GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I am confused about - the evidence of the police who went round to Barton Court and found the body parts.

I thought that NM had told the police where Becky's body was ? but the police evidence says that when they went to Barton Court, they discovered the suitcases and bags and did not know what was in them ?
I don't think we've heard in court yet that NM told them exactly where she was..I'm wondering if NM was less than specific I. E. You need to go to blah blah

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

NM stated that he had some physical issues which contributed to why he quit his delivery job. He mentions probs with his shoulder (not sure if he's implying that's from driving a clutch), as well as issues with his back.

And Becky fought back valiantly for her life.

Perhaps, Shauna did actually physically participate in Becky's attempted kidnapping & murder, esp since NM may not have been able to take her down alone as easily as he had thought:

Matthews said he had been to a pain clinic because his shoulder hurt - experts said it was down to a chemical imbalance.

He said: “All my jobs have been deliveries apart from Sainsbury’s when I killed my back

Indeed, he may have needed help for both her murder as well as decapitation.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6631230#ICID=sharebar_twitter
I go to a pain clinic for shoulder pain - it's a way to fob you off and get you to manage the pain yourself.. I still box...I wouldn't take too much stock on him attending the clinic, they tend to do that nowadays when docs can't figure out why you have the pain

Beckys dad, Darren has somehow been able to sit throughout this session. Other family members have left the court in tears.

Kudos to that man - the strength it must have taken

I agree. The thoughts that must be going through his mind, Becky's courageous fight, what finally happened to her.

It must also enter his mind all the interactions he's had with NM and SH over the years. How he welcomed them into his home and evil lurked in their hearts and minds.
I would want to hurt them. :(

I agree. The thoughts that must be going through his mind, Becky's courageous fight, what finally happened to her.

It must also enter his mind all the interactions he's had with NM and SH over the years. How he welcomed them into his home and evil lurked in their hearts and minds.
I would want to hurt them. :(
I was just thinking I'd have to be restrained from launching myself at the !

At the minimum I'd launch a few strategically launched spits at them

One thing that I am confused about - the evidence of the police who went round to Barton Court and found the body parts.

I thought that NM had told the police where Becky's body was ? but the police evidence says that when they went to Barton Court, they discovered the suitcases and bags and did not know what was in them ?

I agree, NM didn't sound co-operative once they zeroed in on him. Just guessing here, but the tip off might have said check this address and the police assumed they would find Becky's body whole. :(

Court done for the day..what a day

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 5m5 minutes ago

Pathologist's evidence is finished in the #beckywatts trial. Court has finished for the day.

Is it possible the tip-off to police that Becky's remains might be on the property of KD and his girlfriend JP may have come from their neighbor who mentioned to police that their dogs had not been outside in the yard for several days:

A neighbour tells the court how usually he would see dogs in the garden.

But in the time before the body parts were found on March 2nd he hadn’t seen the dogs outside for a “good couple of days”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6631230#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Just catching up on the day's proceedings; thanks for the updates.

This is confusing to me also; the way the evidence was given made it sound like the police/detective just happened to be patrolling that area & no concrete reason for stopping JI & KD in the blue fiesta. I can only assume that this is because the evidence re NM's post arrest interview and subsequent (written) disclosure hasn't been presented to the jury by the officers involved yet.

I'm not sure why NM's pre-arrest interviews are being presented as transcripts rather than video or audio recordings like SH's are?

Wow. After reading through all this today I'm just horrified but I've also had a thought as to why NM said he strangled her but the cause of death was suffocation and I don't know if I can say it?

Is it possible the tip-off to police that Becky's remains might be on the property of KD and his girlfriend JP may have come from their neighbor who mentioned to police that their dogs had not been outside in the yard for several days:

A neighbour tells the court how usually he would see dogs in the garden.

But in the time before the body parts were found on March 2nd he hadn’t seen the dogs outside for a “good couple of days”.

I wonder about the tip off.
Would the police say "tip off" if it came from the person they had in custody accused of kidnap?

I'm more inclined to think it came from outside somewhere, but I could be wrong of course.

Wow. After reading through all this today I'm just horrified but I've also had a thought as to why NM said he strangled her but the cause of death was suffocation and I don't know if I can say it?

I gave my opinion on that yesterday (trying to make SH's timeline of smoking more credible) and wasn't moderated - if you make clear it's your opinion I think you're ok

I imagine illegal drugs are packed in a similar way? Lots of small packages and they couldn't see what was in them. I'm not defending them though, but I think it is possible they didn't know the contents were Becky.

Could have been the reason why NM disposed of Becky in such a way. I hate typing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is confusing to me also; the way the evidence was given made it sound like the police/detective just happened to be patrolling that area & no concrete reason for stopping JI & KD in the blue fiesta. I can only assume that this is because the evidence re NM's post arrest interview and subsequent (written) disclosure hasn't been presented to the jury by the officers involved yet.

I'm not sure why NM's pre-arrest interviews are being presented as transcripts rather than video or audio recordings like SH's are?
I have wondered that - mind you if they have different barristers then they'll all have different tactics..perhaps his barrister thought it would be detrimental for the jury to see his video I. E. Because of his body language or something

I imagine illegal drugs are packed in a similar way? Lots of small packages and they couldn't see what was in them. I'm not defending them though, but I think it is possible they didn't know the contents were Becky.

Could have been the reason why NM disposed of Becky in such a way. I hate typing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't feel up to giving them the benefit of the doubt after today's evidence which was so grim.

But you are probably correct about drugs packed in small packages, maybe then. More evidence will clarify.

eta - and I hate typing this, but I assumed the dismemberment may have been because of rigor?

Ok just my opinion completely but I have 2 thoughts.
A possible reason for NM saying the cause of death was strangulation rather than suffocation could be because he believed that to be the case because he is covering for SH who I now believe was definitely involved in the killing. Just MOO.

My other thought is perhaps it was JP and or KD or even DD that gave the police the tip off.

Another thing of note is when being arrested SH said she didn't know how to when asked if she could say where RW was, that to me makes me think NM didn't tell her where he just dealt with it.

Must stress this is all my opinion but I'm starting to think SH is the main instigator here and NM did all the covering up and is willing to take the wrap for her.

I can't stop thinking about SH's involvement in the actual act of killing Becky. She said she went out for a smoke and took the little girl to feed the rabbit. Then she said she washed her hands, she emphasised that more than once. After seeing the state of their home, an absolute pigsty. No way would SH wash her hands after feeding a rabbit, or having a smoke. She's grebby. I noticed in the photos of CML that it didn't look like the cat litter tray had been cleaned for weeks, yuk. If there is truth to what she said, and she did wash her hands. It was to wash off blood or something. I recall forensics being at Beckys house for a number of days, hopefully they will have found enough evidence to convict SH, as well as NM of murder.

Ok just my opinion completely but I have 2 thoughts.
A possible reason for NM saying the cause of death was strangulation rather than suffocation could be because he believed that to be the case because he is covering for SH who I now believe was definitely involved in the killing. Just MOO.

My other thought is perhaps it was JP and or KD or even DD that gave the police the tip off.

Another thing of note is when being arrested SH said she didn't know how to when asked if she could say where RW was, that to me makes me think NM didn't tell her where he just dealt with it.

Must stress this is all my opinion but I'm starting to think SH is the main instigator here and NM did all the covering up and is willing to take the wrap for her.
Hmm interesting..would I be right in thinking that suffocation is more of a woman's crime and strangulation a man's? Strength wise?

Snipped ............

I wonder if this is to do with who will be taking the stand and who will not be ?

ie: Perhaps SH will not be giving evidence, so Prosecution has argued - successfully - for her pre arrest interviews to be shown, as this will be the only time the jury will hear her speak.

and, likewise - perhaps NM is going to give evidence, so Defence may have argued that any pre arrest interviews should not be shown , as they want the jury to concentrate solely on how NM comes across when he is in the witness box

3.10pm - Hoare texts Matthews: 'What time do you finish work LOL? Hugs and kisses'.

I really wonder about the "LOL" comment the suspect made.

I'm wondering if the suspect has some kind of sick morbid obsession. Knowing what they ultimately did after that message was sent, it almost seems like the female suspect was looking forward to the dismemberment. As if to say "Can't wait.. hurry home".

Or it could be something innocent taken out of context. I am thinking the police investigators entered this into evidence for a reason and that is probably to point to the former, that the suspect seems giddy about their little hobby or 'date night' with the disposal process, to indicate perhaps a deranged and psychopathic mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orions