GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she has the right to remain silent.
Although don't trust a word I'm saying, this trial is so horrific that I can hardly think straight when I'm trying to post on the thread.

Its horrible isnt it? I logged on briefly to post last night but then couldnt face it.

I said in a previous post that the media are not posting everything, Id known some of these details before, but hearing them and reading about them today has made me feel ill.
I also want to say that no matter how...I dont know the right word to use here...rough, possibly??....the Family are, they have my upmost respect for the way they've dealt with this and shown a united front in court, and the strength they have shown.

Sorry that image is not coming up for some reason ...click to view

imo, very easy to take a large bag out of the front door and put into the boot without being seen.... decent privet hedge also gives screen from street

Can she be charged with murder now or is it too late? Surely she should have been up for that in the first place? Mind you, we don't know the half of it...yet. I also don't get why she's not a witness for either side.

THAT is an excellent question- why hasn't she been? Any of our legal posters able to shed some light on that?

Have asked my best friend (a criminal barrister!). Would imagine it would only be permitted in exceptionally few circumstances but will see what she says.
Thanks Finally, I'm sure I do know somewhere in my cranium (I'm legally trained too) but I can't for the life of me think...as you say I imagine it's not granted very often else everyone would be submitting applications

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Not if she doesnt take the stand.

Ah an American legal phrase. In the UK she physically does have to take the stand, but can provide no comment answers. Would imagine her barrister has advised her against this depending on how much evidence has been disclosed against her.

It is alleged Matthews cut up Becky's body in his bath over three days before moving it to the shed of his friend Karl Demetrius.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lood-stained-knife-goggles.html#ixzz3odjRIfV1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

3 days? I doubt they had an ensuite bathroom, and possibly not even a downstairs toilet, so did they actually use that bathroom to wash in and go to the toilet in for 3 days, whilst Becky's body was in there? I hope their child was still in nappies, and didn't actually get taken in the bathroom in that 3 days, even if things were covered over.

Seriously, how could anyone spend 3 days with a dead body, especially the state it would have been in, without cracking up. How damaged must they be to have coped with that.

How long does it take rigor to set in, and when does it reverse?

Rigor normally appears within the body around two hours after the deceased has passed away.

Once the contracting of all the body's muscles has taken place this state of Rigor - technically referred to as the Rigid Stage - normally lasts anything from eight to twelve hours after which time the body is completely stiff; this fixed state lasts for up to another eighteen hours.

Contrary to common perception the process of Rigor Mortis actually does reverse and the body returns to a flaccid state; the muscles losing their tightness in the reverse of how they gained it: i.e.: those larger muscles that contracted last will lose their stiffness first and return to their pre-Rigor condition.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/rigor-mortis-and-lividity.html

Thanks Finally, I'm sure I do know somewhere in my cranium (I'm legally trained too) but I can't for the life of me think...as you say I imagine it's not granted very often else everyone would be submitting applications

Apparently it's not permitted in any circumstances, at least in British law.

THAT is an excellent question- why hasn't she been? Any of our legal posters able to shed some light on that?
She is charged with murder isn't she - or have I misunderstood

Its horrible isnt it? I logged on briefly to post last night but then couldnt face it.

I said in a previous post that the media are not posting everything, Id known some of these details before, but hearing them and reading about them today has made me feel ill.
I also want to say that no matter how...I dont know the right word to use here...rough, possibly??....the Family are, they have my upmost respect for the way they've dealt with this and shown a united front in court, and the strength they have shown.

I don't know how they are sitting there day after day listening to the horrors that happened. They must be so strong together.

I thought she has been charged with murder? But she is pleading not guilty to that and all the other charges?

I thought she has been charged with murder? But she is pleading not guilty to that and all the other charges?

Yes my bad- she IS actually charged with murder- was having a blonde moment... apologies

Ah an American legal phrase. In the UK she physically does have to take the stand, but can provide no comment answers. Would imagine her barrister has advised her against this depending on how much evidence has been disclosed against her.

Funny I used that but am English..... habit I suppose.

I did not know she could be forced to give evidence - I thought her barrister could refuse , on her behalf.

Apparently it's not permitted in any circumstances, at least in British law.
Yes I've just looked it up - defendants can't but witnesses in non trial hearings can apply

Sorry still trying to work out how to attach things etc lol. What I also meant was IF that driveway door opened perhaps that was the exit through the house with the body, via the garden and a certain someone was apparantly in the garden smoking??

There is better pics on DG social media page

Is that a garage with a door behind the car or a solid wall?

I think ( but dont know ) that it is some kind of shed - or could be a garage - I dont believe it is a wall - there is a view of this from the back, will try to find the pic

Funny I used that but am English..... habit I suppose.

I did not know she could be forced to give evidence - I thought her barrister could refuse , on her behalf.

Nope she will be cross examined by the prosecution barrister who will throw a load of implicating 'questions' at her. She can answer no comment or not answer, but the prosecution will continue with their questions. The jury are likely to infer an outcome from her reluctance to answer questions...

She is charged with murder isn't she - or have I misunderstood

The charge of murder was added to her charge list, back in August I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads