from an 'investigation' point of view not throw wild accusations or insult. I want Justice for BW and all her loved ones. Hopefully it will be another 'Whole Life' sentence! MOO

Well I do think that something sexual happened in BW's home, just going by her fathers mention of he TOTM. This is key to me, and since NM has not been charged with rape (I don't think) then what are we supposed to imagine?

I don't think it's way out there at all. I had considered the possibility myself. I certainly remember having crushes on close family friends etc. Nothing ever came of them but they were there. It's a possibility. If there had been some type of relationship, the tipping point could have been the new relationship with the boyfriend. Lots of possibilities with this theory.

Well I do think that something sexual happened in BW's home, just going by her fathers mention of he TOTM. This is key to me, and since NM has not been charged with rape (I don't think) then what are we supposed to imagine?

Just because he hasn't been charged with a sexual offence doesn't mean he won't be. DNA evidence has to be processed and that can take a long time, autopsy will be difficult etc. There is always the possibility of additional charges once the evidence is thoroughly examined.

It may also be that even if there is a sexual or other element to a case that although it will be discussed during the trial, the accused may not be formally charged with that individual offence (if that makes sense)

Today must be a particularly difficult day for AG it was nice to see family supporting her today, saying that she had brought Becky up from being 3 years old and that to be called her Step mum may be biologically correct but emotionally, she was Becky's Mum.

It's a shame as this thread is silent now as people are scared to cause upset. I'm sure most of us are only trying to look at it from an 'investigation' point of view not throw wild accusations or insult. I want Justice for BW and all her loved ones. Hopefully it will be another 'Whole Life' sentence! MOO

The problem is there's absolutely no way to discuss something like this without it being upsetting so naturally people have stopped talking. I imagine it'll stay that way.

The problem is there's absolutely no way to discuss something like this without it being upsetting so naturally people have stopped talking. I imagine it'll stay that way.
Also. There's only so many times you can go over the same old stuff. We know nothing new so all we can do now is wait ...

I don't think we need to stop talking, I've seen many a family member or loved one take part in threads themselves, and thanked us for our help and concern for their loved one, and our messages of support. WS is a victim friendly forum, it is very important that we think of the family, as they are victims too, and not be mean or personal in our words, I think that is what Tricia means, to remember family are victims too and show them the respect they deserve. If anyone steps over the line the mods will swiftly take care of it, but we can help them out by thinking before we hit the post button.

I don't intend to stop posting when I have something to say, to stop talking about this heinous crime, and what happened to sweet Becky would be like sweeping it under the carpet, Becky deserves more than that. Of course it is upsetting, and like Wallace said, if you are a close loved one WS is probably not the best place to read whilst the emotions are so raw, but some have been known to have found solace in it, we never know and cannot help that. If nobody talked about upsetting crime WS would not exist, and I for one know that if I were ever to fall foul, I'd be very glad it does!

My heart aches for AG today :( I can't imagine the pain she must be going through. Hug your kids and Mums tight today!

Could be, I just don't see it. I think the 'TOTM' post was literally sheer panic and worry, his mind was working overtime trying to figure out what had happened and I think he was going frantic and as any Dad would imagining the awful fates. I also think it may be that NM & SH were there feigning concern and possibly planting seeds in his head. When you look at SH FB posts you will see she has 'shared' all the posts that send the investigation looking elsewhere. I cannot begin to imagine the pain he is in now, not to mention the betrayal he must feel, poor man.

I don't think we need to stop talking, I've seen many a family member or loved one take part in threads themselves, and thanked us for our help and concern for their loved one, and our messages of support. WS is a victim friendly forum, it is very important that we think of the family, as they are victims too, and not be mean or personal in our words, I think that is what Tricia means, to remember family are victims too and show them the respect they deserve. If anyone steps over the line the mods will swiftly take care of it, but we can help them out by thinking before we hit the post button.

I don't intend to stop posting when I have something to say, to stop talking about this heinous crime, and what happened to sweet Becky would be like sweeping it under the carpet, Becky deserves more than that. Of course it is upsetting, and like Wallace said, if you are a close loved one WS is probably not the best place to read whilst the emotions are so raw, but some have been known to have found solace in it, we never know and cannot help that. If nobody talked about upsetting crime WS would not exist, and I for one know that if I were ever to fall foul, I'd be very glad it does!

My heart aches for AG today :( I can't imagine the pain she must be going through. Hug your kids and Mums tight today!

Very well said, Thank you. I feel the same and yes. I have been thinking of AG today, it really is a tragedy, especially as the poor woman is not well either. So glad the family are all their to support both her and DG. I truly hope they get Justice as quickly as possible so they can begin the process of re-building their lives.

I completely agree with this. I have not posted much in the last week or so, mainly because I have no new ideas to add.

We may have more information when the next hearing takes place on March 26 - or perhaps not. Other than that, possibly nothing new until the trial begins.

Totally agree with this.

I have been thinking about how I might feel if this had happened to someone in my family or to a close friend. I have also been thinking why someone close would come here to read about it.

I would want to know why??? What could possibly explain something so terrible happening? Any trial is likely to be a way off yet so for that reason I might visit a site like this. To look at what other people think might have happened. Something that might help me to have an explanation of sorts, anything to try and make sense of this seemingly senseless tragedy.

A while ago a close friend’s husband committed suicide. I knew him well and I couldn’t understand why he would do such a thing. Initially I was so angry with him. For wasting his own life and for hurting her so badly. I spent quite a while visiting suicide related sites as a result. I know it’s not the same but I can sort of understand how it might give solace. And if it doesn't help or is too upsetting then people have a choice to not read here.

I thought that the family would have already had things explained to them, I did not realise that they know nothing or the same as Joe Public and are also awaiting the trial to get clarity.
To be honest, the Internet is never a good place to come when one is in a bad way. A bit like illness, and Google not being your friend. In these instances the family of the victim and the alleged perpetrators would be well advised to steer clear of sites like this. As members of the public we are entitled to discuss our thoughts on matters like this and nobody has been disrespectful of anyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro