GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes of course - people are expressing disgust towards NMs actions however people seem to be really outraged that it looks as though SH is involved - maybe it's because she's a mother and they're seen as protectors or because she was pregnant I don't know but the word "evil" seems to be synonymous with SH

Big difference between the two is that he has pleaded guilty to (virtually) all the charges, while she has pleaded guilty to none of them.
I am also inclined to think that he did not intend to kill Becky - at least, not there and then.
Too early to say whether a manslaughter verdict would be appropriate, but let's not forget the maximum sentence for manslaughter is life imprisonment.

THE court!?!?!?!

Yes.
Eta..Ive had an email from Tricia saying they have a lot of verifications to go through and it does take a few days but hopefully I will be verified soon as Im about to go into hospital for major surgery.

I dont think her barrister will put her on the stand - unless of course she insists, which I doubt.
I do wonder, as I commented yesterday, if this is the reason the video interviews with SH have been shown to Jury. Prosecution arguing that this will be the only opportunity for Jury to see SH actually speak.

I'm a bit confused by this, why wouldn't the jury actually see SH speak? Surely she will be cross examined by the prosecution?

My previous post hadn't been commented in so perhaps it was of no interest, or maybe because the thread was dead at the time! I'll just reiterate: 'do you want to hide a body?' YouTube search brings up a frozen parody with the lyric 'it doesn't have to be in one piece'. I theorised that the body was probably in rigor at this point in time and SH had remembered this line and wanted to show NM. They might not have realised that rigor is only temporary and so felt it necessary to dismember.

My previous post hadn't been commented in so perhaps it was of no interest, or maybe because the thread was dead at the time! I'll just reiterate: 'do you want to hide a body?' YouTube search brings up a frozen parody with the lyric 'it doesn't have to be in one piece'. I theorised that the body was probably in rigor at this point in time and SH had remembered this line and wanted to show NM. They might not have realised that rigor is only temporary and so felt it necessary to dismember.
Maybe but I think that thought process is too complex for these individuals .. they don't seem to be the brightest sparks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm a bit confused by this, why wouldn't the jury actually see SH speak? Surely she will be cross examined by the prosecution?

I believe she has the right to remain silent.
Although don't trust a word I'm saying, this trial is so horrific that I can hardly think straight when I'm trying to post on the thread.

I think she was dismembered in order for her body to be easily hidden. The Barton Court storage was just temporary, I'd imagine they intended to put a body part here and a body part there. Maybe bury them in different areas or in different rivers? Bristol is very close to the coast so they might have thought they disperse her out there?

Yes of course - people are expressing disgust towards NMs actions however people seem to be really outraged that it looks as though SH is involved - maybe it's because she's a mother and they're seen as protectors or because she was pregnant I don't know but the word "evil" seems to be synonymous with SH

Yes, I do think the thought of a female and a mother doing this to a young girl is abhorrent.
Plus NM has at least put in an admission of guilt ( albeit a very watered down one ) whereas SH has compounded her guilt ( imo ) by her totally innocent pleas.

Although don't trust a word I'm saying, this trial is so horrific that I can hardly think straight when I'm trying to post on the thread.
Shs legal team could have put in an application for her to not be cross examined...not entirely sure what the criteria is for that to be granted

Although they do say that actions speak louder than words and SHS actions in the dock so far speak volumes I think

I think my reactions have been dulled from years of reading about horrible murders and violence. I've read the entire thread yet the thing that elicited the biggest reaction was that there was a cooker in the bathroom?!

No doubt in my mind that they are both guilty and deserving of severe punishment.

I think she was dismembered in order for her body to be easily hidden. The Barton Court storage was just temporary, I'd imagine they intended to put a body part here and a body part there. Maybe bury them in different areas or in different rivers? Bristol is very close to the coast so they might have thought they disperse her out there?

In addition if the body was in pieces it would be much easier to convince the others that the packages contained drugs, as opposed to just handing them a body bag!

How long does it take rigor to set in, and when does it reverse?

I'm legally trained but don't practice criminal law, hence why I didn't understand what you were trying to say. She does have a right to remain silent, and this is usually used as a tactic prior to being charged or when the evidence against you is questionable. The evidence here is pretty damning. Prosecution barristers are also very adept at managing to turn no comment answers into proper comments, the pressure in court is incredibly overwhelming.

I think my reactions have been dulled from years of reading about horrible murders and violence. I've read the entire thread yet the thing that elicited the biggest reaction was that there was a cooker in the bathroom?!

No doubt in my mind that they are both guilty and deserving of severe punishment.

Too true, that was also when my eyes popped out on stalks. Do ya think we're a little bit desensitised...??

Shs legal team could have put in an application for her to not be cross examined...not entirely sure what the criteria is for that to be granted

Although they do say that actions speak louder than words and SHS actions in the dock so far speak volumes I think

Have asked my best friend (a criminal barrister!). Would imagine it would only be permitted in exceptionally few circumstances but will see what she says.

Not if she doesnt take the stand.

Can she be charged with murder now or is it too late? Surely she should have been up for that in the first place? Mind you, we don't know the half of it...yet. I also don't get why she's not a witness for either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchase3400