GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope I have caused no pain to Becky's family. I stand with them 100% and fully apologise if anything I have said has caused them any upset. My heart, and I think everybody else's here, goes out to them.

Dear Websleuths Members,

Your words have power.

It's easy for all of us to forget because we are sitting behind our computer screen or using our phone/iPad and we are far removed from the actual events we comment on here on Websleuths.

Your words have POWER.

The last thing Rebecca's family thought they would be dealing with is her horrific death. In addition to losing Rebecca they now come on the Internet and have to read hurtful comments posted by people they don't know from all over the world.

Dealing with Rebecca's death AND the Internet. It is brutal.

I heard from someone connected to the Rebecca Watts case. Seems some family and friends of Rebecca read here and they have been devastated by some of the personal and mean things posted.

When you comment on how someone looks or post some off-handed comment about their clothing it hurts. When you make harsh comments about anyone connected to this case it hurts.

I need you to do something, before you hit "post reply" read your post and ask yourself if what you are posting helps the conversation move forward. Ask yourself if someone said about your loved one what you are about to post would you like it?

Please, put yourself in the shoes of the real human beings involved in Rebecca's case and ask yourself whether your post will help or hurt.

Think about it.

Tricia

Totally agree. The Family and friends of Rebecca deserve respect. I can only imagine the pain they are in and think that the Family/Friends have set a great example of unity and dignity during this awful time. I think the majority of us here all agree and want nothing more than Justice for Rebecca and whoever is involved to face the full force of the law.

I'm not sure that NM threatened all the others, but it is possible that he asked others to get rid of evidence in their bins (on bin day), maybe his collection day was too far away and he needed to get the bags out quickly. They all thought this was foolproof, but the police closed in quicker than expected and caught them all red handed.

NM knew they may come to his place since he was present when Becky went missing, so he called on his 'Bros'. Misguided loyalty is the absolutely nicest term I can use to explain such lunacy on the part of the friends.

BBM Yes, I think you have a good point. The Police immediately after the find began collecting and searching every bin in the vicinity. I can't help thinking that NM was cornered and knew the clock was ticking. It felt like there was a big gust of wind the day before arrest. I guess that was possibly evidence in the Car that joined NM to the crime. I think he had something else planned for disposal but as the Police were closing in his choices were restricted so this was the only way. Put evidence into the refuse system which was due for collection imminently. Thank God, BW was found as I think that would have just made things even harder for the Family to grieve.

Is it possible that SH's charges were lessened because she had co-operated (finally) with the Police? I'm not sure what kind of deals can be made on these type of cases, so if anyone knows?

Is it possible that SH's charges were lessened because she had co-operated (finally) with the Police? I'm not sure what kind of deals can be made on these type of cases, so if anyone knows?

I can't imagine a deal being put in place for this kind of case, maybe tho! I genuinely believe SH had no knowledge what NM had done but rather lied to police that he was with her at a specific time, maybe the day RW went missing perhaps...

I can't imagine a deal being put in place for this kind of case, maybe tho! I genuinely believe SH had no knowledge what NM had done but rather lied to police that he was with her at a specific time, maybe the day RW went missing perhaps...

I agree it's a possibility, but the point the police made in court about her 'consistently' lying makes me think otherwise. I know some have said she could have been in a form of abusive relationship with him and may well have been out of her depth due to youth etc but she isn't the quiet type and sounds like she had plenty to say. I think he may have convinced her it was accidental or similar though and the gravity of what she'd done only hit upon her arrest! MOO,

I'm not sure that NM threatened all the others, but it is possible that he asked others to get rid of evidence in their bins (on bin day), maybe his collection day was too far away and he needed to get the bags out quickly. They all thought this was foolproof, but the police closed in quicker than expected and caught them all red handed.

NM knew they may come to his place since he was present when Becky went missing, so he called on his 'Bros'. Misguided loyalty is the absolutely nicest term I can use to explain such lunacy on the part of the friends.

BBM Yes, I think you have a good point. The Police immediately after the find began collecting and searching every bin in the vicinity. I can't help thinking that NM was cornered and knew the clock was ticking. It felt like there was a big gust of wind the day before arrest. I guess that was possibly evidence in the Car that joined NM to the crime. I think he had something else planned for disposal but as the Police were closing in his choices were restricted so this was the only way. Put evidence into the refuse system which was due for collection imminently. Thank God, BW was found as I think that would have just made things even harder for the Family to grieve.

BIB Barton Court and CML are very close together so I am guessing that the collection day would be on the same day for both properties. IIRC Monday 2nd March was the refuse collection day. Do we know if the police suspended the refuse collection in the area? I don't recall reading that they did. People were commenting on here as to why the police were gathering all the bins together outside CML on Tuesday 4th as surely they had just been emptied the day before.

If I had something in my possession and wanted rid of it.
I also expect a call from police soon and my bins were emptied yesterday.
I would ask a 'bro' to put them out for collection at his address next week, I would expect that the police visiting me would not link me, my goods, and my mates.

If I had something in my possession and wanted rid of it.
I also expect a call from police soon and my bins were emptied yesterday.
I would ask a 'bro' to put them out for collection at his address next week, I would expect that the police visiting me would not link me, my goods, and my mates.
Thats why the Police love Facebook and other social networks.

In the past they would have been potentially clueless who your 'bros' were. Now that information is usually handed to them on a plate.

BIB Barton Court and CML are very close together so I am guessing that the collection day would be on the same day for both properties. IIRC Monday 2nd March was the refuse collection day. Do we know if the police suspended the refuse collection in the area? I don't recall reading that they did. People were commenting on here as to why the police were gathering all the bins together outside CML on Tuesday 4th as surely they had just been emptied the day before.

Yes they stopped it, I'm not sure if it was 'announced' as such but I remember it being said on one of the TV news reports

Thats why the Police love Facebook and other social networks.

In the past they would have been potentially clueless who your 'bros' were. Now that information is usually handed to them on a plate.

Yes, it's definitely one of the more positive aspect to come from the Social Networking sites, so much information can be found. And though certain Media News pages have been slammed for putting up too much information about Becky's Disappearance and some people writing the most disrespectful posts, it really does get people talking and that on the whole is a positive thing in these circumstances.

I agree it's a possibility, but the point the police made in court about her 'consistently' lying makes me think otherwise. I know some have said she could have been in a form of abusive relationship with him and may well have been out of her depth due to youth etc but she isn't the quiet type and sounds like she had plenty to say. I think he may have convinced her it was accidental or similar though and the gravity of what she'd done only hit upon her arrest! MOO,

What makes you say she isn't the quiet type? My impression is that she was but I don't remember reading it.

Using Tapatalk

What makes you say she isn't the quiet type? My impression is that she was but I don't remember reading it.

Using Tapatalk

That particular topic has been deemed off limits I think webnut. Check Tricias post above.

That particular topic has been deemed off limits I think webnut. Check Tricias post above.
No it hasn't we've just been asked to think about what we write beforehand

No it hasn't we've just been asked to think about what we write beforehand

Tricia says the family have contacted her and are hurt by comments. I apologise for reading it wrongly, but I figured that discussion of Beckys personality traits and those of the family/friends are not allowed. Since this is a familial crime, and opinion is pretty much all we have (and personal experience to compare and contrast), unless MSM print more fact (yeah feels weird to say MSM and fact together) then any discussion is pretty much over for now.

I try to always think before I write, but I would imagine that any discussion would be hurtful, the situation is awful, the circumstances are awful, I am not sure how we can discuss it without it being awful to read.

Tricia says the family have contacted her and are hurt by comments. I apologise for reading it wrongly, but I figured that discussion of Beckys personality traits and those of the family/friends are not allowed. Since this is a familial crime, and opinion is pretty much all we have (and personal experience to compare and contrast), unless MSM print more fact (yeah feels weird to say MSM and fact together) then any discussion is pretty much over for now.

I try to always think before I write, but I would imagine that any discussion would be hurtful, the situation is awful, the circumstances are awful, I am not sure how we can discuss it without it being awful to read.
If you read Tricia's post again you will see that the family have not been in touch, someone connected to the case has been in touch.

Whoever that was (possibly Police liaison or a family friend) they have said that they have been hurt by 'some' comments particularly those about family members appearance or actions.

That doesn't mean that someone can't discuss if SH (it was SH not Becky) is shy or not. How on earth could anyone be offended by that?

The purpose of this site is to discuss crimes, there are things that even framed with the greatest of care are going to be upsetting, crime is upsetting. We can be respectful and careful with our posts but realistically the family should understand that this isn't a place of solace for victims.

Well said, Wallace. I'm sure people have come across far, far more upsetting comments on other internet sites than anything posted here. It's the downside of the internet, and frankly it's best avoided if you are in a sensitive and vulnerable state.

Using Tapatalk

It's is mostly based on her posts on FB and the Police saying she has 'consistently' lied....Doesn't make for quiet/timid type, could well be wrong or maybe she is just confident with NM at her side.

We were discussing the accused NOT the Victim though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro