GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannabis offences are dealt with quite leniently in the UK. Especially if you're young/first time offender/low down the chain.
As you say, they almost certainly knew it was something illegal, whether or not they knew it was a body I don't know, saying they thought it was weed and thus insinuating perhaps they were used to handling weed is a lot better than insinuating they're involved with storing and or dealing cocaine or heroin.
At the low volume end of the scale cannabis offences are treated very leniently.

Once the volume (weight) starts to rise the treatment is very serious.

Being paid £5k as part of that operation, it would be very hard to argue that you were low down the chain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

To need a few people and a van to move weed though, the weight and bulk, it doesn't sound believable to me.Would it have sounded reasonable to them? There was Becky's remains and power tools aswell I think. Did they think all that
was weed, £750,000 ?
Recent news articles have valued seizures of that weight at around that value.

As far as I know, there were no significant quantities of drugs found during the searches.

This is a hypothetical discussiion. If it had been approx 60KG of cannabis instead of 60KG of power tools and body parts.

To need a few people and a van to move weed though, the weight and bulk, it doesn't sound believable to me.Would it have sounded reasonable to them? There was Becky's remains and power tools aswell I think. Did they think all that
was weed, £750,000 ?
It appears that the weight and bulk did require the van, it's also possible that they didn't want to use their own car for forensic reasons.

If the bags would fit in a car boot then the prosecution could push very hard on the pair to ask why they risked their jobs by using a work van.

[Mr May says he and his wife basically brought up Nathan Matthews. Says NM had a normal schooling and wanted to become an electrician.

video=twitter;652111444524290048]https://twitter.com/jonkay01/status/652111444524290048[/video]

This is an absolutely horrific case! Poor Becky, having to put up with that low-life for years and he ends her life exactly as he always wanted!

When this case first broke, I was so angry! I'm still angry! How can a parent protect a child when the perpetrator is one of the family? I believe Becky's life had been hell since NM became part of her life. :cry:

It's interesting to note that Christopher May and his wife raised NM. Was NM jealous that his mum was mothering Becky and didn't mother him? Becky was everything NM wasn't, a pleasant, kind and loving child? My lawd, how NM must have hated her! Becky did nothing to deserve that hatred, he was already a young man when their world's collided, he would have hated any child in that family, imo.

SH probably listened to this guy's ravings and perversions since they became a couple, and then they become one/like-minded. Makes me so sick!!!!! :pullhair:

NM is clearly a murdering psychopath and he found a willing accomplice in SH. As others have stated, Fred and Rose West & Brady and Hindley in the making.
NM brutally kills Becky, they order pizza, they shop for buzz saws, they dismember her body, then act so innocent and even help with 'fundraising and searches'. In private, enjoying the pain and suffering they've caused the whole family, laughing and enjoying themselves!!! :gaah:

If NM and SH had gotten away with it, who knows how many girls this pair would have tortured and killed?! I hope they're imprisoned for the rest of their lives, they truly don't deserve to exist on this planet.
Brady is still alive ffs!!!

JMO

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2015-10-09/becky-watts-trial-day-3/

Good run down of today's questioning...

On the topic of them thinking it was cannabis - I have seen conflicting report some saying they thought they were helping shift weed and others a saying they thought it was items from a robbery. They have been linked to before - would be interesting to know which it is..

Imo if they thought they were storing weed then the saw and other items also found in the shed disprove this. However if they thought it was items from a robbery, well more than plausable

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2015-10-09/becky-watts-trial-day-3/

Good run down of today's questioning...

On the topic of them thinking it was cannabis - I have seen conflicting report some saying they thought they were helping shift weed and others a saying they thought it was items from a robbery. They have been linked to before - would be interesting to know which it is..

Imo if they thought they were storing weed then the saw and other items also found in the shed disprove this. However if they thought it was items from a robbery, well more than plausable

It would certainly carry a significantly smaller sentence.

Yes, I don't think we should get hung up on the idea that it was supposedly all cannabis. For example, there are many small valuable electronic items nowadays which could feasibly have been stolen and formed part of the stash.

Have just been catching up with news of the trial. This is so horrible :( Poor Becky and her family

Sar2them - you may not have seen but Retribution claims to know Becky's family personally so the above may be their personal opinion not fact stated in media etc

Sar2them - you may not have seen but Retribution claims to know Becky's family personally so the above may be their personal opinion not fact stated in media etc
Yes sorry I had forgotten about that - however I'll reserve judgement atm after all what one person deems as dysfunctional and messed up others may not - now a messed up/dysfunctional family example is definitely the whole Woods/Kent family..

Yes sorry I had forgotten about that - however I'll reserve judgement atm after all what one person deems as dysfunctional and messed up others may not - now a messed up/dysfunctional family example is definitely the whole Woods/Kent family..

I don't know who the Woods/Kent family are, but I guessed that Retribution may have been referring mainly to the relationships between Becky, her mother, father and stepmother.

Unless "certain things" unveiled in court turn out to be that other members of BW's family assisted NM in the killing & disposal of BW (extremely doubtful), then I can't see that anything new to the family which would drive a wedge between them would be said.

I appreciate that the family may not have lead a whiter than white existence or relate to each other in a way that is different to your family but they didn't kill BW & are not on trial.

Without the focus of obtaining justice for Becky; the passage of time & feelings of guilt/recrimination about how NM entered their lives, relationships may break down among the family - or they may not.

This case sickens me because of how heinous it was. The idea that a step brother can do something this heinous to someone so innocent and sweet and who had a whole life ahead of her, is just disgusting.

I don't believe the female suspect's account of events, that she had nothing to do with the crime. This case somehow reminds me of the case involving couple Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo, in that Homolka very much influenced Bernardo into enacting much of the violence. I think the same sort of theme is involved in this case where the female drives the male's actions (by way of psyche profiling).

I think the female suspect likely harbored the initial hated of Becky. I think Becky was sweet, beautiful, skinny, and in general everyone found her endearing like a princess -- and these are the things that drives the female suspect up the wall because the suspect herself is everything but. The suspect was not terribly attractive, was a little on the heavier side, and most certainly does not exude 'princess' like qualities. I think the suspect was jealous of Becky's seemingly perfect start to life and her beauty. Maybe she was jealous that the male suspect, though highly taboo, also found himself attracted to Becky. I think the female suspect initiated much of the hatred the male suspect also developed for Becky. Maybe she would make comments behind Becky's back when the two are in private. Basically, there will be an onslaught and long term psych campaign against Becky until she encouraged the male suspect to have carried out the act he did leading up to the crime.

I think the male suspect was attracted to step-sister Becky. But, it was highly taboo to do so, since they are now family. He never did anything, but he would probably always look at her at family gatherings. I think the female suspect may have picked up on these cues too. I think the male suspect might have been jealous of Becky also, because she seems to have such a good life ahead of her, while he was doing dead-beat jobs and lived in poverty.

This is just a theory, but essentially, I think the female suspect encouraged and manipulated the male suspect into committing these crimes. Her primary motive may have been jealousy. After a long psychological campaign against Becky with the male suspect, she finally convinces him to do something to Becky. The rest is history.

As for the dismemberment, I think she was very much involved in the act. The male suspect may have bought the saw and the supplies, but there is no doubt in my mind the female suspect in such a situation would have played a major role in this heinous act during the disposal process.

Honestly, these suspects don't strike me as too intelligent. He bought a circular saw? I doubt they used it much. The kind of mess that would generate.

Anyway, I think the female suspect played a huge role here. She may or may not be involved in the initial struggle, but as far as disposal of the body is concerned, females in couples that commit violent crime usually play a very large role in the cleanup. This is the typical M.O. of female perps: they either poison people or they are heavily involved with the cleanup/dismemberment.

I agree with most of your points e-sherlock Holmes - I think it is possible that SH was manipulating NM. I think it VERY likely she was very involved with the clean up if not the actual murder. I think it's possible I may change my mind about SH when I hear the defence.
I dont think it's at all Taboo highly or otherwise for step siblings to be attracted or romantically involved with each other but I think the fact that that they were step siblings with a 12 year age gap would make it off limits in my opinion.

I agree with most of your points e-sherlock Holmes - I think it is possible that SH was manipulating NM. I think it VERY likely she was very involved with the clean up if not the actual murder. I think it's possible I may change my mind about SH when I hear the defence.
I dont think it's at all Taboo highly or otherwise for step siblings to be attracted or romantically involved with each other but I think the fact that that they were step siblings with a 12 year age gap would make it off limits in my opinion.

Yeah I agree. They might find the step-siblings attractive, and there may be a degree of tension there, but in general most people will try to avoid these things. I bet the male suspect knows very well he shouldn't be attracted to her, but I think it was a natural instinct he probably had as a member of the male gender. So that probably made it feel wrong. Anyway, I think he was probably attracted to Becky, and I think the female suspect might have picked up on the awkward interactions between the two and was jealous of Becky because of that too (on top of Becky being skinnier and more beautiful than she was).

As far as the actual murder, its possible. Didn't the police find his bloody fingerprint in her room? So at least he was involved. I agree with you that she might have been involved too. For example, she might be holding the stun gun or other weapons, while he was the one man handling the victim.

Somehow this crime reminds me a lot of Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo in that I think the female suspect manipulated the male to do a lot of the heavy lifting.

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-Wa...nager-8217-s/story-27953184-detail/story.html

Interesting piece from the Bristol Post - this article states that SH was in the Garden while NM was murdering Becky.

Also that a pregnancy related Google search was done by SH or NM - as someone who's been pregnant, I struggle to comprehend that a women could committ such acts as murder/kidnap while pregnant.
However, I CAN kind of understand her helping to clean up, thinking that she was protecting NM and saving herself from being left alone and pregnant, especially if she didn't like Becky.

NM has confessed, pleaded guilty to killing Becky so we already know that Yes his finger prints in Becky's blood add up etc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE