GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just my opinion completely but I have 2 thoughts.
A possible reason for NM saying the cause of death was strangulation rather than suffocation could be because he believed that to be the case because he is covering for SH who I now believe was definitely involved in the killing. Just MOO.

My other thought is perhaps it was JP and or KD or even DD that gave the police the tip off.

Another thing of note is when being arrested SH said she didn't know how to when asked if she could say where RW was, that to me makes me think NM didn't tell her where he just dealt with it.

Must stress this is all my opinion but I'm starting to think SH is the main instigator here and NM did all the covering up and is willing to take the wrap for her.

Re the strangulation - yes, I think it is very possible that NM did think he had strangled her and did not in fact realise that the cod was suffocation
( I hated typing that )

Hmm interesting..would I be right in thinking that suffocation is more of a woman's crime and strangulation a man's? Strength wise?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Well it was the discrepancy over that and what someone else picked up that he's only a bit taller than RW and it's reported he said he had a shoulder injury, could SH have been stronger and more able? Given how much it seems she hated RW if she wanted to physically hurt her I daresay she could, and yes the washing of the hands twice was it? Makes me think of what the analyst said in the UK crimes against children Facebook page about washing hands, it's almost a symbolic thing imo.

Re the strangulation - yes, I think it is very possible that NM did think he had strangled her and did not in fact realise that the cod was suffocation
( I hated typing that )
I think you misread me, I think SH suffocated RW, not NM. I think he might be covering for her. Just MOO!!

Hmm interesting..would I be right in thinking that suffocation is more of a woman's crime and strangulation a man's? Strength wise?

Well I think the forensic pathologist said that it is very difficult to suffocate a healthy conscious person. She also said that the attack on Becky was vicious and prolonged.

My thoughts only, but I think NM must have shouted when RW fought back, and also RW shouted and screamed.
I also think SH probably came to the bedroom with this noise - but what she actually did I'm not certain.
Nevertheless, I think she was in the room when RW was killed.

I just finished watching the 2nd interview with the female suspect.

To be honest, this 2nd interview didn't give me too much. I was looking forward to seeing her verbalize the quotes that we are made aware of yesterday - the female suspect's description and dehumanization of Becky basically. I hope they release the full interview.

I hope they release the male suspect's interview tapes too. Not sure what the motivation is for reading transcripts instead of showing the video alongside written transcripts.

Well it was the discrepancy over that and what someone else picked up that he's only a bit taller than RW and it's reported he said he had a shoulder injury, could SH have been stronger and more able? Given how much it seems she hated RW if she wanted to physically hurt her I daresay she could, and yes the washing of the hands twice was it? Makes me think of what the analyst said in the UK crimes against children Facebook page about washing hands, it's almost a symbolic thing imo.
Reason I asked was perhaps he thought if he said he strangled her people would be more likely to believe he did it as it takes more strength and SH is a weak little wallflower

I think "tip off" was a phrase coined by some of the media; the actual statement at the press conference to announce body parts had been found http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-becky-watts-live-updates-5262015 scroll to 10:04am

Detective Superintendent Mike Courtiour made the following statement:

“As a result of new information received late last night, we attended a house at Barton Court in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.

“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts.

I agree with someone else earlier that Becky's bedroom seems too immaculate (by way of blood splatter) for the actual murder to have been committed inside her bedroom. I somehow don't buy that unless they prepped the place with covers. There are signs of struggle, yes, such as the broken shelves presumably not damaged by forensic investigators. But there appears, based on the description, to have been very little blood splatter other than a bloody fingerprint belonging to the male victim.

However, the fact that the forensic pathologists noted the victim sustained multiple stab wounds while she was still alive, this would probably have left a mess. Even if she died from suffocation/strangulation, the stab wounds were done when she was alive. Something might be amiss here. A clearer chain of events describing the physical altercation might be helpful.

The toilet where they allegedly did the disposal is cluttered with crap just besides the bathtub. Either they prepped the place, or else there must be physical evidence like blood splatter or tissue matter left on the items there. I also doubt they actually used much of the circular saw. Its a powerful tool and there will be lots of mess. Also, did they somehow drape the bathtub? Because otherwise, investigators should have taken the pipework to do testing on it, as evidence will surely have trickled their way down there if the suspects simply flushed away some residual evidence and cleaning solution.

Surprised nothing found under BW's nails given that pathologist described them as long and there was a struggle - maybe that would be some other forensic discipline who would give evidence on that

I agree with someone else earlier that Becky's bedroom seems too immaculate (by way of blood splatter) for the actual murder to have been committed inside her bedroom. I somehow don't buy that unless they prepped the place with covers. There are signs of struggle, yes, such as the broken shelves were as is, and not damaged by forensic investigators. But there appears, based on the description, to have been very little blood splatter other than a bloody fingerprint belonging to the male victim.

However, the fact that the forensic pathologists noted the victim sustained multiple stab wounds while she was still alive, this would probably have left a mess. Something might be amiss here. A clearer chain of events describing the physical altercation might be helpful.

The toilet where they allegedly did the disposal is cluttered with crap just besides the bathtub. Either they prepped the place, or else there must be physical evidence like blood splatter or tissue matter left on the items there. I also doubt they actually used much of the circular saw. Its a powerful tool and there will be lots of mess. Also, did they somehow drape the bathtub? Because otherwise, investigators should have taken the pipework to do testing on it, as evidence will surely have trickled their way down there if the suspects simply flushed away some residual evidence and cleaning solution.
The knife wounds were inflicted post mortem

She sustained 40 injuries pre death - cuts and bruises; all stab wounds inflicted after death

Surprised nothing found under BW's nails given that pathologist described them as long and there was a struggle - maybe that would be some other forensic discipline who would give evidence on that
I think the pathologist will continue with other findings tomorrow - was concentrating on wounds inflicted today...guess it would be bought up with mask Dna etc

The knife wounds were inflicted post mortem

She sustained 40 injuries pre death - cuts and bruises; all stab wounds inflicted after death

Are those 'cut' wounds natural wounds from say scraping something in a scuffle, and not caused by a sharp object purposely used as a weapon of sorts? I've only read one news article on it so far without too much details.

Are those 'cut' wounds natural wounds from say scraping something in a scuffle, and not caused by a sharp object purposely used as a weapon of sorts? I've only read one news article on it so far without too much details.
They seems to be cuts like you would get in a fight as opposed to ones made with a blade

I don't know what to make of SH 2nd interview, other than the fact that you can see she is showing a bump, hands clasped together like she's a fragile little thing & she flutters them eyes. Oh, and the fact she keeps talking about becky in the past tense, that's so obvious.

I think she is as guilty as NM, I am convinced she was in beckys bedroom at some point. Something worth thinking about maybe is could the reason she lost the twins be due to the fact of the struggle, maybe becky kicked her in the stomach when fighting for her life? Who knows. Just thinking out loud.

I don't know what to make of SH 2nd interview, other than the fact that you can see she is showing a bump, hands clasped together like she's a fragile little thing & she flutters them eyes. Oh, and the fact she keeps talking about becky in the past tense, that's so obvious.

I think she is as guilty as NM, I am convinced she was in beckys bedroom at some point. Something worth thinking about maybe is could the reason she lost the twins be due to the fact of the struggle, maybe becky kicked her in the stomach when fighting for her life? Who knows. Just thinking out loud.

I'm wondering if the female suspect was playing the role of a lookout and/or potential assistant if the male suspect required additional help. Surely somebody must be playing that role of a lookout, even as they had a good idea of everybody else's schedule.

The idea might be that the male suspect is a man, and hence supposedly much stronger than the so called "anorexic" girl. Maybe the male suspect handled everything himself. Maybe he called out for help.

My theory is she was probably assigned as the lookout person, who may or may not have helped with the actual fatal blows during the critical moments of the kidnapping/murder, if the male suspect had called for backup.

I imagine illegal drugs are packed in a similar way? Lots of small packages and they couldn't see what was in them. I'm not defending them though, but I think it is possible they didn't know the contents were Becky.

Could have been the reason why NM disposed of Becky in such a way. I hate typing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree that perhaps a good majority of them didn't know what it was initially.

However, I think the argument is that it should have been exceedingly obvious as the days went by, because of the timeline of events, and the fact this was a widely covered case at the time.

Granted, that it takes actually believing the suspect was capable of the heinous act of dismemberment, to actually believe that those bags were something heinous. Because clearly those bags would not resemble anything like an intact body. And I do believe some individuals in society simply cannot fathom somebody can be that evil as an initial response, especially somebody they must have known for a long time, and will therefore not connect the dots immediately to have called the cops.

Ultimately, the charges should still stand, as they all had indeed engaged in perversing the course of justice.

Matthews said he had been to a pain clinic because his shoulder hurt - experts said it was down to a chemical imbalance.

He said: “All my jobs have been deliveries apart from Sainsbury’s when I killed my back.”
Its possible those physical aliments could have been 'made up' too.

These suspects are allegedly on social assistance of sorts?

Its not the first time people lied about their condition to obtain approval for social assistance. Just saying. So maybe the male suspect had a hurt back. Or maybe he had a hurt back on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru